Awkward Moments

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fifth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

DynaBlade
First Anime: Hamtaro, Pokemon

Postby DynaBlade » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:14 pm

I think my most odd moment was when i tripped going up the stairs! ^^;I'm such a Klutz
Cosplay Plans:
Kraken (EarthBound) [Progress: 90%] [Needs some repairwork on tail]
Junpei (Zero Escape: 999) [Progress: 80%] [I need to make that freakin' watch...]

DC111

Postby DC111 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:15 pm

This was sort of a right-place-at-the-right-time moments for me to take out my camera and record. :D Unfortunately I can't get the vid up right now, but I probably will at some point.

I was on the elevator and decided to record the trip, just 'cause I could and because I thought the first floor would look cool from waaaay up there (I was on 9th floor). Somehow we ended up going to the 16th floor (yes it exists), and the elevator got really dark. (No, this isn't going where you think it's going, haha.) Then we went back down, then stopped at 12, then went back up, then stopped somewhere else again... and the L button was lit, so I was like, "Bring us back down, dammit," and sorta laughed. I pressed L again and we went back DOWN again, then one girl was like, "Hey, why'd you do that? We were trying to get to floor 14." So I asked, "Uh... why didn't you just press the 14 button then?" And she said, "Because you need a card or something. Sometimes you need to give the elevator a... a gift." I just sorta bit my lip and said, "Oh, okay, sorry."

Most random elevator ride ever, and I had no idea what the hell was going on. Still don't. :P

Then a staff member/volunteer that was letting people into the game room said to me, "I can't let you in," looking all serious. I fell for it and asked why, and he said, "Because you're just too cute" or something to that extent. I have no idea how the second quote even justifies the first... and I have no idea why he even thought I was cute under the circumstances: I was in a Sonic costume and my blue-dyed hair looked like a disgusting mess behind my head, and my shirt was so loose that it left EVERYTHING to the imagination...

But whatever.

Lei_nikos
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Lei_nikos » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:07 pm

maltaethiron wrote:
Lei_nikos wrote:I was walking up the stairs to get to the 2nd floor and I was keep on triping on my tunic and this guy just picked me up and help me in his shoulders and carried me to the 2nd floor and when he put me down he looked down at me (because I was kneeling on the ground) and said " I'll take care of you buddy "

yeah x____x i'm not into yaoi or anything but after that I blushed for a bit and all I could say was `T-thanks..'

gah....x____x;;;;;;;

Did anybody else just hear that? I think it was the squees (**** help me, I promised myself I'd never use that word) of a thousand yaoi fangirls.

-___-;;;; **** you yaoi fangirls....return to your host club!!
Cosplay for youmacon:
Li From Card Captor Sakura
----------
Xbox Live: The 0nly Fuzzy

Moochi-chan

Postby Moochi-chan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Probably the first person who asked to hug me when I got there... xD After the first random person hug though I was fine. I'm not used to random stranger hugs in the real world... o_o Which is another reason why I loveeedddd Youmacon!
Youmacon 2009: Amu Hinamori (Shugo Chara)

Youmacon 2010 planned cosplays: Yaya Yuiki (Shugo Chara), Akira Kogami (Lucky Star), and POSSIBLY Haruhi Suzumiya (TMOHS).

LaMuse

Postby LaMuse » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm

So I had two run ins that left me feeling rather awkward...

It was about 2-3 in the morning on Friday and we were getting back from the Travis Uncensored panel but my roommate left the key in the room. All our other roommates were sleeping so we were looking through our bags for the second and third time so we didn't have to wake them in case we just couldn't find the key. So, while we're going through stuff, this guy comes up and just stands there. I didn't notice him at first, and then he asked me if I knew him. I had met several people throughout the day so I thought he was one of those people. I told him that I didn't remember him and he asked me if I had cosplayed someone earlier. I didn't recognize the name, so I said no. So he asked me to stand up so he could see me better, so I did. Before I knew it, he was hugging me. Normally, I love hugs. When people ask me for them. But he /picked me up/. I'm not a small girl. It was awkward.

So, my friend is still going through her stuff while on the phone with her girlfriend and he asks her to stand up too. If our roles had been reversed, I would have told him no, seeing what happened before. But she's too nice, so she did. And he picked her up while hugging her too and then he /kissed her neck,/

He eventually left, but that was CREEPY.

The next night, I offered to run up to the room to get the room key that the SAME ROOMMATE (I love you, dear. You're just a bit forgetful XD) forgot. I saw the creepy guy walking toward me, but I pretended not to notice him so he would leave me alone, which usually works. But instead of leaving me alone, he walked right up behind me and whispered in my ear "I like you... you're so attractive." It was /SO CREEPY/. Luckily it wasn't late so my other roommate was able to let me in quickly, but ****. It was awkward and creepy. That 5th floor hallway was not a fun place for me to be.
Worry not, for I am awesome!

