Curious: How Many Saw the "Free Sex" Sign??

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fifth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

youjik33
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby youjik33 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:36 am

I've always been able to have at least as much fun (if not more) at cons where the signs are banned. Which is most of them, at this point.
Youmacon 2011 cosplay: Aveline Vallen (Dragon Age 2)

Panels:
Do You Dream In Anime? (Sunday, 12 noon, Panel 2)
Lost in Translation ( Sunday, 3 pm, Panel 4)

Zodiac

Postby Zodiac » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:16 am

What exactly about the signs is bothering everyone?

Chibi_NekoAlyson

Postby Chibi_NekoAlyson » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:22 am

youjik33 wrote:I've always been able to have at least as much fun (if not more) at cons where the signs are banned. Which is most of them, at this point.

Of course! Everyone has the same amount of fun with or without the signs, but it just adds in something else a little flair maybe? There isn't a problem with it. I don't understand people's problems with the signs. They haven't hurt anyone.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Youmacon, Ohayocon, Colossalcon. <3

Moogie

Postby Moogie » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Yeah I see no problem with signs. If they're friendly and they don't force themselves on you, I see absolutely no problem with them. I hate the people that run up to you and shove their sign in your face. But if you see them from afar and they don't approach you, then they sould be allowed. Most of them are a joke anyway. As was this one.

Dang some people really overreact xDD

Anyway~
Chiar. I love your sig ♥
Youmacon 09 Cosplays:
Ciel Phantomhive/Volume Six Cover :::completed:::
Jasdero/D.Gray-Man :::completed:::retired?:::
Ohayocon 10 Cosplays:
Ciel Phantomhive/Dress Cage Outfit :::5% completed::
Dokuro-chan/Bokusatsu-Tenshi... :::25% completed:::

Morbid Intentions

Postby Morbid Intentions » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Moogie wrote:
Dang some people really overreact xDD

overreaction to stupidity is the Morbid way

MAH BAD!

xD

Zodiac wrote:What exactly about the signs is bothering everyone?

to me (I can't speak for everyone else) it's not as much of a bother as it is an annoyance... one of those annoyances that play on your head

kind of like a riced out honda.... the kind with the body kit, bid carbon fiber hood, huge wing that creates a ton of downforce on the rear of your front wheel drive car... all packaged together with a 98 horsepower engine...

BRILLLIANT!

effecting me directly? not at all

annoying me? yessir!

why the annoyance? IMO it is the dumbest sh!t I have ever seen...

can I explain why? no, I can only share the annoyance and learn some people share my feelings while others don't

the "sign" thing is a deal based on opinion... while one person says it's not hurting anyone (which it isn't) it still won't change the fact it's annoying to some people... also keep in mind that in most cons signs are banned, this should give SOME account as to how it looks to most people

Zodiac

Postby Zodiac » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:26 pm

Morbid Intentions wrote: to me (I can't speak for everyone else) it's not as much of a bother as it is an annoyance... one of those annoyances that play on your head

kind of like a riced out honda.... the kind with the body kit, bid carbon fiber hood, huge wing that creates a ton of downforce on the rear of your front wheel drive car... all packaged together with a 98 horsepower engine...

BRILLLIANT!

effecting me directly? not at all

annoying me? yessir!

why the annoyance? IMO it is the dumbest sh!t I have ever seen...

can I explain why? no, I can only share the annoyance and learn some people share my feelings while others don't

the "sign" thing is a deal based on opinion... while one person says it's not hurting anyone (which it isn't) it still won't change the fact it's annoying to some people... also keep in mind that in most cons signs are banned, this should give SOME account as to how it looks to most people

Makes sense. Kind of like how disregard of finer aspects of video games, only to focus on the pure aesthetics and bishiiness of the characters, bothers me. Glad to see that someone is posting a rounded look on the topic. Also, the recognition of relativism makes me happy.

Chibi_NekoAlyson

Postby Chibi_NekoAlyson » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:26 am

That makes perfect sence. I have realized that at most conventions they are banned. For example, Ohayocon.

