Need help making a wig for Envy cosplay

Includes sewing, props, wigs, photography, and recommendations.

Moderators: Public Moderators, Cosplay Forums Moderators

Ashura09
First Anime: Soul Eater

Need help making a wig for Envy cosplay

Postby Ashura09 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:23 am

Title says it all. I'm not super great at cosplay and the whole idea of making that wig is just.....scary as hell. I was wondering if somebody with more experience in styling wigs could help me? It would be the Brotherhood/Manga version of Envy, so it'd be a black wig to make it easy.

I'd be willing to pay someone to help style it (I'm planning on buying the wig, don't worry)

undead1taco
First Anime: One Piece

Re: Need help making a wig for Envy cosplay

Postby undead1taco » Mon May 09, 2016 11:58 am

Hi! So I had no idea who you were talking about until I googled the character. I'm assuming Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist, correct?
If I were you, I would take a look at some ways other people did her hair. In the few minutes I spent looking, I noticed a lot of people used foam. Since she has really long spikes, that will be almost impossible to style with a wig on its own. What I would do is make a bunch of foam spikes, buy a wig, cut the wig, and then glue the hair on top of the foam. *Making sure the glue doesn't burn through the foam.* I've seen people "build" wigs this way when it's difficult to actually style a wig for the character. Does that make sense?
And using this method, you shouldn't need to actually style the wig yourself, because you're "building" it. :D
Youmacon 2016 Lineup :3
GaMzEe - Homestuck
Menma - Anohana
Northern Princess - Kantai Collection Kancolle

Return to “Cosplay: Construction and Advice”