Current Favorite Anime

Includes discussion of anime, manga, movies, books, music, and games.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Jmantheman

Postby Jmantheman » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Too many to list.

As for right now, it's kind of a hard one to follow since it aired in 1993 and was not brought to the states. The only way to see it is though asian video sites like yuko or download it though bittorrent but the torrent is for all purposes dead.

The series is Nekketsu Saikyō Go-Saurer(Hot-Blooded Strongest Go-Saurer), the third and final animated entry in the Eldorian series by tomy.(The final series was canceled and was told though manga) As to why I like it, well for one thing I'm a die-hard sonic satam fan and any thing with robotization gets my interest. In the series the main villians are called the Kikaika(mechanization) Empire who roboticize entire planets and toward the end of the series, theres a 4 episode story arc about one of the main characters being roboticized slowly from the inside out. The second reason is that I'm a huge super robot nut, in fact that was the reason that got me into MMPR back in 93, in fact the plot is almost the same as MMPR since the heroes pilot dinosaur mechs that fuse into a giant robot called Go-saurer that they got from a mystious being named Eldorian.

maltaethiron

Postby maltaethiron » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:11 pm

My current favorite anime is Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. The comedy in it is unparalleled.

Other favorites are Spice+Wolf, Azumanga Daioh, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumia (season 1)

masterewok

Postby masterewok » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:38 pm

Spice and wolf was AMAZING!
~COSPLAY LIST~
CHU - YU YU HAKUSHO 0.00%
LADD RUSSO - BACCANO! 5.00%
SCOTT PILGRIM 25.00%
I'M PRETTY MUCH SCREWED...YAY!

predat0rz r00l
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby predat0rz r00l » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:20 am

My favorite anime atm is Peach Girl :3

Celeste_the_shinobi
First Anime: Sailor Moon, when I was five.

Postby Celeste_the_shinobi » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:04 am

I have about 20 favorite animes at the moment. 90% of which most of you have probably heard of since I like a lot of popular series like Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Inuyasha, Ouran Host Club, Vampire Knight, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, D.N.Angel, etc. But I also like a few lesser-known series. I am like so addicted to the manga Mars. I wonder if they've made an anime series of it yet?
Cosplays for 2014: Not saying yet!

♪ わたしはおんがくをあいして!♪

MarioMitch2591
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby MarioMitch2591 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:33 pm

ok easy for me to know:

Bleach
Pokemon
Yugioh: 5D's
&
Naruto
-2012 cosplay: Casual Mass Effect 3 Shepard (25%)

Machi-chan
First Anime: Fruits Basket

Postby Machi-chan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:19 pm

buttfiesta wrote:My favorite anime atm is Peach Girl :3

YES! *high fives*
Check out "idol BEATS Radio", the best place to listen to the Jpop idols of today!
http://idolbeatsradio.blogspot.com
There is a chance to win a free idol CD of your choice (29 choices!) so enter the giveaway by November 10th!

ValenciaCrowe
Video Programming Staff

Postby ValenciaCrowe » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Ranma 1/2 has always been and always will be! =D
YoumaCon '10:
-Menardi [Golden Sun] 0%
-Bunnie Rabbot [Sonic SatAM] 0%
-Julie-Su [Knuckles the Echidna] 0%
-Belldandy [Ah! My Goddess] 0%
-Hooker! Blair [Soul Eater] 100%

shamrock2lilly
First Anime: Sailor moon/ Dragon Ball

Postby shamrock2lilly » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Ouran High school host club ... I just can't get enough. I love the characters and the interactions between them. They twins are my absolute favorite .. maybe because I am a twin and understand the connection they have together. However I must say Haruhi is very much like myself at least perspective wise. Haruhi is always very accepting of other people... even the strange ones. She found her niche in an usual spot with unusual people .. Which is the story of my life really. Not one person I know would be considered "Normal" by the general public and that is the way I like it. If you have not seen it yet this is a must see/read for any anime/manga fan... especially if you like comedy with a dash of romance.

literarykoifish

Postby literarykoifish » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:56 am

shamrock2lilly wrote:Ouran High school host club ... I just can't get enough. I love the characters and the interactions between them. They twins are my absolute favorite .. maybe because I am a twin and understand the connection they have together. However I must say Haruhi is very much like myself at least perspective wise. Haruhi is always very accepting of other people... even the strange ones. She found her niche in an usual spot with unusual people .. Which is the story of my life really. Not one person I know would be considered "Normal" by the general public and that is the way I like it. If you have not seen it yet this is a must see/read for any anime/manga fan... especially if you like comedy with a dash of romance.

Yes! I love this show. One of the best parts about it is how it can just go from total slapstick comedy, to a really heartfelt dramatic moment. Everything in this show just blends really nicely and it's awesome.
2010 Conventions~
Ohayocon10--Keroro/Sgt. Frog, Zombie Hunter.
Anime Punch!--Sealand/Hetalia.
Colossalcon10--Ninja, Sealand/Hetalia.
Matsuricon10--????
Youmacon10--????

Dani Cojo

Shugo Chara

Postby Dani Cojo » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:08 pm

My number one favorite anime is defenitly Shugo Chara. I know it's kind of a weird show, and not many people seem to like it, but it's just too darn cute! And i laugh so much and can't help but to wiggle in my seat each episode.

I'm a dedicated fan as well, i mean, after the rave last night, i slept for three hours and woke up at 6:30 to get ready to head to video 2 to watch episodes 1-4 with my friends (who hate the show, but they went with me cause they love me <3)

i suggest at least watching episodes 1 and 2. The manga is great and i'm up to date, and obviously the show is popular cause they are already on season three, Shugo Chara! Party! as of right now, with 103 episodes and counting. Just check it out!

The Catboy! XD

FLCL

Postby The Catboy! XD » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:25 pm

FLCL, as it is awesome

DrDtroit

Postby DrDtroit » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:20 pm

Honestly, it's kind of a toss up. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is definately the best i've seen. It's simply an amazing story and a all around great show. However... I just can't place it above Hidamari Sketch. That show is basically fun personified. I can't help but love it above more substantial shows just simply because anytime i watch it i'm having a blast.

Random2
First Anime: Kaze no Stigma, although Haruhi was the real hook

Postby Random2 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:51 pm

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumia wins for me, hands down.
Although, there are probably 10 series tied for second. (like Fummofu, Higurashi, Excel Saga, etc)
"Our goal each year should be to increase the number of goals we set for ourselves!"
"Honduras? Indeed!"

Soul Eat3R
First Anime: Happy Lesson

Postby Soul Eat3R » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:38 pm

Top 5 Fav Animes as of now
-Soul Eater
-Bleach
-Speed Grapher
-Cowboy Bebop
-Golgo 13
Attending since 07...YESSIR!!

Return to “Media”