Official Youmacon 2008 Feedback Thread

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our fourth year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

KraZGurl

Postby KraZGurl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:47 pm

patrickbooya wrote:Demanding that you go to bed? lol

Is she the mom of the Hotel? :roll:

More like the con. :roll:

Many, if I had been a little less tired (I will admit, I was a little tired) I would have said something snarky, along the lines of her not being my mother and me being old enough to decide when I go to bed (I'm 21.)

But I guess I figured to just roll my eyes and wait for her to leave was the better idea anyways.
http://americanlink.deviantart.com My deviantART

Planned Cosplays:
Thursday: Steampunk(99%)
Friday: Kanaya, green dress (Homestuck)70%
Saturday: Troll Mage Redux (WoW)7%
Sunday: Regular Outfit Kanaya (Homestuck)90%

patrickbooya

Postby patrickbooya » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:05 pm

I would have just ignored her.

unless it was staff or con staff then I would pay attention and what not.
since if they said something to me it's probably important that I quiet down.

(I was actually very quiet)

Shay

Postby Shay » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:01 am

Mirena wrote:
Tatsu_loves_Akito wrote:
KraZGurl wrote:Why do I have a feeling that this was the same woman that demanded that I go to bed (also early Saturday morn.)

wow cause it probably was

-and why do I have a feeling that I know exactly who you're talking about? o_o"

And I have a feeling that this was the same woman who was nasty to me Saturday night when I was in the lobby area chatting with friends. Quietly. And she came up and told us very rudely that we needed to leave the lobby area.

Tatsu_loves_Akito

Postby Tatsu_loves_Akito » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:43 pm

patrickbooya wrote:I would have just ignored her.

well she was a security personell thats the only reasonb I brought it up
[b][u]Tentative Schedule[/u][/b]
[b]Thursday:[/b] Iron Man
[b]Friday:[/b] Redcoat England(hetalia)
[b]Saturday:[/b] Mom(Homestuck), Snowman(Homestuck)
[b]Sunday:[/b] Raku(NSG)

Zrana
Live Programming Staff
First Anime: SciFi's "Japanimation" block/SailorMoon

Postby Zrana » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm going to add about karaoke before a whole month goes by.

I went. I had a blast. I could see why the girl keeping track of the sign-up sheet pissed people off. She seems to have one of those sense of humors where she doesn't care if she pisses people off.

After she announced the end of it prematurely Saturday, saying she didn't care (something about being tired was also uttered), after a couple songs and half the room emptying from pissed off and why bother staying people, karaoke was continued until it's schedule time after all.

I'll tell you this though, 90% or more of the overly loud and abnoxious talking that made the singing hard to sing even though it was amplified also left the room. Karaoke was actual more enjoyable for awhile.

And then more people left because it was late. And more people left. And eventually it ended not long after I sang a song to a room with about 5 people in it. But we had fun til the end those of us that remained.

But then, I'm stubborn like that and tend not to leave until I see things end.
Got Heartless?
*looks up at signature*
*cracks up*
Have I really not changed that since 2006?? XD

patrickbooya

Postby patrickbooya » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:57 pm

Tatsu_loves_Akito wrote:
patrickbooya wrote:I would have just ignored her.

well she was a security personell thats the only reasonb I brought it up

Whoops didn't read that XD

broken-and-lonely
First Anime: Sailormoon!

Postby broken-and-lonely » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:31 pm

KraZGurl wrote:
Tatsu_loves_Akito wrote:well though they were for the most part "Professional" I did have a couple issues with the staff. There was this one lady who was on security who I had a little issue with. It was early saturday morning and I had stayed up all night playing games with my friends in the gaming room...That was a blast but next year maybe we could have a bleach game set up? Anywho I had decided to check something really quick over in the AA and I was walking, rather quietly cause I don't make a lot of noise when I walk, and got stopped by this guy who was drunk. He started talking to me and I was being polite and answering using a voice that wasn't too loud for 5 am in the elevator area. A few other people came over and started up a conversation with this guy while I was tryin to find a polite way to excuse myself. Then this lady on security comes over, basically accuses ME, a 17 year old who refuses to touch the stuff, of being drunk, then tells me (and the others who weren't all that loud anyways) that we were being to loud and tells me to go back to my room. I felt like she was patronizing me just cause I'm a year younger than an adult and felt rather offended...

Why do I have a feeling that this was the same woman that demanded that I go to bed (also early Saturday morn.)

mmhm I know exactly who you are talking about. She was all bitchy to my friends and I on early early early sunday morning. She yelled at us for being loud when all we were doing was laughing when right in front of her should have been waking up the person sleeping in that second floor area above the lobby [that's where we were]. I could've sworn that some of the con rules involved not sleeping OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOTEL ROOM, but hey maybe I'm just a retard. Anyway, that person was sleeping right by us and she bypassed them to yell at us. I saw through the course of that night at least... 4 people sleeping in that area. Oh wait, I know where I saw that rule again IN THE CON BOOK.

