Mario Party Feedback

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fifth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

SaveTheQueen

Mario Party Feedback

Postby SaveTheQueen » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:36 am

This thread is for feedback on both Mario Parties.

Day Time: I really had fun for this, and I laughed so much I started losing my voice on stage. Great crowd turnout, and great enthusiasm!

After Dark: First, I'll address the time issue. We were originally scheduled at like 11pm, but there were some issues with other events. We agreed to be pushed back a few hours.

Then, the masquerade and the dance were late, so After Dark got pushed back even more.
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who stuck around for After Dark! It was very hard for us to stay up that late, and the crowd is what makes it worth it.
I tend to razz the teams a lot to get some crowd reactions, so don't take anything I say personally. It is and adult event afterall :) . I love everyone :roll:

People started to leave in the middle, but let's face it, it was 4am.

______
FOR NEXT YEAR
We have a few options...
a) Put After Dark on Friday around 11pm or midnight or so
b) Since we have more space, Put After Dark on Saturday around midnight (it will be staggered with the dance. So you can go to the dance for 2 hours or so, and then go to Mario Party, then go back to the dance.)

I'm leaning more toward option B, since a lot more people are at the convention on Saturday night. Either way, we're going to try to have After Dark much earlier.
Host of Live Action Mario Party!
Red Crayon Aristocrat

Chamelion
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Project A-Ko

Re: Mario Party Feedback

Postby Chamelion » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:00 pm

SaveTheQueen wrote:This thread is for feedback on both Mario Parties.

Day Time: I really had fun for this, and I laughed so much I started losing my voice on stage. Great crowd turnout, and great enthusiasm!

After Dark: First, I'll address the time issue. We were originally scheduled at like 11pm, but there were some issues with other events. We agreed to be pushed back a few hours.

Then, the masquerade and the dance were late, so After Dark got pushed back even more.
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who stuck around for After Dark! It was very hard for us to stay up that late, and the crowd is what makes it worth it.
I tend to razz the teams a lot to get some crowd reactions, so don't take anything I say personally. It is and adult event afterall :) . I love everyone :roll:

People started to leave in the middle, but let's face it, it was 4am.

______
FOR NEXT YEAR
We have a few options...
a) Put After Dark on Friday around 11pm or midnight or so
b) Since we have more space, Put After Dark on Saturday around midnight (it will be staggered with the dance. So you can go to the dance for 2 hours or so, and then go to Mario Party, then go back to the dance.)

I'm leaning more toward option B, since a lot more people are at the convention on Saturday night. Either way, we're going to try to have After Dark much earlier.

If they can be in different rooms, then I'd be all for it remaining on Saturday. However, if it gets moved to Friday, all the better because there seems to be a lot less 'live programming' Friday night then Saturday. Granted, as you said, many people are there Sat and not Fri, but I feel the two events, either staggered or back to back, exhaust people who need to be up, packed and out of their rooms sunday morning; forcing them to miss out on some very good Sunday events.

C
---------------------------------------
I am an astute observer of the glaringly obvious.

SaveTheQueen

Postby SaveTheQueen » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Yeah, if it is on Saturday, it would be in a different room from the dance. The Ren-Cen has 2 seperate HUGE ballrooms, so it has the capacity for the two large events simultaneously.

Red Crayon Aristocrat

Chamelion
Platinum Attendee

Postby Chamelion » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Awesome, tho again I wouldn't mind the two events staggered a bit too... Mario Party AD could be at 11pm-1am, and then the dance 12-2, but with DST, they would actually get 3 hours... so people could attend both, get 2 hours for each and STILL be back in their rooms by 3am...

That way, if you have the Masquerade from 7-10pm in the same room as MPAD, then you have an hour to move chairs around and set things up.

Just my two cents.

Also, as one of the volunteers who helped arrange the chairs, I had a great time with that; helping to move things along and such.

C

McWeen

Postby McWeen » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:01 am

I have feedback as the scoreboard guy.

To explain what happened with the board during the daytime. I had asked what the projector resolutions would be a few months ago so I knew what to set my art assets at. The program I use to code my scoreboard doesn't scale very well so I need to know from the start what I am setting it at.

Well when I plugged in on Saturday they told me they could not change the screen resolution. So in a frantic 45 minutes I had to strip out all of my pictures and re-size what I could to make the board at least functional for scoring purposes. Sorry the daytime had to miss out on some of the funny stuff, but at least I was still able to keep score.

The after dark board I spent a couple hours during the day after daytime to fix which is why it got the pictures back but they were sized strangely compared to the other stuff on the screen.

Anyway, I don't know how much anyone will care but I thought I would clarify what happened.
Never forget 10-31-10: the day the wait for elevators took longer than a line at Disney World.
~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~
George W Bush: "I promise you that the terrorists will suffer like G did."

