Be Your True Mind...[SMT/Persona 2012]

Includes Final Fantasy, J-rock, Kingdom Hearts, and Resident Evil.

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators, Cosplay Forums Moderators

Be Your True Mind...[SMT/Persona 2012]

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Guess whats back, guess whats back, guess what back....

Figured better to start this up now so we can begin to start plans now for the 2012 Youmacon season,

This gathering is for all the folks planning to do Shin Megami Tensei related titles, from Devil Summoner, to Persona and everything in between.
This thread will be for all discussion of gatherings for:
Devil Summoner, Digital Devil Saga, Shin Megami Tensei, Persona
Etc...
**YES THIS GATHERING INCLUDES CATHERINE AS WELL....:)
**IT ALSO INCLUDES ANY ONLINE/CELL PHONE GAMES RELATING TO THE SMT SERIES/UNIVERSE...:)

Basically anything listed here:
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Series
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Animation
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Novels

Your resident Philemon shall be returning to do the SMT/Persona gathering and Midnight Shoot for there FOURTH year at Youmacon...:)

SPECIAL NOTICE!!!
As I shall be returning as Philemon for 2012, I have been pondering with him for AWA and/or Youmacon, I am looking to try and gather a group of Persona folks to share with me in doing something I have yet to see a FULL group shot of, the ENTIRE CAST of the Velvet Room and Persona's key players...Philemon, Joker and Nyarlathotep ( I think I spelled that right...>>)
So if anyone is up to do any of the following at Youmacon...let me know...
Igor, Nameless (Nanashi --JP), Belladonna, Elizabeth, Margaret, Theo and the Demon Artist
Then also a few of the major players
Philemon --I'm doing the P2 version, so we do need a P1 version (where he wears the white suit, black dress shirt and white pants and has a the full mask with a butterfly painted on--
The Joker and Nyarlathotep...whom all are associated with the the balances and drive behind the quest the characters all endure in the games.

Of course with this, if we can get a secondary gathering of ALL the Protagonists and main characters from P1-P4 (and yes Trinity Soul can be in this too...>>), I think it would be epic as to then blow the fandom's mind.
To be honest, I don't think I have yet to see anyone do a FULL set of all four Persona series' main cast and protag's together, just as I have not ever seen a full Velvet Room group done...I would LOVE TO see if my Persona-philes of either my AWA or Youmacon set want to try and pull it off and make some amazing Persona magic happen....:)
ARE YOU ALL GAME?

------------------------------------------------
PERSONA/SMT GATHERINGS LOG

Main SMT/Persona Gathering (ALL PERSONA AND SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI SERIES') --This DOES INCLUDE Catherine!!!
Date: Friday
Time: 6pm

This church is right across from the Ren Center. Go out the Jefferson Ave. entrance, hang a left as if to go toward's Cobo Hall or Hart Plaza. It's on the corner of Randolph and Jefferson....
I would say meet along the Jefferson side entrance...since there's space there.

The schedule also apparently has us or at least the SMT part going to both the church and the Ren Cen steps at same time...Oo. We will ALL (Persona AND SMT) meet at Mariner's Church....Not really keen on sharing a space with One Piece.... Beside's church lends for kinda fun creepy-esque shots....:)

Secondary SMT/Persona Gatherings Persona 4 Special
Date: Saturday
Time: 11am
Location: Outside Main Tournament Gaming (where ever that is???)

This gathering is apparently been set for strictly Persona 4, and is gonna be sharing the area with Blazblue and Virtua Fighter....I won't be avalible for this as I am not doing a P4 cosplay, but will also be at the church for D. Grayman.....

Persona Dark Hour/Midnight shoot (ALL TITLES!!)
--Normally for all Persona series (original PS1/2 and PSP relaunches and animes, mangas, etc)... Revelations: Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Persona 3/3 FES/P3P, Persona 4, Trinity Soul....SEE NOTE BELOW FOR SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Date: Saturday
Time: 12 Midnight (on Saturday, so midnight going into Sunday...*wink*)

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!! AFTER TEST DRIVING A RUN AT AWA THIS YEAR, AND IT GOING WELL, THIS YOUMACON, THE DARK HOUR WILL BE OPEN TO ALL SMT TITLES!!!!! BASICALLY SMT, PERSONA, CATHERINE ARE ALL INVITED...:D

For one or both shoots:
--Notes: Will end the shoot with a group live action play through of the "Persona Game". Shall demonstrate if needed. You can also watch this Youtube clip to get a rough idea of it (particularly if you never played the original Revalations or the PSP remake of it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpyf6_Rn260.