/endrant
AKA Spooky Elric
ConCount: 33
Artist Alley Count: 15
I have been a lot of things at cons: attendee, staffer, department head, vendor, cosplayer, artist, panelist and guest. I think my favourite thing to be is AT a convention :D

Toboe5

Postby Toboe5 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:38 pm

maybe this was the same lady who seemed to be yelling at one person or another for very minor things while I was in line for the rave. She thankfully passed by me and preceded to tell the group behind to get next to the wall, even though they couldn't have possibly gotten any closer without merging with the wall....She was on securtiy and looked like she was 50 something

broken-and-lonely

Postby broken-and-lonely » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Toboe5 wrote:maybe this was the same lady who seemed to be yelling at one person or another for very minor things while I was in line for the rave. She thankfully passed by me and preceded to tell the group behind to get next to the wall, even though they couldn't have possibly gotten any closer without merging with the wall....She was on securtiy and looked like she was 50 something

Yeah that was the woman for my scenario Dx
AKA Spooky Elric
I have been a lot of things at cons: attendee, staffer, department head, vendor, cosplayer, artist, panelist and guest. I think my favourite thing to be is AT a convention :D

Tatsu_loves_Akito

Postby Tatsu_loves_Akito » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:05 pm

broken-and-lonely wrote:
Toboe5 wrote:maybe this was the same lady who seemed to be yelling at one person or another for very minor things while I was in line for the rave. She thankfully passed by me and preceded to tell the group behind to get next to the wall, even though they couldn't have possibly gotten any closer without merging with the wall....She was on securtiy and looked like she was 50 something

Yeah that was the woman for my scenario Dx

mine too(I found the thought of someone merging with the wall funny) also I have one more thing I just remembered that I would like to say...About the bleach shoot...do you think maybe next year it could be a little later??I mean I was at it on time and everything but there were a LOT of bleach cosplayers that I talked to who weren't at it who said they woulda been but it was too early for them to get there...
[b][u]Tentative Schedule[/u][/b]
[b]Thursday:[/b] Iron Man
[b]Friday:[/b] Redcoat England(hetalia)
[b]Saturday:[/b] Mom(Homestuck), Snowman(Homestuck)
[b]Sunday:[/b] Raku(NSG)

broken-and-lonely

Postby broken-and-lonely » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:11 pm

The same for if we have an RO photo shoot again. My friend couldn't make it because it was too early. She had been up working on a commission all night and only ended up with like 2 hours a sleep. She actually went to bed during the shoot Dx
AKA Spooky Elric

Azazel

Postby Azazel » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:40 am

I know that this is extremely old, but does anyone know the song list from the dance/rave thingy?

PsychoLee
First Anime: Riding Bean

Postby PsychoLee » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:28 pm

My only beef was the fact that the convention was set on the same day as Halloween which did screw up my ability to go to the convention, since I'm usually working on Halloween and can't get it off easily.

Besides that it was fun.
Cosplayed as Nabeshin Youmacon 2012.
Last year cosplayed as Lupin III and everyone mistook me for Nabeshin. This year cosplayed as Nabeshin and everyone mistook me for Lupin. I can never win! :(

Youmacon photos: 2011 | 2010 | 2008 | 2007

ValenciaCrowe
Video Programming Staff

Postby ValenciaCrowe » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:05 pm

Yeah, I agree. My friend's birthday is on Halloween and he's the one who took me to YoumaCon and since it's gonna be on Halloween again, I won't be able to go since no one near me goes to YoumaCon.

Other than that, it was a lot better than I expected. I'm so used to being at a really big con. I've been going to ACen and only ACen since '03 and I've been so used to that. It was kinda nice to go to a smaller con for a change. :3
YoumaCon '10:
-Menardi [Golden Sun] 0%
-Bunnie Rabbot [Sonic SatAM] 0%
-Julie-Su [Knuckles the Echidna] 0%
-Belldandy [Ah! My Goddess] 0%
-Hooker! Blair [Soul Eater] 100%

Ryuksbestfriend

Postby Ryuksbestfriend » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:57 pm

ValenciaCrowe wrote:Yeah, I agree. My friend's birthday is on Halloween and he's the one who took me to YoumaCon and since it's gonna be on Halloween again, I won't be able to go since no one near me goes to YoumaCon.

Other than that, it was a lot better than I expected. I'm so used to being at a really big con. I've been going to ACen and only ACen since '03 and I've been so used to that. It was kinda nice to go to a smaller con for a change. :3

ahh man if i hadnt moved from downtown chicago back to my home town of south bend here in indiana i would have offered a ride to the next youmacon for ya lol bummer

Return to “2008 Memories”