Mario Party Feedback

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fifth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Renn

Postby Renn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:33 pm

ashurii wrote:
i kno, rite? I was so pumped to be the mascot.... had my helm ready and everything. T_T;

You should try again next year. c: You'd be an awesome mascot.
Do you plan on going 2010?
Working on Cosplays for AX12:
- [b]Gumi[/b] [i][me][/i] x [b]Miku[/b] [i][friend][/i] from Vocaloid - Matryoshka
- [b]Youji[/b] [i][me][/i] x [b]Natsuo[/b] [i][friend][/i] from Loveless.
- [b]Moro[/b] [i][me][/i] x [b]Maru[/b] [i][friend][/i] from XXXHolic.

Super_Luigi

Postby Super_Luigi » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:40 pm

I loved the daytime Mario Party! I was dressed as Luigi and on Team Hentai. I got to participate in the Human Knot game and... the trash picking-up game (how evil!). Musical chairs was awesome! The Hard Gay made it twice as fun.

As for After Dark, I waited like an hour and a half to get in... then wound up only staying through three or four rounds 'cause I was dog tired. I was on Team Mecha that time. I wanted to stay through it all, but it was just so late, and I was falling in and out of sleep... Yeah, so hopefully, it's earlier next time!
⁂Cons⁂........................⁂Cosplays⁂
Japan Expo USA '13........Porygon-Z - Pokemon
Youmacon '13................Facebook

ashurii
Gaming Staff

Postby ashurii » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:51 pm

Renn wrote:
ashurii wrote:
i kno, rite? I was so pumped to be the mascot.... had my helm ready and everything. T_T;

You should try again next year. c: You'd be an awesome mascot.
Do you plan on going 2010?

if I'm still living in the area, probably!

McWeen

Postby McWeen » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:12 am

SoulCrash wrote:So yeah...... here's a suggestion

Can you give us a warning during Mario Party After Dark when you're about to show some.. REALLY! messed up video clip... you know which one I'm talking about... I know having me in my underwear is already proof that After Dark is really 18+... but showing "that clip" was like.. AHHHHHHHH!!! I wish you guys gave us a warning... but anyways.. I loled hardcore on EVERYONE'S reaction to it...

Well the fun of that was that there was no warning. You get no warning of a Rick Roll why would you get a warning of a Cup Roll :P

I can't believe how well our glorious host as well as other Mario Party Staff didn't let on they knew what was coming...cause I warned them.
Never forget 10-31-10: the day the wait for elevators took longer than a line at Disney World.
~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~
George W Bush: "I promise you that the terrorists will suffer like G did."

SaveTheQueen

Postby SaveTheQueen » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:37 am

I had to hide behind the table when I heard it come on, I was laughing so hard.

Actually, does anyone have a video of the audience reaction while the video was on? I'd love to have a "Crowd of 400 reacts to 2G1C" video.
Host of Live Action Mario Party!
Red Crayon Aristocrat

Chamelion
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Project A-Ko

Postby Chamelion » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:10 pm

SaveTheQueen wrote:I had to hide behind the table when I heard it come on, I was laughing so hard.

Actually, does anyone have a video of the audience reaction while the video was on? I'd love to have a "Crowd of 400 reacts to 2G1C" video.

I can't believe after all these years, it's not obvious that for big event programming I'm there with my camera documenting all of it :) Even, and especially MPAD :)

But on that note, I'll have to check... I may have been throwing up at the time to not get the full crowd reaction. *eye shift*

BTW; it took six months and therapy to get it out of my mind the first time I was forced to see that. You'll be getting the bill for my new therapy sessions next year :)

C
---------------------------------------
I am an astute observer of the glaringly obvious.

llany1

Postby llany1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:54 pm

I gotta say out of all the events, Mario Party AD is the best. I was team Mecha's captain and I pretty much was the only one that was screaming, up until a certain point. But yeah I loved it I didn't really care that it got pushed back Id wait all day for that event to start. Anyways a lot of us helped the staff set up the chairs (Chair wooo) after the rave started so we helped start it up faster. But anyways umm things that could make Mario Party better would be IDK i pretty much wanna say that I have no complaints about it (Time doesn't count because it was unforeseen forces that started it late its not like the staff was just being lazy) I would however say give us knee pads for next's years ping pong ball game (my knees are still burned from the carpet) lol at least I won. Anyways great jobs guys congrats on this years Mario Party AD.
Costume Plans
Youmacon 09
Thurs: Stitch 30%
Fri: Goku DBZ Finished
Sun Sora KH1 0%
Sat :Link Ocarina of Time 60%
Fri: Ash Ketchum Pokemon Finished