Soloscythe
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Soloscythe » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:13 pm

My boyfriend and I even went back to our room to rest up so we'd be able to stay up that late for the MP-after dark but then it kept getting pushed back and didn't end up going =(
does anyone have any pictures from it so we could have a looksy?

blkmagick

Postby blkmagick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:41 pm

I loved after dark. My friend and I were on Team Hentai and we were cheering until the end even though we were dead tired. It was my first time going to Mario Party After Dark and I will definitely keep returning.

I like option b and having them staggered.

Youmacon 2013 costumes:
Thursday: Fionna- Adventure Time
Friday: B.B. Hood - Darkstalkers
Saturday: Fire - Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Rave: Rave Megurine Luka
Sunday: Fionna

SoulCrash
Operations Staff

Postby SoulCrash » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:08 pm

So yeah...... here's a suggestion

Can you give us a warning during Mario Party After Dark when you're about to show some.. REALLY! messed up video clip... you know which one I'm talking about... I know having me in my underwear is already proof that After Dark is really 18+... but showing "that clip" was like.. AHHHHHHHH!!! I wish you guys gave us a warning... but anyways.. I loled hardcore on EVERYONE'S reaction to it...
R. Ladao, age 25, ACen xRunner Driver & Owner.

ximplosionx
Name Not Final

Postby ximplosionx » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:10 pm

I kinda wanna know what it was now...

Renn

Postby Renn » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:13 pm

I really enjoyed Mario Party AD. Although some people were grouchy in line, it was obvious that the event had been pushed, and that was why it was late. I actually had a good time standing in line. Was anyone else apart of the "chorus group", where we all started singing Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody?
It was really late though, so I'm glad the time will be better next year. I vote with B, doing it Saturday.

I stayed for most of it. Team Mecha. We talked a lot of trash, but we were having fun. Wish our team mascot had been the hot Transformer girl, but what can you do? The host was fun and amusing, and egged out team on a bit which got us all into spirit.

Oh, 2-G-1-C. You know what I'm talking about. They just had to go there, didn't they? It was funny and shocking, but totally unexpected.
Working on Cosplays for AX12:
- [b]Gumi[/b] [i][me][/i] x [b]Miku[/b] [i][friend][/i] from Vocaloid - Matryoshka
- [b]Youji[/b] [i][me][/i] x [b]Natsuo[/b] [i][friend][/i] from Loveless.
- [b]Moro[/b] [i][me][/i] x [b]Maru[/b] [i][friend][/i] from XXXHolic.

ashurii
Gaming Staff

Postby ashurii » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Renn wrote:Wish our team mascot had been the hot Transformer girl, but what can you do?

i kno, rite? I was so pumped to be the mascot.... had my helm ready and everything. T_T;

SaveTheQueen

Postby SaveTheQueen » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Renn wrote:I stayed for most of it. Team Mecha. We talked a lot of trash, but we were having fun. Wish our team mascot had been the hot Transformer girl, but what can you do? The host was fun and amusing, and egged out team on a bit which got us all into spirit.

Haha, Team Mecha was so quiet for like half the game. Then you guys got more into it, and I started picking on Magical Girl.

Red Crayon Aristocrat

Chamelion
Platinum Attendee

Postby Chamelion » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:46 pm

I swear I heard Magical girl SNORING at some point.

Even when you picked on them, they were like... zzzz.. WHAT?

Hentai, however, was rowdy and ready all night long!

Ya know, the problem with filming it is not getting to be a part of it...but to be honest; there's not ONE game in there I'd be willing to embarrass myself for. :)

Too much fun seeing everyone else turn red.

C

bayliin

Postby bayliin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:15 am

xDD Mario Party AD = The best part of the con for me~
I was on team mecha <3 I also participated in the game that required 10 people each team, though I woulda liked to have done the lipstick thing instead ;-;
It was so great and I stayed till the end x3

ps- My throat was so sore from yelling so much xD could barly talk during my classes monday
I'm the type of person that would eat your face and blame it on the person that isn't there =D
Get the Fawk over it D<

Wolf Master
Live Programming Staff
First Anime: Transformers G1

Postby Wolf Master » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:40 am

AD is always the best. I heard about the RollCup only an hour before we started....I loved it. Also one of the best lines of the night… “Nathan Explosion does not skip.”
I hope everyone like my new version of Mario. The shock value was priceless. At least one person said they’ll be having nightmares about that now. I’ll definitely be doing it again but more for next year….more leather and more wrong. Maybe I’ll add a utility belt with….
The Mario - L.A.M.P.

Return to “2009 Memories”