Awkward Moments

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fifth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

NekoPuppet

Postby NekoPuppet » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:11 pm

My most awkward moment was probably when I was going through this mini Free Hugs line on the second floor and the last guy in the line (who had a wicked black and red trench coat) hugged me and said: "I love you."
And I can't remember whether I said: "Okay." or "Yay."

xD

It was more funny than awkward, though. And I was sad that I didn't take his picture to keep the memory. xP
rayshabaka@hotmail.com

Youmacon 2009:
- Kankuro with Crow puppet (Fri. and Sat.)
-Girl with jeans and a ferret-like tail (Sat. and Sun.)

Youmacon 2008:
-Tifa from FF7

MissGyk
First Anime: Death Note and Higurashi

Postby MissGyk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:25 pm

Something tells me I created at least 1 akward moment. I was a failed L sucessor and I went around groveling and apologising to all the L's I saw because I failed. Some of them looked at me like "wth?" so, sorry if I confused anyone. Oh, but thanks to the L that played along and gave me a hug.
Youmacon 2014:
    Beatrice (Umineko)
    Remillia Scarlet (Touhou)
    Personal **** Tier - Prince of Time (Homestuck OC)

Renn

Postby Renn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:20 pm

I fell down in the stairs in a pair of my friends gothic lolita boots, which I've never tried to wear before.

I fell down hard.

Some guy was behind me and was like 'what the hell is wrong with this girl?'.

He didn't even try to help me up when I fell either. Just stared at me and turned away.
Working on Cosplays for AX12:
- [b]Gumi[/b] [i][me][/i] x [b]Miku[/b] [i][friend][/i] from Vocaloid - Matryoshka
- [b]Youji[/b] [i][me][/i] x [b]Natsuo[/b] [i][friend][/i] from Loveless.
- [b]Moro[/b] [i][me][/i] x [b]Maru[/b] [i][friend][/i] from XXXHolic.

Vespalady

BOUNDARIES DARNIT

Postby Vespalady » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:43 pm

I was cosplaying Shuichi Shindou (Shindou Shuichi for you sticklers) and sitting down. Just taking a break and minding my own business...when a girl dressed as L (I think?) came up to me and asked "hey shuichi can I stroke you?"

NO! NO, you can't stroke me! And then she proceeded to "just hug" but really stroke my face all creepy-like. (It would have been more appropriate—possible more creepy—if she were dressed like orochimaru...)

I don't know about everyone at Youmacon, but I have boundaries. You can glomp me, but please dear **** no pedo-like stroking.....

Some con-etiquette guys, hugs are usually okay but when people tell you to back off just listen.

RJSena

Postby RJSena » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:15 pm

Ah. Here's an awkward moment for you, and maybe I'm just not as social as I thought. As I was waiting in line for some random autograph session [Travis perhaps?] I hear from the left as if from no where, "hehehe.. I can see up your skirt."

Now mind you, i'm not -that- scantily clad. I swear! I mean, so the skirt was a little short, but not enough that if I sat down or walked about it was that easy to peer under. So quickly I jump to my senses and eye to the direction the voice came from.

I don't know who he/she was cosplaying. All I know was said person was sitting down with a grin that could make the grinch jealous. It was thanks to that from then on if i wore said outfit again; i put on shorts underneath.

Oh and here's more awkward. People who would get mere INCHES from my face just to shove "The game" into it.

People it began on the internet for a reason, lets keep it there.

The free hugs were also awkward to me.

What with everyone in a whole [i'd assume] slowly but surely getting over the H1N1 epidemic...

Why would I want to willingly increase my chances for what's left of the bug?

Just sayin'.
Youmacon 2009
Yukari Takeba [School Uniform] Persona 3 Friday
Shuichi Shindou from Gravitation on Saturday.
Yukari Takeba [School Uniform] Persona 3 Sunday

Sparkykura

Postby Sparkykura » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:17 pm

Yogi-the-Ice-maker wrote:thank you sparkykura!!! >_<;

Your welcome!
LOVE & PEACE!!!

Brigand

Postby Brigand » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:15 am

NekoPuppet wrote:I thought you were a LegoMan...and I was so excited....
Gosh, way to ruin my day. =P

Funny thing, i was the 101th person in line for sunday's autograph session. So they made me put on a 'End of the Line' Sign to warn people that they might not get their autographs. And every 5 minutes the staff person would go "Lego Man!" and i would have to stand up nice and high, while they explain to everyone that anyone behind me might not get their signatures.

Not complaining though. i loved seeing people's happy faces from their nostalgia of playing with legos :D

ketsueki_raven

Postby ketsueki_raven » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:22 am

Brigand wrote:
NekoPuppet wrote:I thought you were a LegoMan...and I was so excited....
Gosh, way to ruin my day. =P

Funny thing, i was the 101th person in line for sunday's autograph session. So they made me put on a 'End of the Line' Sign to warn people that they might not get their autographs. And every 5 minutes the staff person would go "Lego Man!" and i would have to stand up nice and high, while they explain to everyone that anyone behind me might not get their signatures.