Chamelion
Platinum Attendee

Postby Chamelion » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 pm

llany1 wrote:I gotta say out of all the events, Mario Party AD is the best. I was team Mecha's captain and I pretty much was the only one that was screaming, up until a certain point. But yeah I loved it I didn't really care that it got pushed back Id wait all day for that event to start. Anyways a lot of us helped the staff set up the chairs (Chair wooo) after the rave started so we helped start it up faster. But anyways umm things that could make Mario Party better would be IDK i pretty much wanna say that I have no complaints about it (Time doesn't count because it was unforeseen forces that started it late its not like the staff was just being lazy) I would however say give us knee pads for next's years ping pong ball game (my knees are still burned from the carpet) lol at least I won. Anyways great jobs guys congrats on this years Mario Party AD.

Oh, that was YOU that put your ball between my legs at the end?

Yes, that sounds horrid, but seeing as I was filming you four coming right at me, I guess I deserved it.

lol

C

llany1

Postby llany1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:12 pm

lol sorry u shouldnt have been standing there lol jk nah the thing is I was even surprised about how hard I hit the ball the last time lol I didnt know I had that kind of power in me or on me lol n e ways are u gonna post those vids on youtube id love to see them.
Costume Plans

Youmacon 09

Sun Sora KH1 0%

Sparky

Postby Sparky » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:30 pm

McWeen wrote:
SoulCrash wrote:So yeah...... here's a suggestion

Can you give us a warning during Mario Party After Dark when you're about to show some.. REALLY! messed up video clip... you know which one I'm talking about... I know having me in my underwear is already proof that After Dark is really 18+... but showing "that clip" was like.. AHHHHHHHH!!! I wish you guys gave us a warning... but anyways.. I loled hardcore on EVERYONE'S reaction to it...

Well the fun of that was that there was no warning. You get no warning of a Rick Roll why would you get a warning of a Cup Roll :P

I can't believe how well our glorious host as well as other Mario Party Staff didn't let on they knew what was coming...cause I warned them.
OH ****! They showed THAT?! XD I can't get into After Dark, due to my age. However, I'll be there 2011!

llany1

Postby llany1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Yay to the 2G1C vid clip that woke everyone up lol Props to you guys. No dont warn people when someone is about to do something or show something I think itll take away from the whole AD theme lol. BTW I almost barfed during that clip but it woke everyone up lol I loved seeing alot of the reactions from other people I LOVE MARIO PARTY AFTER DARK.
Costume Plans

Youmacon 09

Sun Sora KH1 0%

Chamelion
Platinum Attendee

Postby Chamelion » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:21 pm

llany1 wrote:lol sorry u shouldnt have been standing there lol jk nah the thing is I was even surprised about how hard I hit the ball the last time lol I didnt know I had that kind of power in me or on me lol n e ways are u gonna post those vids on youtube id love to see them.

I don't post on Youtube often, the fact is im extremely lazy. I am willing, once I convert them to DVD, to send them out to a few people for the cost of shipping.

C

Doom Senshi

Postby Doom Senshi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Chamelion wrote:I don't post on Youtube often, the fact is im extremely lazy. I am willing, once I convert them to DVD, to send them out to a few people for the cost of shipping.

C

I might be interested. I'm looking for footage of the musical chairs part of MPAD.

DC111

Re: Mario Party Feedback

Postby DC111 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:15 pm

You know, I have to ask...

Last year I was 17 and went to the normal LAMP. There was one game where people had to put a dozen clothes pins on their face. At the end of that game... "We can't let you keep 'em, we need those later for After Dark." Ever since then I've kinda been wondering, was he kidding, or do those play a role in one of the after dark mini games? :O

SamuraiKH2

Re: Mario Party Feedback

Postby SamuraiKH2 » Sat May 29, 2010 5:44 am

After dark was so fun, i Remember the very last game was musical chairs, i was the Jiraiya that won that btw XD me vs the scout, sometimes it pays to have a big butt lol

Return to “2009 Memories”