Official Youmacon 2009 Feedback Thread

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fifth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

ValenciaCrowe
Video Programming Staff

Postby ValenciaCrowe » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Soul Eat3R wrote:This year can all the photoshooting please be done inside. For the last 2 years we've lost cosplayers for our Soul Eater shoot because we were sent outside, not to mention the wind kinda screwed up a few peoples costumes as well, can we please have a soul eater photoshoot or all photoshoots inside this time PLzzzzzz

The photoshoot was supposed to be inside, but another shoot was still going on. And all the photoshoots were inside, except for a couple. I think those were requested to be outside.
YoumaCon '10:
-Menardi [Golden Sun] 0%
-Bunnie Rabbot [Sonic SatAM] 0%
-Julie-Su [Knuckles the Echidna] 0%
-Belldandy [Ah! My Goddess] 0%
-Hooker! Blair [Soul Eater] 100%

Soul Eat3R
First Anime: Happy Lesson

Postby Soul Eat3R » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:06 am

ValenciaCrowe wrote:
Soul Eat3R wrote:This year can all the photoshooting please be done inside. For the last 2 years we've lost cosplayers for our Soul Eater shoot because we were sent outside, not to mention the wind kinda screwed up a few peoples costumes as well, can we please have a soul eater photoshoot or all photoshoots inside this time PLzzzzzz

The photoshoot was supposed to be inside, but another shoot was still going on. And all the photoshoots were inside, except for a couple. I think those were requested to be outside.

What happen is the Frickin Nintendo shooting should have been in one of the ball rooms and that way there would have been no problems with the Soul Eater Phtotshoot. FCOL (For Crying Out Loud) the aspect ratio for every soul eater to nintendo player was almost a 1:4 ratio. Bad planning there on photogatherings.
Attending since 07...YESSIR!!

TehNeko-chan

Postby TehNeko-chan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:40 am

ValenciaCrowe wrote:

Was the Resident Evil photoshoot requested outside? Because if it was, i will be one very angry photographer -_-
[b][u]2011 cosplays:[/u][/b]
Reaper Cosplay - 100%
Female Nick Cosplay - 50%
Proxy - 100%
Raichu - 100%
Rave Cheshire Cat - 80%

Sub Zippo
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Speed Racer

Postby Sub Zippo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:23 am

Good:
Everything save for the below. I loved it and had a great time.

Bad:
Events starting VERY late.
Insane long waits for the Maid Café.. Some kind of time-signup would be a good way around this.
The Chair.
The hotel gift shop running out of AA batteries, not that that's anyone's fault.
Con suite running out of food. A petty gripe, but disappointing all the same. Oh well, at least Faygo is cheaper than water.
Elevators.......
Not being able to find the picture of myself I wanted from the Sailor Moon photo shoot. >_________<
Con pics on facebook http://www.facebook.com/nateyork82/photos_albums
Con videos on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/subzippo

AnimeLover
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew

Postby AnimeLover » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Good: everything :D

well~as for the bad:
it took SO long to wait for an elavator that I was almost was late for a panel and have to wake up early in the moring just to get down the 1st or 2nd level so I won't be in there too long :roll: :?

Hoshi
Guest Relations Staff

Postby Hoshi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Regarding Photoshoots

We put the most popular ones in the schedule simply to help facilitate you guys. Really, you all should be scheduling your own meetups for photoshoots. These boards are a really handy tool for that... :lol:

VessaSushi
Dealers ADH

Postby VessaSushi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:35 pm

I'd like to thank anyone and everyone who came out to Nerds of the Night. I had a blast talking about so much old school games, series, cartoons, and events of past years. You were all a blast!

On a slightly sour note, the Horror photoshoot sucked. We stood around for about 10 minutes, wondering what was going on, before leaving the hot sweaty pool area. Cthulhu felt bad for the cool red and blue ogre guys who were there. They rocked, but so sad that no photos came of it (or did it? I didn't stick around after about 10 minutes of nothing). The Left 4 Dead group there was kinda neat though :P

I enjoyed the spread of new merchandise available from Youmacon. People I got the beanies for (the winter hats) loved them. One person got a towel, and thought it was really cute ^^

Overall, I enjoyed the convention. Elevators weren't so bad this year (but I think we need volunteers on them to keep them moving, or something), and the running around the hallways at 3-4am wasn't so horrendous (or was it?).