Not complaining though. i loved seeing people's happy faces from their nostalgia of playing with legos :D

I was 99th in line (the Riku). You were awesome, line buddy! XD
http://ketsueki-raven.deviantart.com/
Constructing: Lelouch (Code Geass), Ryuichi (Gravitation)

Youmacon '09: Orochimaru (Naruto), Riku (Kingdom Hearts II)

Brigand

Postby Brigand » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:35 am

ketsueki_raven wrote:I was 99th in line (the Riku). You were awesome, line buddy! XD

Thanks! always great to have line buddies. got to stick together to ward off vicious line cutters :3

thereisnosanity
First Anime: hunter x hunter

Postby thereisnosanity » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:51 am

worst was when i got busted shouting free bird at the band. i couldnt sing it because no lyrics sheet. AND NOONE HAD A LYRICS SHEET FOR FREE BIRD ON THEM. i mean come on now. not one person
[b][i][u][color=#FFBF00]Shadowklan[/color][/u][/i][/b]

maltaethiron

Postby maltaethiron » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:32 pm

My only semi-awkward moment was on Saturday night. There was this blue oni sitting down in the 2nd floor elevator lobby telling a never ending story, so i stopped by to listen for a bit. I was standing by the up/down button column. I turned around to look at a where a strange noise behind me was coming from, when I got poked in the butt. I turned back around and there was this guy sitting there looking up at me (note, I'm a guy), and he shook his head frantically and pointed at the girl next to him. She looked up and smiled. I said "Thanks," in an awkward, funny sort of way. Here's a picture of her:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/ ... CN0285.jpg

Beware, she'll poke your butt. The whole thing was more funny than awkward, but I figured I'd post it here, haha.
Did somebody say weeaboo?

Youmacon 2010 Cosplay:
-Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

Lei_nikos
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Lei_nikos » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:24 pm

I was walking up the stairs to get to the 2nd floor and I was keep on triping on my tunic and this guy just picked me up and help me in his shoulders and carried me to the 2nd floor and when he put me down he looked down at me (because I was kneeling on the ground) and said " I'll take care of you buddy "

yeah x____x i'm not into yaoi or anything but after that I blushed for a bit and all I could say was `T-thanks..'

gah....x____x;;;;;;;
Cosplay for youmacon:
Li From Card Captor Sakura
----------
Xbox Live: The 0nly Fuzzy

Mario Mario

Postby Mario Mario » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Oooh so this was my first con and I had heard rumors about cons, being that many people were touchy feely. I didn't know if that was true, but upon going in, I found that indeed, many people liked to hug. It was a little strange to me at first, because I'm thinking, "WHOA. This guy just asked me for a hug! I don't know him. What do I do?" But then I didn't wanna be rude or mean by dismissing it, so I figured, "Hm. Mario as a person might hug people. Maybe it's ok if I hug them as the character and not as myself." And with that thinking in mind it got me through hugging. It's really not so awkward after a while. People are nice, and just friendly, sometimes too friendly, but overall I had a good experience.

As for the H1N1 virus....I took much care in wearing my gloves and not touching my face, and wiping my hands with antibacterial wipes on occassion. And I usually get sick very easily. My immune system is God-awful. But luckily with these tactics I managed to stay well for this season. HOO RAH!

maltaethiron

Postby maltaethiron » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Lei_nikos wrote:I was walking up the stairs to get to the 2nd floor and I was keep on triping on my tunic and this guy just picked me up and help me in his shoulders and carried me to the 2nd floor and when he put me down he looked down at me (because I was kneeling on the ground) and said " I'll take care of you buddy "

yeah x____x i'm not into yaoi or anything but after that I blushed for a bit and all I could say was `T-thanks..'

gah....x____x;;;;;;;

Did anybody else just hear that? I think it was the squees (**** help me, I promised myself I'd never use that word) of a thousand yaoi fangirls.
Did somebody say weeaboo?

Youmacon 2010 Cosplay:

-Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

ValenciaCrowe
Video Programming Staff

Postby ValenciaCrowe » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:03 pm

I was with a couple of friends of mine and I was in my Hooker! Blair and they were talking to a friend of mine to make sure to keep me safe because I was in a cosplay that required very little clothes and this drunk guy came up to me and asked for a hug. Of course I said no. >>
YoumaCon '10:
-Menardi [Golden Sun] 0%
-Bunnie Rabbot [Sonic SatAM] 0%
-Julie-Su [Knuckles the Echidna] 0%
-Belldandy [Ah! My Goddess] 0%
-Hooker! Blair [Soul Eater] 100%

Return to “2009 Memories”