How many people did you have in your room?

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fifth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

how many people were in your room?

1-2
18%
3-4
22%
5-6
34%
7-9
16%
10+
10%

Total votes: 68

Dylan G

Postby Dylan G » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:05 am

I slept on the floor in a room with three friends on Friday night, and then another friend joined us on Saturday night.

ketsueki_raven

Postby ketsueki_raven » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:29 am

Zodiac wrote:On the thought of roll-out beds, did anybody else get them? Have to pay?

We had 5 people in our room. We had a King and had requested a "free" roll-out bed when we booked the room.

My sister and my friend checked us out while me and my other sister loaded the car...AND WE WERE CHARGED FOR THE ROLL-OUT Y_Y I would've complained if I had been there personally, but by the time I was back in the hotel, the check-out line was huge. We later found a paper that said the roll-out beds would cost $25...but then why did the website say they were free? We would've done without if we knew we were gonna be charged ahead of time.

It left us with only $25 of our $50 deposit....the money that was supposed to transport our two cars back to Illinois.
http://ketsueki-raven.deviantart.com/
Constructing: Lelouch (Code Geass), Ryuichi (Gravitation)

Youmacon '09: Orochimaru (Naruto), Riku (Kingdom Hearts II)

Yogi-the-Ice-maker

Postby Yogi-the-Ice-maker » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:52 am

7 of us went there, but it ended up with 8 of us sleeping in the room.....
can anyone explain to me why a room thats supposed to be for four people only have one bed?....lol either way I ended up on the bed cus I was the one who kinda orginized us all going this year, so YAY ME!!!

NemesisKaiser
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Mobile Suit Gundam 0080

Postby NemesisKaiser » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:36 am

Our room had 5 in it. Either 4 or 5 people slept in it every night. 'Nuff said. xD

Kip
First Anime: Samurai Pizza Cats

Postby Kip » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:48 pm

What I wanted: no more than 4
What I got: 7 +1 visitor
Cosplays
'15:
TBD

Zrana
Live Programming Staff
First Anime: SciFi's "Japanimation" block/SailorMoon

Postby Zrana » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Kip wrote:What I wanted: no more than 4
What I got: 7 +1 visitor

Ouch.
Got Heartless?
*looks up at signature*
*cracks up*
Have I really not changed that since 2006?? XD

amam2217
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby amam2217 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:27 pm

ketsueki_raven wrote:
Zodiac wrote:On the thought of roll-out beds, did anybody else get them? Have to pay?

We had 5 people in our room. We had a King and had requested a "free" roll-out bed when we booked the room.

My sister and my friend checked us out while me and my other sister loaded the car...AND WE WERE CHARGED FOR THE ROLL-OUT Y_Y I would've complained if I had been there personally, but by the time I was back in the hotel, the check-out line was huge. We later found a paper that said the roll-out beds would cost $25...but then why did the website say they were free? We would've done without if we knew we were gonna be charged ahead of time.

It left us with only $25 of our $50 deposit....the money that was supposed to transport our two cars back to Illinois.
I luckily didn't have to go through this, but a lot of people seem to be complaining that they were charged for roll-out beds. The hotel should've at least notified this website that the roll-outs aren't free.

BigAll2k6

Postby BigAll2k6 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:44 pm

Well, there were like 6 or 7 of us, but only 4 of us would sleep in the room while everyone else would somehow muster the courage and strength to stay up all freaking weekend.
Dragonball is absolutely epic.

ketsueki_raven

Postby ketsueki_raven » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:47 pm

amam2217 wrote:
ketsueki_raven wrote:

I luckily didn't have to go through this, but a lot of people seem to be complaining that they were charged for roll-out beds. The hotel should've at least notified this website that the roll-outs aren't free.

The website I used to book the room was the Hyatt's own website. They had a box of complimentary items that included things like the sunday paper as well as the option for the roll-out bed ><
http://ketsueki-raven.deviantart.com/

Constructing: Lelouch (Code Geass), Ryuichi (Gravitation)

Youmacon '09: Orochimaru (Naruto), Riku (Kingdom Hearts II)

Soul Eat3R
First Anime: Happy Lesson

Postby Soul Eat3R » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:39 am

Avendasora wrote:I have enough trouble sleeping with even one other person in the room - so it's always just me and my girlfriend. ;)

Good move I get enough craziness at home so I went alone and had a king size bed all to myself and if I ever got lonely I just go to where all the action is and that's that. One thing I kind of regret though is not of sharing expenses with others, but for that extra person or two that needed a room to crash in for the night, i feel like i could have let them stay in my room, but then again my safety would be on the line with a person I just met and didn't plan anything out with them beforehand Especially the Gold Italian CrossnI wear. It's not that I show it off or anything, but it was a gift I got from my Nona that passed away last year and that means alot more to me than money, it's a part of me, you know?
Attending since 07...YESSIR!!

Mistresslexy

Re: How many people did you have in your room?

Postby Mistresslexy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:34 pm

5 people in my room that slept there ( what little we did sleep) but like 5 other met us at our room early every morning and hung out in it and used it to store there stuff and nap during down time.

CIAAPC
First Anime: YuGiOh/Tokyo Mew Mew

Postby CIAAPC » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 am

There were ten people in my room. It was amazing, for some reason I like having a lot of people.
Youma2012:
Princess Celestia [I will attempt this, because I didn't see any this year ;-;]
Hinaichigo from Rozen Maiden

Post-con depression is depressing.....

Soul Eat3R
First Anime: Happy Lesson

Postby Soul Eat3R » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:09 am

For the 3rd time this Year, I will have my room all to myself and 96 hours away from the insanity @ home..... FREEDOM :D
Attending since 07...YESSIR!!

ThatGuyAtTheCon

Postby ThatGuyAtTheCon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Soul Eat3R wrote:For the 3rd time this Year, I will have my room all to myself and 96 hours away from the insanity @ home..... FREEDOM :D

*Chuckle* Echo that! My gal and I are using this as a mini-vacation since I was too shalacked to take a real vacation this summer. I could not even get all of Thursday off because I was slated to do a post-mortem presentation for one of my projects that morning and nobody would move the date.

I am so insanely looking forward to the 'peace and quiet' that only a 96-hour con can bring.

-That Guy (Sean)

HurricaneTango

Postby HurricaneTango » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Youmacon '09 we had 3 people. Myself and two friends.

This year though... I think we're up to 9 people. >.>
Youmacon 2010 Cosplays -
Waldo from "Where's Waldo"
Takaya Abe from "Big Windup! Oofuri"
Hokage Naruto from "Naruto"
Pichu from "Pokemon"

Return to “2009 Memories”