Youmacon International Report

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fifth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Doom Senshi

Youmacon International Report

Postby Doom Senshi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:01 am

As many of you may know I was wandering around Youmacon doing a live feed to Japan. I was doing it for a Japanese friend of mine, Piccolo. He runs a weekly internet radio anime talk show. I originally intended to just let him see Youmacon, but he decided to make a special broadcast. I really have no idea how many people watched the event. I do know he was rather impressed with everything he saw. A few days ago he posted the video on his blog. The link is below if anyone is interested in watching. You can see what he saw and hear my crappy Japanese.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/koubow20053/archives/51360191.html

Above the video is a link to a conversation between Piccolo and me. Whenever my laptop ran out of power I would go back to my room and let it charge and we talked about various aspects of anime.

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Old School Gundam...:)

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:14 am

Wow that was kinda awesome....Didn't get a chance to watch it all, but to know that you did a live feed to Japan and stuff and see us discussed in a Japanese blog is pretty sweet. I'll have to sit when I have a moment to watch the whole thing...:D
T'was also cool that you got the YoumaQuilt there...I remember you passing by with the camera, so I figured there would be some film of it somewhere. I oddly feel humbled to have the quilt in there. The quilt itself was completely handmade and hand stitched using polar fleece, muslin and the prior 4 years Youmacon t-shirts. I would say there are well just under a 1,000 signatures on it along with a few drawings, and several other items on it.
Hope your friend from Japan enjoyed there taste of Youmacon...:D

Raiji, YoumaQuilt Owner :3
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf
--Go to my Scrib'd for the YoumaLingo Dictionary, Glomp Commandments and other fun stuff...

questionsleep
First Anime: Pokémon / Trigun

Postby questionsleep » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:29 am

Suddenly you've become 100 times cooler.

But honestly, if someone said they were doing a live feed to Japan, I wouldn't have believed them unless I followed them and investigated.
But this is proof, so yay =]
I didn't see you at the con, though.

Rockin', man. That small portion of Japan must be happy.

The_Original_UberCuber
First Anime: Dragon Ball Z

Postby The_Original_UberCuber » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Oh ****, I can't stop laughing at the picture of my friend on the blog. She looks rabidly insane
In Soviet Russia, signature reads YOU!

2012 Plans:
Deadpool (with or without Hawaiian shirt)
Naked Snake (with or without Skull facepaint)
Tommy Wiseau

SaitoKojima
First Anime: Hokuto no Ken

Postby SaitoKojima » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:41 am

Do you happen to still have the footage of me doing the **** Finger from G Gundam? XD
Cosplaying as:
Sans - Undertale

Maes-Kun
First Anime: Wolf's Rain

Postby Maes-Kun » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:15 am

I saw you! AWESOME job on the Nathan Explosion persona and "look." I was thoroughly impressed! And Wow, I can't believe you did a live feed to japan... if it was not so late at the moment I'd watch the post, but alas I'm tired and I shall watch it tomorrow... but again, awesome job!
COMPLETED COSPLAY LIST: Koga, Hige, Maes Hughes
This year: Hiccup and Toothless

Starcasm
Gaming Staff

Postby Starcasm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 pm

This is pretty cool! I now regret feeling camera shy at the moment and doing a ninja maneuver behind you when I saw the camera, Gabe.

It was actually a sweet move; I had to rotate the guitar I was holding, while pivoting and sliding so as not to run into other people.

Maes-Kun
First Anime: Wolf's Rain

Re:

Postby Maes-Kun » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:36 am

Starcasm wrote:This is pretty cool! I now regret feeling camera shy at the moment and doing a ninja maneuver behind you when I saw the camera, Gabe.

It was actually a sweet move; I had to rotate the guitar I was holding, while pivoting and sliding so as not to run into other people.

Glad to hear there are other freelance entertainer guitarists :) Hope to see you jamming this year, I'll be doing my own bit too if possible :)
COMPLETED COSPLAY LIST: Koga, Hige, Maes Hughes
This year: Hiccup and Toothless

Return to “2009 Memories”