I don't really see the annoyance my self, but I guess several other people do. Although, people act on their own accord. If you don't like them or are annoyed by the signs, can't you just ignore them?

Last year I know a few of my friends and I were annoying the hell out of people by sitting on the stairs asking for highfives. We didn't mean to annoy them, we were simply having fun. Maybe some of you remember. It was hysterical, but you didn't have to give us highfives if you didn't want to. Of course, we know that we wouldn't do that again. xDD
~~~~~~~~~~~

Faerie
First Anime: Rurouni Kenshin

Postby Faerie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Chibi_NekoAlyson wrote:
I don't really see the annoyance my self, but I guess several other people do.

it cannot really be ignored because as long as it's allowed, it's part of the convention...maybe instead of allowing them to wander the convention...you could have a....free hugs room/area?

Chibi_NekoAlyson

Postby Chibi_NekoAlyson » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:52 pm

Faerie wrote:
Chibi_NekoAlyson wrote:
I don't really see the annoyance my self, but I guess several other people do.

it cannot really be ignored because as long as it's allowed, it's part of the convention...maybe instead of allowing them to wander the convention...you could have a....free hugs room/area?

A whole room for it? That sounds kind of dumb. I really think it shouldn't matter. The signs don't hurt people so people should just have the will to ignore it if they don't like them that much. Since Youmacon is one of the only conventions that allow the signs (Still), why ruin the fun?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Moogie

Postby Moogie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:43 pm

Well isn't this turning into battle of the signs??

A room? Heh. Could you imagine walking into a room packed full of con-goers with paper in their hands; them all staring at the door, smiling? And when you walk in they go "FREE HUGS!!!!"

I would imagine it would smell bad after a while too...quite honestly, that idea is horrifying. D:
Youmacon 09 Cosplays:

Ciel Phantomhive/Volume Six Cover :::completed:::

Jasdero/D.Gray-Man :::completed:::retired?:::

Ohayocon 10 Cosplays:

Ciel Phantomhive/Dress Cage Outfit :::5% completed::

Dokuro-chan/Bokusatsu-Tenshi... :::25% completed:::

TehNeko-chan

Postby TehNeko-chan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Um, no to the hug room please? Some people violate the soap rule, and that's just not something some of us want to stand by.

As for the hug signs, I think there should be a line drawn. If they say no, don't ask again. I'm one of the people who occasionally have signs, and all i have to say is I'll set it out in front of me, hug me if you want, or don't hug me. Why can't people just do that? -_- Maybe not f*** up con for the other people who have the signs? That'd be awesome.
[b][u]2011 cosplays:[/u][/b]
Reaper Cosplay - 100%
Female Nick Cosplay - 50%
Proxy - 100%
Raichu - 100%
Rave Cheshire Cat - 80%

Chibi_NekoAlyson

Postby Chibi_NekoAlyson » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 am

TehNeko-chan wrote:Um, no to the hug room please? Some people violate the soap rule, and that's just not something some of us want to stand by.

As for the hug signs, I think there should be a line drawn. If they say no, don't ask again. I'm one of the people who occasionally have signs, and all i have to say is I'll set it out in front of me, hug me if you want, or don't hug me. Why can't people just do that? -_- Maybe not f*** up con for the other people who have the signs? That'd be awesome.

Yes. Exactly. (:
~~~~~~~~~~~

Thecollector

REALLY

Postby Thecollector » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:30 pm

was she serious cause you know what they say about anime fans . . . cause i dont know.
THE GAME
They say that a persons strength is measured by their armory. My armory is huge.

chloeandthehawk

Postby chloeandthehawk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:11 pm

sage.
Friday: Donna Noble and Cheryl Tunt
Saturday: Arkham Asylum Poison Ivy
Sunday: Amy Pond

patrickbooya

Postby patrickbooya » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:23 pm

chloeandthehawk wrote:sage.

that doesn't work here :p
(don't take this seriously lol)

Return to “2009 Memories”