Awkward Moments

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fifth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Postby djshire » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:05 pm

Moriko Suzuki wrote:Ah yes! I remember you :3
You were not one of them.
I enjoyed your hugs<3

Yay! :D

Postby Vinny » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:27 pm

I just remembered one. This guy about my age (20ish) was with us in the elevator and he had a blonde wig in his hand. He wouldn't stop bitching about "I asked my mom months ago to style this wig for me and blah blah blah shes so stupid." Everybody in the elevator was clearly annoyed by this. We couldn't wait for him to get off... Give me a break if your an adult and your cosplaying, don't rely on your mommy to do everything for you. Be a man and do it yourself, instead of back talking your mother. Theres tutorials online about how to style wigs... Just bugged me how he acted like his mom was his slave... =_=

Postby Sharkbait » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Most awkward moment for me was on Sunday in the Artists alley.
My friend and I were dressed as the Fujibayashi twins from Clannad and these two old (and yes, I mean white hair and all, kind of old) men were following us around, not taking their eyes off of us. This happened for 15 minutes before one of them finally just said "picture" and began taking photos of us without receiving an ok or anything. >.<
2013 Cosplay:
[Spice and Wolf] Horo
[Tales of Vesperia] Rita Mordio
[Gurren Lagann] Yoko Littner
[Hellsing] Seras Victoria

Postby Arashi-sempai » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:42 pm

My awkward moment was walking on stage for skit number ten. I was the first one up on stage, and my shoes were extremely big on me. The toe of my shoe caught the lip of one of the stairs, and I tripped onto the stage. The announcer thankfully attempted to catch me, but I popped right back up and said, "All good!"
2011 Youmacon Plan:
Vocaloid: Yowane Haku- Normal, Magnet, and (homemade) H_Type
OHSHC: Kyouya Ootori (skit)
2011 Jafax plan:
Vocaloid: Yowane Haku- Normal
Harvest Moon: Jack (HM: AWL)

First Anime: Yu Yu Hakusho

Postby xxbridg3tt3 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 pm

i think the most awkward moment for me was probably dancing with some choji at the rave. i saw him and his friends staring at me like... idk. it was just weird. but later, he came up and asked if i would dance with him. if i had known him, it would have been ok. i would have been all for it. but i think he wanted a little more than i was ok with so i just told him i drank too much water so i needed to sit down for a bit. he left. im sure hes a nice guy, and i would still talk to him, but i dont like to dance with strangers unless theyre strikingly hot. and they look like this:

cause sesshomaru is a sexy beast. and everyone knows that. >3<

First Anime: DBZ

Postby Twistedguitar » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:22 am

Eh...Awkward moment. I didn't have alot...WELL...Maybe a few..and all on Saturday too...WTF guys.

But anyways Me and my friends went to the Naruto Photoshoot and that's where the awkward started. I was dressed as Hidan (Now I had Sexy no jutsu'd it because I'm female and had a trouble with trying male last year) and had my(friend) Five-tail yokai, or Bijuu, following me. I meet up with my Kakuzu friend from last year (And I was SHY last year so I was more talkitive this year) But yea...We were talking while waiting and he starting talking about tentacles and I just kind felt awkward during that turn and then was fine. Then after we had went up for our Partner Photo's he asked why I hadn't taken MY cloak off..Since the two Kakuzus had taken theirs off and there was another Hidan there, but I didn't notice much action from him either...but yea that was awkward too.

Then there was Masquerade. Just when My friend (Dressed as Gohan) Decided to put chair back up on stage it was funny more than awkward but it was still...hintly awkward. Then after Masquerade, some girl asked me to Swear at her, which I did without problem I eman C'mon, I was kinda confused at why she asked this of me,besides being dressed as Hidan as I've already stated, so I was chatting with my friends about it. We thought no other Hidan would do so.
Youma '16 Cosplays:
Fate Series (Stay Night and Zero):
(Accompanied by my friend who'll be my lovely Artoria Pendragon)

First Anime: Gundam WING

Postby bankai_shinigami » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:17 pm

When one of the people I was rooming with decided to follow me and another person around. It was a little creepy and stalker-ish. Turns out that he actually pushed us closer together with his actions and we are dating now.

So the awkward moment turned into a good thing.
"Look Mr. Bubbles. It's an angel. I can see light coming from his belly. Oh wait. He's still breathing. But don't worry. He;ll be an angel soon."

"16th MS Team: Striving Towards A Better Battlefield."

