Biggest Regrets?

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fourth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

SergeKaiser

Biggest Regrets?

Postby SergeKaiser » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:18 am

I see all these great things going around, but is there anything Youmacon you regret not doing? Something you wanted to do, or say, and just could never muster up and do?

This being my first con, I feel I was WAY to shy. If I could take back anything, I wanted to get to know more people, because there was just so many friendly faces. And after its all over, I see all the great people I missed a chance of running into this year. ARGGHHH

Also, I really wanted to sign up for the rock band tournament. x3 I shoulda gotten a few of my friends that were there sign up with me.

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:20 am

I regret not going to the rave. >_O I was just too tired out from being in the masquerade and I wanted sleep. :cry: Also I would have loved to go to a few more panels. My boyfriend had to miss the Wonderful world of Watase panel he wanted to go to in order to get in line for the masquerade to support me. @_@ I feel bad about that. :evil:

Skateland

Postby Skateland » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:28 am

I have the same regret: Not talking to enough people. My friend and I went, and it was her first con, too, but she made a million times more friends than I.

Oh, but I'm ready now. Next year I'm talking to EVERYBODY.

HikarioLove
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby HikarioLove » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:35 am

I don't think I have any regrets this year except for the fact that I didn't stand in that long line for the masq.
But other than that...it was perfect <3 I'm breaking out of my con nervousness and asking everyone for pictures, hugging my favorite j-rocker millions of times XD, and this is my first year attending panels.
So can't wait for next year <3 <3
~Youmacon 2015 Cosplays~
Kaneki Ken (normal and "master") [Tokyo Ghoul]
Haise Sasaki [Tokyo Ghoul:re]
Eren Jaeger [Shingeki no Kyojin]
Allen Avadonia (Len Kagamine) [Evillious Chroncles]
Aoba Kuronuma [Durarara!!]

Naiiki
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Naiiki » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:39 am

I regret not taking enough pictures. Usually I'm really good about taking tons of photos, but this year... I have no idea what happened! *sigh* NEXT YEAR! xDD That camera will always be on. Hahaha!

LaMuse

Postby LaMuse » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:42 am

Missing the Caramelldansen gathering. =(
Worry not, for I am awesome!

Youmacon '10 Cosplays:
D.Gray-Man - 3rd Uniform Lavi
D.Gray-Man - Anita
Princess Ai - Tess
Saiyuki - Gojyo
Soul Eater - Tsubaki

darylchan

Postby darylchan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:46 am

--Not having a memory card for my camera. I had it with me but never bothered to take any pictures because of this.
--Not coming early enough to go to the Bleach photoshoot, and as a result missing released!Szayel and HuecoMundo!Mayuri, both of whom I really wanted to see. :cry:
'06 Navy Recruit Jango [One Piece]
'07 CP9 Rob Lucci [One Piece]
'08 12th Division 3rd Seat Akon [Bleach]

Ohki

Postby Ohki » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:02 am

Not meeting up with one of my friends that I was supposed to meet up with. I kept forgetting to call her! D=
I am Komurin YOUR FACE
My MAL profile

SourNine

Postby SourNine » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:21 am

haha, i never regret missing the rave, it always ends up really stinky. the only things i regret are not making more awesome friends . i've been to cons before, but i always clung to my group, i'm glad i talked to more people this year. also, that my friend was caught up in condrama, and i couldn't help. why can't people just have fun at cons and stop worrying about what other people are doing? ): i hope you all get to do what you missed next year, it's going to be so much better.
Youma 2010 cosplay
Vocaloid Megpoid Gumi - "Matryoshka"
The GazettE's "Distress and coma" Ballerina
Asteroid Senshi - Sailor Juno
(possibly) Daisuke from Kagerou's "Aidoru Gurui no Shinrigaku" PV

13th Company Officer

Postby 13th Company Officer » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:30 am

Does leaving count?

Missing Macross Frontier in the video room, while I have seen all the episodes already, it would have been cool walking in there with my SMS costume, and see how many people would get it. Another is that I forgot certain things for costumes, so I couldn't cosplay certain characters for very long.
"We have to make people lift their eyes to the horizon, and see the line of ancestors behind us, saying 'Make my life have meaning,' and to our inheritors before us, saying 'Create the world we will live in.'"
-John Sheridan, Babylon 5

Djm
First Anime: Teknoman/Tekkaman Blade

Postby Djm » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:34 am

I regret not talking to more people. I talked to quite a few cool people, but it's never enough.

And missing the Otaku Family Feud. :x
Woot.

And also...woot.

Pumpkin-Chan

Postby Pumpkin-Chan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:45 am

Not going all 4 days and not cosplaying this year.
2009 COSPLAYS
Pierce Villiers [Clover no Kuni no Alice]
Haru Miura [Katekyo Hitman Reborn!]

Alcheous

Postby Alcheous » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:48 am

darylchan wrote:--Not having a memory card for my camera. I had it with me but never bothered to take any pictures because of this.
--Not coming early enough to go to the Bleach photoshoot, and as a result missing released!Szayel and HuecoMundo!Mayuri, both of whom I really wanted to see. :cry:
Basically the same for me, but my memory cards needed to be formatted...
I missed the photo shoot because I had to get ready with my girlfriend, because we wanted to do things together. So yeah. If she got there like an hour earlier, would have done it. Oh well.
Maybe next time.
I got lucky and saw them both in the stairwell going back down, and also in the lobby just standing around. Didn't have my camera at that time, DOH.
2008 Cosplay- Hisagi Shuhei

Cosplay(s) for 2010-
Trying to form together a nice rave outfit- Meeeheheh 1%

S3N4HU3 06
Gaming Staff

Postby S3N4HU3 06 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:51 am

i wish i had actually entered my amv into the contest. think i couldah won, this is my like 3rd time at youmacon, and it just gets better every year. other than the amv thing i REGRET NOTHING, not even making a fool of myself, because i know the people watching, wont care....i love conventions

Zodiac

Postby Zodiac » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:54 am

I regret not being there for the earlier part of Sat, didn't get to meet as many people as I might have hoped.
Also my pyramid head weighed way too much to be lunking around for 3 days.
But all in all, it was an awesome time : D

Return to “2008 Memories”