Awkward Moments

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fifth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Sparky

Awkward Moments

Postby Sparky » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Anyone here just have an awkward moment at the con?

Pikajane

Postby Pikajane » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:31 pm

When I told someone "awesome sailor saturn cosplay!" and she said "it's sailor pluto..." but it was purple and there was no key/scythe for me to decipher!!! And her hair was short!!! Well the cosplay was really well put together with the sequins and such

oh and when I chugged that rocknrye at consuite and I spilled it all over myself in the middle of that room, that was kinda awkward

and when that guy kissed me on the cheek when I thought he was only going to hug me, it took me off guard and I did not know what to say

bludan

Postby bludan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:45 pm

When sumi came up to me after the rave and said she thought I was very attractive. I didn't really know what to say to that. Prolly didn't give the response she was looking for, but, oh well I guess.

Sub Zippo
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Speed Racer

Postby Sub Zippo » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:50 pm

I had one I don't even wanna go into at the Sera Myu panel... They were half-forcing audience members to get involved, and there weren't that many of us in the first place.. Lets just say I've never been good at pick-up lines.

Curse you, Jigsawgi! :oops:
Last edited by Sub Zippo on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Con pics on facebook http://www.facebook.com/nateyork82/photos_albums
Con videos on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/subzippo

amam2217
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby amam2217 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:52 pm

It was around 2 in the morning after the Travis Uncensored panel, and just me and this girl were in an elevator. She was telling me how she had been in love with Brad for 12 years, and I kinda didn't know what to say about it. I honestly just wanted to tell her to get a life...

shamrock2lilly
First Anime: Sailor moon/ Dragon Ball

Postby shamrock2lilly » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:53 pm

Had a guy at the Rave who apparently though I was some one else... not really sure... He said he had to dance with me because of my cosplay outfit... but I was not particularly dressed as any one. I was just wearing a black pirate type costume with long off white sleeves and a matching corset. I could not hear who he thought I was due to the loud music but it was really awkward. sorry if you are reading this and are like ... oops... but I was not who you thought I was. Other than that I am not an awkward person ... I do and say lots of awkward things on an everyday basis so it really does not phase me I guess. If I hit that kinda thing I just run with it.

Rain Normally

Postby Rain Normally » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:04 pm

While I was in the lobby, some girl (I... think?) walked up to me and stood VERY close to me, just staring at my goggles for a moment, before saying, "My dad made the lenses for those."

My response: "...Okay." I might have blinked, too.

She then looked down at my Core Drill, then picked it up and looked at silently for another moment. I -wanted- to tell her, "please don't pick that up without asking first if you can touch it", but I was kind of tense and afraid at that point that she might respond by pulling it off the cord and whipping it at me, or something like that.

I don't remember what she said then, but she proceeded to let the drill go and... uh, turn around and wander away, no compliments, no picture requests, or anything.

I... I didn't really know what to make of that.

I still don't.
You don't know how lovely you are.

Emo-Kitty

Postby Emo-Kitty » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Umm, probably being attacked by a 13 year old, she took my collar and never gave it back v.v; Oh and she gave me a kiss on the neck..which left a black lip print...that was awkward to walk around with
Sad Kitty Gives Free Hugs....Meow! =3

Cosplays:
Emo-Fox/Kitty
Sync The Temptest - Tales of the Abyss

Urahara_Taicho

Postby Urahara_Taicho » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:38 pm

When I was leaving a girl in the elevator told she liked my nipples and said she needed one of them. (I had left my Simon costume on so I wouldn't have to deal with packing it.) Normally I would have found this funny, but what made it awkward is that my mother was standing next to me at the time, helping me take down my luggage >_<
Youmacon 2010 Cosplays - tentative, order may change
Friday - Dr. Stein - Soul Eater, Garlock Simon - Gurren Lagann
Saturday - Greed - FMA, Jet - Avatar: The Last Airbender
Sunday - Sou Mizuhashi - After School Nightmare, Hunter- Left 4 Dead

mehgomeh
First Anime: My Neighbor Totoro

Postby mehgomeh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:46 pm

The free huggers always made me feel awkward...

I dunno, no offense, but the ambush hugging got really annoying.
2013 Plans:
AC:Brotherhood Novice//Marvel Valkyrie//Attack on Titan Sasha//Lady Deadpool

HikarioLove
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby HikarioLove » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:13 am

I was walking past a line for something. I think it was for the rave on Saturday. Well, this guy randomly comes up to me like "You look just like so and so from this anime" So totally forgot what character and what anime, but oh well. So I replied "I'm...not...I'm Lelouch >___>" But then again I had my jacket off at that time since I just got done doing para para and I was hot. He had asked for a hug then so I was like..."Uh...okay... -holds out arms-" I didn't want to deny him since he was so pumped that I looked like this character. But when he hugged me, he picked me up and started spinning in circles. Once he put me down I was just like "._____." And I walked away.

It was so fricken weird ._.
~Youmacon 2015 Cosplays~
Kaneki Ken (normal and "master") [Tokyo Ghoul]
Haise Sasaki [Tokyo Ghoul:re]
Eren Jaeger [Shingeki no Kyojin]
Allen Avadonia (Len Kagamine) [Evillious Chroncles]
Aoba Kuronuma [Durarara!!]

nasamuffin

Postby nasamuffin » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 am

When i was crossplaying, one girl gave me a hug and realized I had wrapped my ladies.... she then proceeded to ask what cup size I was normally, and when I told her she started to freak out and scream to the con about "SHE WENT DOWN FROM A C!!!! LOOK AT ALL SHE HAS!" whilst groping my antiboobs.

I was like "hon they are still there, just a little squished right now...." but i didn't say anything XD
Youmacon 2009!
"Twilight" Suzuka - Outlaw Star - 100%
Andre Roland Jean Gerard - Persona 3 FES - 100%
Amasuke Benio - Ouran High School Host Club - 100%
San - Princess Mononoke - 100%

foomin
First Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby foomin » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 am

i was watching the Spoony Bards from the 2nd floor, when a STAFF member or volunteer tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and she stared at me for a minute, then asked "What are those?" I looked down, and said "The bullets? They're PVC." She stared, said "OK," then pushed my head back by poking my forehead with her finger.

I couldn't believe she was a staff member/volunteer!
2015 lineup:
Naruko (Yowapeda) | Hinata (Haikyuu!) | Umaru (Himouto! Umaru-chan)
Nonon (KLK) | Maya Fey (Ace Attorney) | Female Student #? (Battle Royale)

CloudZack_AkuRoku

Postby CloudZack_AkuRoku » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:56 am

I hugged Ceiling Cat and she told me I smelled good. I didn't think it was awkward so much as kind of funny.

I just said thank you and we walked away from each other. :]
Youma '09 was a lot of fun. Can't wait 'till next year.

Cosplays for '10:
Friday: Tifa (Advent Children)
Saturday: Blair (Soul Eater)
Sunday: Either a Pokemon or Blair, again.

blkmagick

Postby blkmagick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:04 am

Hahaha, this happened at the Charity Ball. My friend spun me around like a million times and then right after tried to dip me. We both ended up falling and sitting on the floor for about a minute laughing so hard. It was embarrassing, but hilarious nonetheless.

Youmacon 2013 costumes:
Thursday: Fionna- Adventure Time
Friday: B.B. Hood - Darkstalkers
Saturday: Fire - Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Rave: Rave Megurine Luka
Sunday: Fionna

Return to “2009 Memories”