Postby fantasytiger86 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:32 am

**** so many where to begin -_-

there was the random person pulling my tail who I turned and Hissed at literally HISSSSSSS
The people who were randomly petting me on the head all con @_@

I think my all time fail is the fact that I show up for my guest relations assignment
not knowing who I was getting. Then getting a group of people I knew nothing about so I went off the Info that Con ops had given me which was a small paragraph and a picture of four guys ( 1 I had to picked up the night before from the airport) o.k so I am seating them for the opening ceremony and this adorable girl and this other women were sitting in the front row so I totally oblivious ask them if "they could scoot over to make room for team four star" to which she replied "WE ARE TEAM FOURSTAR" to which the Four guys were like YA! and explained. I totally was not aware that there were two girls in the team T_T :oops: :oops: :oops: Soooo I apologized profusely but felt like a total retard for the remainder of the convention. However I tried to make it up by being extremely helpful and catering and in the end before we all parted ways she said to me "you were freaking awesome!" and gave me a hug. Soo it turned out pretty well

Second Fail and this is a WARNING to all con goers who are half asleep on that Sunday yup you know who you are. You come to con sharp as a tack and by Sunday your just a nub no tacks just the back of it.

So its sunday I was tired my voice was gone and i was hugging my new friend good bye. So he says in a joking manner "how about a kiss on the cheek" soo I turn to give him a kiss on the cheek right no harm? no fowl? sweet gesture. Ya...well he turns to and I end up kissing him -_- and I like pull away just in time for his friends to come out of the room and into the hall and stop and give us this O_O look -_-

so that conversation went from Awkward to Awkward Award of the Year
"uh ya..see you umm *cough* next year...*RUN*"
and then what made it worst is I had to pass by him in the hall way because I was sent to go do something. Well at least my face matched the red in my dress :oops: :oops:
06-09 Super Gopher!

Postby competitionbros » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:55 pm

I have a few stories

Friday afternoon I ask to take a picture for a girl how was dressed as one of my fav character, she looks at me like I just slapped her, she YELLS "NOOOOO" and runs away, I was so hurt I didn't ask for another pic all day

Friday night during the amv contest, I got into an argument with a guy who said that my amv sucked, we argued for a while then his amv comes up, I tell him "That should not have been in the finals" and I tell him all the thing that was wrong with it when all of a sudden he stands up and says "I don't need to listen to this" he cursed a few time throw some japanese snack at me, that was sticky and got caught in my hair and he walked away

Saturday night during the amv contest, a vid that I didn't mean to enter won best other, I tried to explain myself but I was told to come up and receive my award

Sunday morning I'm walking around taking pics, waiting for a panel to start when a girl asks me to take a pic , I'm am not cosplaying as anyone, I have on a black pair of pants, black shirt, and a black jacket, so I tell her " I'm not cosplaying" she says "I still want a picture of you" so she takes a few pics of me, giggles and runs away. a little later I'm playing Super Smash Bros by myself when the same girl, without saying a single word,picks up the controller and starts playing with me, I beat her, she giggles and says "you're mean" and runs away again

And one more thing, I'm walking up the stairs and somehow trip and fall flat on my face, this absolutely beautiful girl comes up and asks "are you OK" I looked up expecting her to be laughing but she looked very concerned, and I was so shocked that the only words that came out of my mouth was "uh.....yeah.....fell....face...." she says "good" helps me to my feet and runs off. My friend was watching {but did nothing to help} comes up and says" you.....fell.....face" all while laughing his head off. He still comes up to me and says "uh......yeah......fell....face"
I've been involved in two wars in my life, at Youma it'll be four.

Postby djshire » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:20 am

Oh, I remembered one....there was this guy, just standing around, and from his looks and how he was dressed, I thought he was cosplaying Edward Cullen from Twilight....I went over and asked if he was and he said "people keep asking me that, and no, I'm not". I felt really bad for the guy, because it seems like thanks to Twilight, he can't look a certain way at a con and not get that question.

Re: Awkward Moments

Postby Demacrux » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:24 pm

my awkward moment was walking around alone existentially quite lost among everyone..who were in groups and such..I recognized people..but I had to go to a lot of things by myself.

my really awkward moment was my first year..I went to the maid cafe..I was placed at a table where everyone else knew each other (it was a naruto had a shikamaru..he was weirdly cute..without the hair though..o.O) it was really awkward..I didn't say a word..I was jut eating my cake and trying some tea..(which I still can't drink really)
Youmacon 2014- Allison Reynolds (Basket Case) - Breakfast Club

Return to “2009 Memories”