Youmacon '10 Cosplays:
D.Gray-Man - 3rd Uniform Lavi
D.Gray-Man - Anita
Princess Ai - Tess
Saiyuki - Gojyo
Soul Eater - Tsubaki

shadowravine

Postby shadowravine » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Most awkward moment is when my skit won the novice award in the masq i dressed in a pink dress and blond wig with lipstick (im a boy). then after receiving the award me and my friend were supposed to reenact the Taylor swift diss me bein Talyor of course. But my friend totally folded up and started sayin his line and walking off the stage before i even got the microphone. so here i am saying random crap in front of an audience that couldn't care less and my friend completely lost his balls to go thru with the joke.

never again will i dress like a girl, unless i have the right backup LOL
i luv cheese curlz!
-Cosplay-
Mugen - Samuria Champloo
Raphael - Soulcalibur 2
Sweeney Todd - the Demon barber
Shikimaru - Naruto
card from Alice in wonderland
Sokka - last air bender cartoon

ketsueki_raven

Postby ketsueki_raven » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:18 pm

My awkward moment came from being frisked when leaving the game room ONLY ONCE!! And I sincerely believe that my group was only frisked because my friend (a girl that is well gifted in the chest region) was leading our group as we left the game room. Y_Y
http://ketsueki-raven.deviantart.com/
Constructing: Lelouch (Code Geass), Ryuichi (Gravitation)

Youmacon '09: Orochimaru (Naruto), Riku (Kingdom Hearts II)

ThatGuy

Postby ThatGuy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:40 am

blkmagick wrote:Hahaha, this happened at the Charity Ball. My friend spun me around like a million times and then right after tried to dip me. We both ended up falling and sitting on the floor for about a minute laughing so hard. It was embarrassing, but hilarious nonetheless.

Haha, I saw that. I was hoping you wouldn't get sick from all that spinning!

Chibi Siren

Postby Chibi Siren » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Well this would have to be a rather awkward for me and my bf. (and I apologize if the person we did this to is reading. It really was an accident.)

Thursday night after getting the video rooms set up, I met up with my bf and we were going to IHOP with our friends. Since there was a big group, we all decided to go in separate cars. One group took off, so we decided to follow another. However, since our cars were parked in different parking lots, we were going to meet up with them under the structure at the hotel's entrance. They describe their car (blue with a gouge in the bumper on the drivers side), my bf describes his, then they tell us to wait till we see their car. It was a little dark and we pulled up and a car similar to what the other described pulls out (except it had like a scrape, but I wasn't exactly sure). So we follow the car thinking it's our friends. The car goes behind the hotel and around. It swerves a little and then speeds off, stops, and when we stop, it pulls around so it faces my bf's driver's side with it's lights on and parks. Then turns it's lights off. I call my friends and they go "You have the wrong car!"

oops :oops:

So sorry for accidentally stalking you if you're reading this!
DeviantArt: http://chibisiren.deviantart.com/
Possible 2012 cosplays:
Gwendolyn (Odin Sphere)

the real death note
First Anime: Sailor moon

Postby the real death note » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:46 pm

On sunday I was wondering around the AA and I put my hand in the air and my hand ran into someone else's hand at the same time so we were holding hands. It was a little awkward, we talkes for a moment and than he kissed my hand.
youmacon 2014
sailor mercury swag- 99% thur.
Dead!Dave- 100% sun.?
spritzee- 100% fir.,sat

Moriko Suzuki

Postby Moriko Suzuki » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:12 pm

Um I had a few... I may have caused some and I apologize for that.

Some guy I don't know requested a song for me to sing and I said I don't know taht song then he requested another. I shook my head "I don't know that one either..." He looked at his friend then back at me he requested another song. I looked ta him nervously "I-I don't know that one either." The songs he was naming were really odd and I never heard of them before. They must have been songs that you would only find on newgrounds or youtube..... I just found it a tad bit awkward

When I had old guys tell me how cute I was and stuff... THey had white beards and everything. They took my picture, but I was just a bit creeped out at the fact how "nice" they were being to me.

Yes I was one of the "free huggers" my sign said "Will sing for hugs". Anyways... Some hugging moments were awkward for me. I love hugs for sure, but when I have people obsessivlely hugging me I was just... scared. Some I didn't mind hugging me a lot. Some I did....
2013 Cosplays:
Asuna - Sword Art Online
Nyotalia America - Hetalia
Sasha Braus - Attack On Titan

djshire

Postby djshire » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Moriko Suzuki wrote:Some hugging moments were awkward for me. I love hugs for sure, but when I have people obsessivlely hugging me I was just... scared. Some I didn't mind hugging me a lot. Some I did....

Hope I wasn't one of them

Moriko Suzuki

Postby Moriko Suzuki » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:56 pm

djshire wrote:
Moriko Suzuki wrote:Some hugging moments were awkward for me. I love hugs for sure, but when I have people obsessivlely hugging me I was just... scared. Some I didn't mind hugging me a lot. Some I did....

Who were you? :P
2013 Cosplays:
Asuna - Sword Art Online

djshire

Postby djshire » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Moriko Suzuki wrote:
djshire wrote:

blonde wig, glasses, dressed 18th century style....and I'm 5 ft tall

Moriko Suzuki

Postby Moriko Suzuki » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:28 pm

djshire wrote:
Moriko Suzuki wrote:
djshire wrote:

blonde wig, glasses, dressed 18th century style....and I'm 5 ft tall

Ah yes! I remember you :3
You were not one of them.
I enjoyed your hugs<3
The ones I didn't like so much were the people I would try to avoid as much as possible, but somehow kept finding me.
*felt like she had a tracking device on*
2013 Cosplays:
Asuna - Sword Art Online

Return to “2009 Memories”