Elevators

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fourth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Awaken the Monster
First Anime: Sailor Moon or Dragonball Z

Postby Awaken the Monster » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:58 pm

My room was on the 14th floor.. after I waited for around 30 minutes for a freaking empty elevator to no avail, I said, "**** IT ALL!"

And I found out a little secret that the D Stairs went all the way to the 14th floor~~ Hahahaha~~

I ran up them around 20 times a day. x_x It was a hell of a good workout!! xDDD

-Shou
Youma '15:
Robin (female): Fire Emblem: Awakening

emorainbow

Postby emorainbow » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Awaken the Monster wrote:My room was on the 14th floor.. after I waited for around 30 minutes for a freaking empty elevator to no avail, I said, "**** IT ALL!"

And I found out a little secret that the D Stairs went all the way to the 14th floor~~ Hahahaha~~

-Shou

dood runnin up nine flights three times caused an asthma(sp?) atack. How'd you survive?! :?: :!:
Cosplay for youmacon 09:
Sadly, I can't aford to cosplay this year.

Awaken the Monster
First Anime: Sailor Moon or Dragonball Z

Postby Awaken the Monster » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:40 pm

emorainbow wrote:
Awaken the Monster wrote:My room was on the 14th floor.. after I waited for around 30 minutes for a freaking empty elevator to no avail, I said, "**** IT ALL!"

-Shou

dood runnin up nine flights three times caused an asthma(sp?) atack. How'd you survive?! :?: :!:
Ionno, I'm a soccer player, so I'm used to running. xD Did I mention that 1/2 of the time my chest was wrapped because I cosplayed as Roxas? o.o And I'm a 42D cup. >_> <_<

Thank **** for soccer and my frequent workout sessions. x_x

I only started to get tired after one time I was sprinting up and down them 3 times from the 3rd floor up to the 14th to get my luggage up.. then I started to walk. xDDD

-Shou
Youma '15:
Robin (female): Fire Emblem: Awakening

emorainbow

Postby emorainbow » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:09 pm

Awaken the Monster wrote:
emorainbow wrote:

-Shou

Ionno, I'm a soccer player, so I'm used to running. xD Did I mention that 1/2 of the time my chest was wrapped because I cosplayed as Roxas? o.o And I'm a 42D cup. >_> <_<

I only started to get tired after one time I was sprinting up and down them 3 times from the 3rd floor up to the 14th to get my luggage up.. then I started to walk. xDDD

-Shou

Holy boobs O.O
Cosplay for youmacon 09:

Sadly, I can't aford to cosplay this year.

makashuu

Postby makashuu » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 pm

I was carrying a giant scythe around that was bigger than me, and waiting for the elevators with the bagillions of people fighting to get on them got old real fast [also after I hit numerous numbers of people with the weapon on accident] I took the stairs. my room was only on the sixth floor but that thing got heavy after awhile...
Cosplay Plans 2011:
Twisted Princess Alice [Disney/dA]
TK [Digimon Season 2]

Stringer

Postby Stringer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:58 pm

I tried to avoid taking the elevators during the really busy times of the con (e.g. between 9 am and 12 am). I had less problems on the elevator waiting for a floor and more waiting to get an elevator that wasn't loaded to max capacity. I tended to start drumming on the giant lipstick things thanks to a short attention span and being one of those "there's music in everything" weirdos. :?

Twistedguitar
First Anime: DBZ

Postby Twistedguitar » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:43 pm

THERE WERE STAIRS?!?! :oops: I'm sorry but I didn't know there were stairs...I didn't like how many people were waiting for the elevators and me and my friends only had saturday for the con so we didn't want to waste time...We stayed in the lobby and second floor....I Was trying to locate stairs but I didn't find them! I Shall find them next year! :twisted:
Youma '16 Cosplays:
Fate Series (Stay Night and Zero):
Gilgamesh
(Accompanied by my friend who'll be my lovely Artoria Pendragon)

Kyora

Postby Kyora » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:46 pm

-Shou

I was going to do it except i I could play DDR in my cosplay boots, I could not run up 14 flights of stairs with those same boots on. xD
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kyora&sclick=1]Image
ImageImageImage[/url]

