AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Moderators: Hikaru0, Public Moderators

ETNsilverstar
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:27 pm
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby ETNsilverstar » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:35 am

Leg warmers are still allowed, so think it's safe to say arm warmers would be allowed as well.

TheAC86
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 am
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby TheAC86 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:51 am

Hm, so this list will not be altered for this year? =o
I seriously don't give a **** ^_^
check out my deviantart page =V! Protoman demands it!
http://theac.deviantart.com/

ETNsilverstar
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:27 pm
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby ETNsilverstar » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:07 pm

TheAC86 wrote:Hm, so this list will not be altered for this year? =o


Well you never know when it might get changed last minute, but for now it's unaltered! :)

User avatar
Hikaru0
Artists' Alley DH
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:08 pm
First Anime: Vampire Hunter D
Location: Hitchhiking across the galaxy

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby Hikaru0 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:22 am

ETN is right, the list is unchanged so far. I'll have to ask if I need to add Homestuck merchandise to it, I know the author gave a personal statement about selling merchandise from that, but you guys seem pretty good about policing yourselves with it.

That may be the only thing I need to add this year.

TheAC86
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 am
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby TheAC86 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Hm, I suppose I should check here since I am now a bit uncertain. I am planning on making embroidered patches (really, I am this time.) I was leaning towards a few AOT (attack on titan) emblem patches (all hand sewn cuz I dont own a machine), would this be considered a cosplay item? they were going to be small, but just want to be sure before I sank too much time into them.
I seriously don't give a **** ^_^
check out my deviantart page =V! Protoman demands it!
http://theac.deviantart.com/

User avatar
linksliltri4ce
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:12 pm
First Anime: Deathnote
Contact:

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby linksliltri4ce » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:00 pm

TheAC86 wrote:Hm, I suppose I should check here since I am now a bit uncertain. I am planning on making embroidered patches (really, I am this time.) I was leaning towards a few AOT (attack on titan) emblem patches (all hand sewn cuz I dont own a machine), would this be considered a cosplay item? they were going to be small, but just want to be sure before I sank too much time into them.


I would 99% be sure that these are perfectly acceptable! I personally would consider them an accessory, and not necessarily a cosplay one actually. They just don't want artists making whole costumes to sell, since these would be better suited for the dealer's area. I'd say go for it! I'm impressed you do them all by hand! ;)
My cosplay/commission site at http://www.linksliltri4ce.webstarts.com
and my online store http://www.vendio.com/stores/linksliltri4ce

Come check out my Zelda collection!!! http://linksliltri4cezeldacollection.weebly.com/

TheAC86
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 am
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby TheAC86 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 pm

It's not a simple task either, working out a prototype and trying to streamline production, if I can get quite a few done, I'll be happy.
I seriously don't give a **** ^_^
check out my deviantart page =V! Protoman demands it!
http://theac.deviantart.com/

ETNsilverstar
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:27 pm
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby ETNsilverstar » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:47 pm

linksliltri4ce wrote:
TheAC86 wrote:Hm, I suppose I should check here since I am now a bit uncertain. I am planning on making embroidered patches (really, I am this time.) I was leaning towards a few AOT (attack on titan) emblem patches (all hand sewn cuz I dont own a machine), would this be considered a cosplay item? they were going to be small, but just want to be sure before I sank too much time into them.


I would 99% be sure that these are perfectly acceptable! I personally would consider them an accessory, and not necessarily a cosplay one actually. They just don't want artists making whole costumes to sell, since these would be better suited for the dealer's area. I'd say go for it! I'm impressed you do them all by hand! ;)


I agree, I think you're safe. Cosplay items would be like clothes or weapons that are aimed specifically at cosplay. And I think the patches would be cool cuz you could put them on anything! Good luck with them! They sound like a lot of work!

TheAC86
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 am
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby TheAC86 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Oh wow, are tshirts safe to sell? or iron on appliques?
I seriously don't give a **** ^_^
check out my deviantart page =V! Protoman demands it!
http://theac.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Hikaru0
Artists' Alley DH
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:08 pm
First Anime: Vampire Hunter D
Location: Hitchhiking across the galaxy

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby Hikaru0 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:17 pm

As long as the design on the t-shirts are of your own creation. Same goes with the appliques. Own creation means originally designed. No copying, no tracing, no recolours of an existing design or image.

User avatar
kyuryu
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:00 pm
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist
Location: SHAMBALA!!!
Contact:

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby kyuryu » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:32 pm

CaptiveAura wrote:Okay, another weird question... Assuming we get into Youma this year (so impatient for table registration to open) would we be able to hold a raffle for our products. Like, sell tickets and raffle an item off?


I dont believe this question was answered (at least not that I saw)...and I was gonna ask the same thing. iI have plans on making about 2-4 of a specific item and doong a raffle, would it bo ok?

User avatar
SlightlyWinged
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:21 pm
First Anime: Pokemon

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby SlightlyWinged » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:32 am

Okay, I'm new to con-going in general, so excuse my ignorance. ;^; Anyway, I was hoping to get a table next year, IF I improve enough. Some questions:

I would like to sell some hats, but the rule confuses me. I'd be selling lots of stuff, including stickers, magnets, prints, and plushies. Would I be allowed to bring 3-4 hats to sell at my table?

Are there any limits or restrictions to pricing? Like, if I charge a certain price the first two days, but the last day if my stuff hasn't sold well I slash the prices a bit, would that be okay?

Do I need to buy an artist badge for my helper? I read you should have someone helping you, not just when you need bathroom breaks, but in helping you set up and things too. Would I need to buy them an artist badge, or would a regular badge work fine?

Lastly is there a certain skill level we have to "pass" to be allowed to buy a table, or is anyone who wants to sell stuff allowed, as long as it's their original artwork?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers these questions. :oops:
My Deviantart Account

Novice artist, seamstress and craft maker. Hope to one day be in the Artist's Alley!

User avatar
Hikaru0
Artists' Alley DH
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:08 pm
First Anime: Vampire Hunter D
Location: Hitchhiking across the galaxy

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby Hikaru0 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Raffles are fine.

You are fine with selling hats as long as it's not the only thing you're selling. Pure hat sellers have to apply to the Dealers Room.
You don't have to buy an artists badge for your helper, that is optional, but please remember that individuals with just a standard convention badge will not be able to enter the dealers room area before it opens.


There is no jurying of skill or product quality. Anyone can enter the AA, just so long as you do not sell anything which is listed on our do not sell list.

Ebanbo
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:23 am
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby Ebanbo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:07 pm

is a collage for a character acceptable for tshirts okay? like an all flame princess collage. anso what about photoedited characters like a pear shaped masterchief, or an andy warhol on inspired snoopy, or picture inside a picture ?

User avatar
SlightlyWinged
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:21 pm
First Anime: Pokemon

Re: AA-DENIED LIST. (aka, what we can't let you sell)

Postby SlightlyWinged » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:51 am

Hikaru0 wrote:Raffles are fine.

You are fine with selling hats as long as it's not the only thing you're selling. Pure hat sellers have to apply to the Dealers Room.
You don't have to buy an artists badge for your helper, that is optional, but please remember that individuals with just a standard convention badge will not be able to enter the dealers room area before it opens.


There is no jurying of skill or product quality. Anyone can enter the AA, just so long as you do not sell anything which is listed on our do not sell list.


Ah, thank you very much for answering, it helps to know what I should and shouldn't practice. ^^
My Deviantart Account

Novice artist, seamstress and craft maker. Hope to one day be in the Artist's Alley!


Return to “Artists' Alley”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests