Elevators

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fourth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

venus-chan

Postby venus-chan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:30 pm

The elevators shook and made me nervous, I didn't like them.
plus they were always full and taking the stairs in heels was terrible, only did it once.

ChibiKitsune20

Postby ChibiKitsune20 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:20 pm

I only have two stories about the elevators.

friday I think it was my friend's and I waited for 45 minutes on the 3rd floor for an elevator up -m- it was horrible.

Saturday morning I rode from 3rd floor to lobby to sixth floor to lobby again. I never had any other person on the elevator with me and it never stopped on any floor besides the one I pushed the button for :]. This was about 7:30am
I remember the old days ¦<......

Morbid Intentions

Postby Morbid Intentions » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Elevators are characterized as being extremely safe. Their safety record of moving millions of passengers every day, with extremely low rate of incident, is unsurpassed by any other vehicle system. Even so, fatalities due to malfunction[6] have been known to occur on occasion.[6] A certain number of passengers do die every year in elevator-related incidents.[7] In 1998, it was reported that of the estimated 120 billion rides per year in the approximately 600,000 elevators in the United States, 10,000 people wound up in the emergency room[8] because of elevator-related accidents.

Kyora

Postby Kyora » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:11 am

Morbid Intentions wrote:Elevators are characterized as being extremely safe. Their safety record of moving millions of passengers every day, with extremely low rate of incident, is unsurpassed by any other vehicle system. Even so, fatalities due to malfunction[6] have been known to occur on occasion.[6] A certain number of passengers do die every year in elevator-related incidents.[7] In 1998, it was reported that of the estimated 120 billion rides per year in the approximately 600,000 elevators in the United States, 10,000 people wound up in the emergency room[8] because of elevator-related accidents.

I enjoyed the Wikipedia quote.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kyora&sclick=1]Image
ImageImageImage[/url]

Morbid Intentions

Postby Morbid Intentions » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:42 am

Kyora wrote:
Morbid Intentions wrote:Elevators are characterized as being extremely safe. Their safety record of moving millions of passengers every day, with extremely low rate of incident, is unsurpassed by any other vehicle system. Even so, fatalities due to malfunction[6] have been known to occur on occasion.[6] A certain number of passengers do die every year in elevator-related incidents.[7] In 1998, it was reported that of the estimated 120 billion rides per year in the approximately 600,000 elevators in the United States, 10,000 people wound up in the emergency room[8] because of elevator-related accidents.

::faceplam::

way to miss the point...

I think everyone and their mother would know that it's a wikipedia quote unless you memorize this useless information on a daily basis?
Last edited by Morbid Intentions on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kyora

Postby Kyora » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:44 am

Morbid Intentions wrote:
Kyora wrote:

way to miss the point...

I think everyone and their mother would know that it's a wikipedia quote, unless you memorize this useless information on a daily basis?

Nonono, I was just amused by how you left the citations in. xD I didn't mean my original comment to be offensive, critical, or etc.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kyora&sclick=1]Image

ImageImageImage[/url]

Morbid Intentions

Postby Morbid Intentions » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:47 am

Kyora wrote:
Morbid Intentions wrote:
Kyora wrote:

way to miss the point...

I think everyone and their mother would know that it's a wikipedia quote, unless you memorize this useless information on a daily basis?

Nonono, I was just amused by how you left the citations in. xD I didn't mean my original comment to be offensive, critical, or etc.

oh mah bad, sarcasm is hard to detect on the net... I just automatically assume people are being cynical :-/

Invinciblemoron

Postby Invinciblemoron » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:07 am

Shout out to everybody who enjoyed my elevator music from my phone while I was in my Squall cosplay. Balamb Garden music ftw.
Shinigami Substitute Kurosaki Ichigo '06
Substitute Expada Hollow Ichigo '07
<3 Proposed at Youmacon '07 :D <3
Squall Lionheart + Naked Snake/Big Boss '08
Black Mage Squall Lioonheart '09 (recycled)
??? '10

Naiiki
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Naiiki » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:19 am

Invinciblemoron wrote:Shout out to everybody who enjoyed my elevator music from my phone while I was in my Squall cosplay. Balamb Garden music ftw.

Oh my gosh~ That was you? xDDD I loved hearing that! I'm sad I only saw you once. Hahaha!

Keerii

Postby Keerii » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:29 am

I was really paranoid when more then 14 people were squeezed into the elevator. I normally just got off on the floor when that happen, and took the stairs. My feet hate me for that. They also when very fast if they didn't need to directly stop at another floor, like a friend and I when to the 14 floor and it when straight up...she got really dizzy and I had to just lay down.
Plans for Youmacon

Seychelles - 75%
TYL! Chrome Dokuro - 100%
Hunny Senpai - 100%
Namine - 100%
Yowane Haku - 0% {Maybe}
Serah Farron - 100%

Invinciblemoron

Postby Invinciblemoron » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:33 pm

Naiiki wrote:
Invinciblemoron wrote:Shout out to everybody who enjoyed my elevator music from my phone while I was in my Squall cosplay. Balamb Garden music ftw.

Oh my gosh~ That was you? xDDD I loved hearing that! I'm sad I only saw you once. Hahaha!

Well I'm glad people liked it. I'll probably do it next year too. I think I'm one of the few people who enjoy having one of the 0 point Youma Achievements. lol
Shinigami Substitute Kurosaki Ichigo '06

Substitute Expada Hollow Ichigo '07

<3 Proposed at Youmacon '07 :D <3

Squall Lionheart + Naked Snake/Big Boss '08

Black Mage Squall Lioonheart '09 (recycled)

??? '10

OrangeSnake

Postby OrangeSnake » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:07 pm

Me and my friend had a hard time in the elevators.

Me with my box, and Nick with his Pyramid Head

KyaStar

Postby KyaStar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Hehe I brought bubbles into the elevators! :P
"DANCE, WATER, DANCE!"

Akino

Postby Akino » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:19 pm

you brought BUBBLES in the elevator..?

DarkRain

Postby DarkRain » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:19 pm

I never took the elevator, i just took the stairs

Return to “2008 Memories”