Toboe5

Postby Toboe5 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:01 pm

elevator party early Sunday morning ftw!!! for any of you who were there I was the girl who had Starburst, the black and white stripped arm warmers, and was with the "hot asian guy"(as many people have described him {D)

as for taking the elevators, I actually got bored of taking them, and took the stairs just for the hell of it. But they sort of creeped me out once because it was like the middle of the night, and I heard of bunch of clanging and I never saw anyone even though I went from the lobby to like the 9th...and no it wasn't me making the sounds, because they continued even when I stopped D:

and sorry for making this so long, but was anyone else amused by the fact that there was no 13 or 15 floors?

nasamuffin

Postby nasamuffin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Best elevator moment EVER, which I feel I need to share with you all... This is on Saturday night ISH when they got the hotel staff on the elevators to keep us from trying to play Elevator Tetris.

There was this older man, probably in his fifties or sixties, watching the elevator my friend and I got onto. When we got on, one of the lovely GothLoli crossplayers got on with us, rode five or so levels up, and got off. He was very polite and his lolita was really pretty! :3 After he got off and the door closed, the elevator man looked at the six or so otaku and asked, "Was that a guy or a girl?" to which I responded, "That would be a guy." He then asked, "And what was he supposed to be?" Someone else in the elevator said, "A girl," and the elevator man looked VERY DEEPLY OFFENDED.

IT WAS SO FUNNY
Youmacon 2009!
"Twilight" Suzuka - Outlaw Star - 100%
Andre Roland Jean Gerard - Persona 3 FES - 100%
Amasuke Benio - Ouran High School Host Club - 100%
San - Princess Mononoke - 100%

Phyz

Postby Phyz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Toboe5 wrote:and sorry for making this so long, but was anyone else amused by the fact that there was no 13 or 15 floors?

I know the story behind thirteenth floors, but what was the point of having two fourteenths? So that the sixteenth would be labeled correctly or something?

patrickbooya

Postby patrickbooya » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:14 pm

Awaken the Monster wrote:
emorainbow wrote:

-Shou

-Shou

Ha, props to you.
I'm guessing you got a suite? :O

XD

I couldn't stand waiting for the elevators.
I was standing by the desk for some reason and this con-goer was trying to give a suggestion with the staff about Security being there in the elevators to help count heads before going in or something and I was thinking 'uhh I just seen a staff member in there counting people who got in.' It kinda bugged me for some reason.

I noticed box guy had a limited amount of rides.

I wonder what the guards were thinking when they had to work that weekend? lol

ChibiKitsune20

Postby ChibiKitsune20 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:08 am

nasamuffin wrote:Elevator Tetris.

?? how do you play that? :O

nasamuffin wrote:There was this older man, probably in his fifties or sixties, watching the elevator my friend and I got onto. When we got on, one of the lovely GothLoli crossplayers got on with us, rode five or so levels up, and got off. He was very polite and his lolita was really pretty! :3 After he got off and the door closed, the elevator man looked at the six or so otaku and asked, "Was that a guy or a girl?" to which I responded, "That would be a guy." He then asked, "And what was he supposed to be?" Someone else in the elevator said, "A girl," and the elevator man looked VERY DEEPLY OFFENDED.

that is so funny!! xD

I remember on saturday night/sunday morning...like....2:00 am almost NO ONE was up so there was plenty of room in all the the elevators so like 3 or 4 of my friends and I were riding in the elevator and talking to the people who went in....and then a hotel guy came in and shooed us off u.u made me kinda sad lol
I remember the old days ¦<......

Myth

Postby Myth » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:25 am

Oh ****....the elevators....*shivers*

Probably the freakiest moment on them would've been when my friends jumped up and down for no reason and you could feel the elevator bounce....wasn't a good feeling.

Though the elevators are awesome....waiting isn't. Stairs aren't fun either....almost fell because one of the railings broke or something x_x. Grabbed on and my hand swung back along with my body....jeez.

Next year should be a better year though...a possible elevator system maybe?(Getting on and off I mean)

The Catboy! XD

Postby The Catboy! XD » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:40 am

THE elevators ruled! they were such fun! I loved cramming in! lol.

And What makes them even better was that on Friday night at like 4am Me and a few friends were all randomly hanging out in that little elevator lobby there, and we decided to kidnap the Mikuru bunny riding the elevator. Such fun that night was, the sex chair, the yuri paddling, the yuri-ing between Usagi no Erabeta and Candy-chan. I love Youma-con!

Return to “2008 Memories”