Looking forward to seeing how it all goes down at the Ren Center next year :)
Plushthulhu at Youmacon2009 was a success. Let's see what crazy warm mascot cosplay I come up with next!

TehNeko-chan

Postby TehNeko-chan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:49 pm

VessaSushi wrote:and the running around the hallways at 3-4am wasn't so horrendous (or was it?)

6th floor, 4:30 AM, Saturday morning, drunken idiots. All I gotta say XD
[b][u]2011 cosplays:[/u][/b]
Reaper Cosplay - 100%
Female Nick Cosplay - 50%
Proxy - 100%
Raichu - 100%
Rave Cheshire Cat - 80%

Soul Eat3R
First Anime: Happy Lesson

Postby Soul Eat3R » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:21 pm

scrapps wrote:
Chamelion wrote:
I mentioned this earlier; but I would not be against the autograph sessions being removed from the Platinum perks, or to have two sets of autograph sessions for each guest... one with a platinum line first, and one 'first come, first serve'.

The one issue I can see with this is that guests are already doing 2 hours of autographs that weekend. While it may not seem like a lot to some attendees, when you add that to all the other events that guests do, adding two more hours may just not be feesible. As it is, many guests are busy and sometimes have a hard time finding time to eat.

Chamelion wrote:Maid Cafe: If the guests agree to stay two hours, make hour 1 strictly for Platinum only, not even the $10 ticket. Hour two, accept the $10 tickets to meet the guests, dine with them. Hour three is free, but no promises to meet a guest.

Just thoughts :)

C

Again, this is mostly a timing issue. Maid cafe is usually around dinner time and some guest have other events that night.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions! It's great when everyone tries to help and even if your suggestion isn't taken exactly, it may help someone come up with something that can work. Hopefully, the platinum badge situation can be worked into something that more people like

EDIT: Idea, since one of the issues with the maid cafe is that staff has no idea how many of the platinums will pick the cafe, what if platinums picked before the con? That way staff might be able to better judge how many tickets to sell for the first hour. Though it might be difficult for reg staff.

Yeah do NOT PLEASE remove the Platnium Perk for Autographs and Video game tournaments, I don't know what really goes on at the mid-cafe, but the autographs, and the platnium bags are a must, besides I think i'll be going Platnium this year since there were over 6 thousand present, but on the flip side the Platniums shouldn't be "Hogging" all the time with the guest either. I'm there for my anime stuff to get sign talk briefly to them and go, not take pictures, get hugs, etc. :D
Attending since 07...YESSIR!!

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Soul Eat3R wrote:on the flip side the Platniums shouldn't be "Hogging" all the time with the guest either. I'm there for my anime stuff to get sign talk briefly to them and go, not take pictures, get hugs, etc. :D

I agree completely. At one of the signings, the guest I was waiting for ended pretty late. There was only 10 or so platinum people in line and they took forever. :( So not only was time short because of the late arrival, but we had to wait extra long because of them. I'm not mad that they were first, they paid a lot extra to get those perks, but please be aware that there are many many other attendees that want to get their turn. :?

Otaku-Chan
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Otaku-Chan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:32 am

The good-
-Chair
-The people were really nice
-The location was beautiful

The bad-
-It was really crowded
-The dealers room was waaaay too small
-Some of the staff weren't all that nice

Candid Friend

Re: Official Youmacon 2009 Feedback Thread

Postby Candid Friend » Fri May 21, 2010 7:49 pm

(I'm about six months late with this)

BUT!

Did any other girls have to lift up skirts to get into the Gaming room?
It's not like I wasn't wearing anything underneath (I had a petticoat) but it's just a bit unnerving to have a guy ask a 16-year-old-girl to lift up her skirt :/
Yeah, they were paranoid about theft and everything, but it was still uncomfortable.
Youmacon '12:
Thuggish Splicer [Bioshock] 80%
Dipper Pines [Gravity Falls] 30%

Other Cosplays:
Ness [EarthBound]
A Russian [Russia]

Return to “2009 Memories”