Help...! How do I make this?

Includes sewing, props, wigs, photography, and recommendations.

Moderators: Public Moderators, Cosplay Forums Moderators

Shamanized

Help...! How do I make this?

Postby Shamanized » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:07 am

I'm going as Koh the Face stealer (a humanoid version) from Avatar. He's basically a giant centipede.

Even though I'm doing a humanoid version of him, I will still be incorporating his legs greatly in the cosplay but because they are everywhere and I'll be moving a lot, what is the smartest way to construct them/what material should I use? Whatever I use has to be bendable so I don't break these legs by accident, but they still need to be able to keep their shape.

I was thinking little plushie legs but I won't be able to create those plus they wouldn't look as good. My last resort will be fun foam sheets but man, that'll be hard making them look right and I am not confident with that stuff.

Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
PAST COSPLAYS:
Mr. Game & Watch
Banjo-Kazooie
Snape (A Very Potter Musical)
Bryan Fury
Ermac
Slender Man Victim
Jack Frost
Koh the Face Stealer - Avatar
2015 COSPLAYS:
Edward Mordrake - American Horror Story: Freakshow
Black*Star - Soul Eater

kyuryu
First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist

Re: Help...! How do I make this?

Postby kyuryu » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:24 pm

The plush legs could work, when I was really young my mum once did a spider for Halloween--she made extra arms like a plush and attached them to her own arms with a clear string so they all moved together.

Another option would be to make them like that buy use PVC to add the joints--or do joint work with PVC and build up the outside some other way.

BehindTheMask
First Anime: Cowboy Bebop

Re: Help...! How do I make this?

Postby BehindTheMask » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Depending on how big/flexible you want them, you could try using wire hangers to shape them the way you want. Build up around those. You could attach them (depending how heavy) with an adhesive or sewing them onto the costume or whatever else you can come up with.

Return to “Cosplay: Construction and Advice”