Biggest Regrets?

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fourth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

thelifeofabinder

Postby thelifeofabinder » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:26 pm

not getting to the Ouran photoshoot fast enough. I missed it completely because I forgot all about it!! I thought it was later, so I didn't get to take any awesome pictures. :(

but other than that -- IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! It was my first con and I loved it to bits and pieces. :3
Youmacon '08 ~
- Kingdom HeartsII: Roxas
- Advent Children: Yuffie
Youmacon '10 ~
- Kagamine Rin (my Len is coming, too! X3)
- TBD!

Master_Vivi

Postby Master_Vivi » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:27 pm

My only "regret" was not getting new friends contact info. Oh why didn't I just carry my Death Note with me to gain information! X_X
What is Live Action MMO (LAMMO)? Join the Facebook group and keep updated on what we're doing!
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=93583348032">Live Action MMO!</a>

Toboe5

Postby Toboe5 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:48 pm

I regret not asking the .hack cosplayers for contact info. But if any of you see this, next year we are going to have a Kite(not chibi) and maybe another Haseo, if I can get either of the jobs I've applied for *crosses fingers*
I also regret not getting hugs from all the .hackers, I only got one from the Haseo on Friday.

1UndecidedAngel7

Postby 1UndecidedAngel7 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Yes, I can definitely relate to not being able to muster up enough courage to talk to people :oops: . This was also my first convention, and I wish I were more talkative, everyone was so friendly, always smiling. I eventually opened up a little thankfully. I was so depressed when I had to leave...But I'll definitely be going to Youmacon 2009!
Miss Maria <3

1UndecidedAngel7

Postby 1UndecidedAngel7 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:22 pm

Yes, I can definitely relate to not being able to muster up enough courage to talk to people :oops: . This was also my first convention, and I wish I were more talkative, everyone was so friendly, always smiling. I eventually opened up a little thankfully. I was so depressed when I had to leave...But I'll definitely be going to Youmacon 2009!
Miss Maria <3

1UndecidedAngel7

Postby 1UndecidedAngel7 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:22 pm

Miss Maria <3

Chamelion
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Project A-Ko

Postby Chamelion » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:40 pm

Heh, Not so much a regret since it could not be helped, but not having a 'date' for Youmacon.

All my female friends who enjoy anime/manga live out of state.

(shrug)

C
---------------------------------------
I am an astute observer of the glaringly obvious.
---------------------------------------

Kyo

Postby Kyo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:15 pm

my only regret was being a bit shy and not getting to go t the Jrock photosoot since i had to be at the masqurade
Youmacon 09
Momiji-- Saturday Morning
Schrondienger--Thursday, Friday, Saturday afternoon
Rave stuff---Saturday Rave, Sunday

Nami_Kage

Postby Nami_Kage » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:33 pm

I totally regret not buying a customized con bagde from one of the artist alley tables!!!! I wanted one so bad but didnt get the change to. The girl who made them had some mad drawing skills. lol
Cosplays:
Sakura Haruno (Shippuuden, Naruto) -- 100%
Maka (Soul Eater) -- 100%
C2 (Code Geass) -- 20%
Rainbow-BakaProductions=Craziness XD

Yukinari
Media Staff
First Anime: Macross

Postby Yukinari » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:38 pm

well hmm lets see...there were these 2 girls that were cosplaying bleach characters one was youdoichei (how ever you spell it) they were both really hot!! and i never once talked to them big mistake...

another was not doing a skit my party decided to do one next year

not going out side infront of the hotel more for photos and not getting very many photos of myself

going to a con sooner...because ****! youmacon was fun...why the hell didnt anyone ever tell me that cons were that **** fun!?
Few of my best Youmacon 2011 photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/messier_code_bk-201/

AyaYuna

Postby AyaYuna » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:55 am

Not being able to go D:<
http://5iveyards.deviantart.com/
Youmacon plans-
Blossom- PPG
Koto- Yu yu Hakusho

the real death note
First Anime: Sailor moon

Postby the real death note » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:59 am

Mine is not going to the to be a master panel, I relay wanted to go but the bleach was at that time than after that I had to go to my room to change cosplay and go to the pokemon fotoshoot.
youmacon 2014
sailor mercury swag- 99% thur.
Dead!Dave- 100% sun.?
spritzee- 100% fir.,sat

Toboe5

Postby Toboe5 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:26 am

Kyo wrote:my only regret was being a bit shy and not getting to go t the Jrock photosoot since i had to be at the masqurade

I have some pics if you would like any.

Akino

Postby Akino » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:27 am

Zodiac wrote:
theaccidentalmimo wrote:I regret not having another camera, because I used up all my pictures in my 2 disposables on Sat. I have to figure out how to get my PPP pics off my phone. I also regret waiting to get a hotel, and not bringing my own food.

And don't get me started on the mapquest directions to get here.

Other than that, I loved con, had a great time. See you all at JFAX

OMG, the map quest directions were killer. Getting back by trying to read it backwards is a bigger pain. Would have taken forever if my gf's dad didn't know directions so well.

NAHH FORREAL me and my group got lost in Detroit for idk, two hours with those map quest directions! It's kind of funny we weren't the only ones who had a similar problem.

We had to rely on my friend's dad TOO!!!! XDDDD

The_Original_UberCuber
First Anime: Dragon Ball Z

Postby The_Original_UberCuber » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:32 pm

I do kinda regret not going to the rave, the Carameldansen, and buying my lunch there, the food was WAY too expensive. I mean, come on! $5 for a roast beef sandvich?! I do kinda regret not coming for more than one day, because I had an awesome time. Definitely going to get a room next year. I do also think that I could have done a better job on my costume (though, it was pretty good for something last minute)
In Soviet Russia, signature reads YOU!

2012 Plans:
Deadpool (with or without Hawaiian shirt)
Naked Snake (with or without Skull facepaint)
Tommy Wiseau

Return to “2008 Memories”