The "King's Game" may also be played. A clip of the King's Game from Persona 4 for an idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxL5U7ZJtCo
Last edited by Raiji Magiwind on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf
--Go to my Scrib'd for the YoumaLingo Dictionary, Glomp Commandments and other fun stuff...
Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee

First Anime: Old School Gundam...:)

Re: Be Your True Mind...[SMT/Persona 2012]

Postby BrokenFang » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:55 am

My friend cosplayed from P4 last year and told me she had a blast with ya'll. Sooo I buckled down and caught up with P4 The Animation and decided to cosplay Naoto Shirogane XD. So I'll probably tag along with my friend if she does her Chie again.
2013 Cosplays
-----------------
Emperor Lelouch Lamperouge
BrokenFang

First Anime: .Hack//Sign

Postby Aika_TheSwaggernaut » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:42 am

This sounds exciting! I'll be cosplaying as Fem!Minato Arisato from Persona 3. Also, my friends may do their Persona 4 cosplays, especially if I tell them what you have in store.
Aika_TheSwaggernaut

First Anime: Rockman

Postby Seijuku » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:05 am

I can bring my SMT cosplay for this, need to get the **** buttons back on the jacket Dx
Cosplays for Youmacon 2013:
Nick Fury - The Avengers (Confirmed) 100%
Seijuku

First Anime: Dragon Ball

Postby Faerie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:26 am

I'm still new to this series, but hopefully I'll have finished playing persona 4 by then so I can maybe recognize some of you ^-^
Faerie

First Anime: Rurouni Kenshin

Postby ChibixOnigiri » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:30 pm

I might bring out Catherine this year. I was her last year at a different co, but the wig and shirt were horrid and last minute. This year I'll have the offical shirt and Wig ( doing the PJ "empty" catherine) its quite comfy and good for a late night cosplay ( get to carry around a pillow too :D woohoo comfort! )
tempted to make myself sheep/ram horns and maybe carry a sheep or twoo :)
Uuuguu
ChibixOnigiri

First Anime: Dragon Ball / Sailor Moon

Postby kevnewsman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm doing Yosuke this year! Working on getting the uniform though if anyone knows a good place to find the pattern or anything.
kevnewsman

First Anime: Bleach

Postby matty8 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Some friends and I will be doing a Megaten group. Possible characters include Black Frost, Akihiko and Kanji.
matty8

First Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist

Postby BrokenFang » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:39 am

@kevnewsman

I went to JoAnne Fabrics and bought a 99 cent pattern that was a civil war uniform. It essentially was the school uniform. You just need to make a few changes like the collar. Not necessarily too hard. Hope that helps.
2013 Cosplays
-----------------
BrokenFang

Postby Yuuki_99x » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Ah! I went to this last year.

I cosplay Aigis, and I'll definitely be there! :D
Youmacon 2011: Aigis (SMT: Persona 3)
Youmacon 2012: Aigis (SMT: Persona 3), Female Link (Legend of Zelda), Fionna (Adventure Time).
Youmacon 2013: Battle Suit Aigis (Persona 3), Female Kirin Armor (Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite)

Facebook me, brethren!
Yuuki_99x

First Anime: Rurouni Kenshin

Postby enkitama » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:26 pm

p sure i'm gonna be there and cosplaying SMT
guess whooo > u •
ImageImageImage
enkitama

First Anime: sailor moon

Postby Shockolate Energy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:14 pm

Well Me and my friends are going as Persona 4 cast except for a Teddie
Youmacon 14
Tsunade from Naruto- 100% completed
Yukkio from Persona 4 100% completed
Dragonite from Pokemon 100% completed
Kirio Hikifune from Bleach 60% completed
Shockolate Energy

First Anime: Saint Seiya

Postby I Ate My Lava Lamp » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:59 am

I decided I'll be bringing a Minako/FeMC outfit for this year! If I can get it together I'd also like to do a female uniform Naoto, but I'm not sure if that's happening. I'll definitely be in for some awesome photoshoot times. I have a friend coming I'm trying to convince to be Rise, so if that pulls through I'll have her too.
Youma 2012: Minako/FeMC (Persona 3)
I Ate My Lava Lamp

First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby kevnewsman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:30 pm

@BrokenFang

Thanks for the idea! I never thought of checking Joann. Do you happen to know the name of the pattern and any kind of material that works well for it. I'm pretty new to hand-making costumes haha
kevnewsman

First Anime: Bleach

Postby BrokenFang » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 pm

@kevnewsman
McCalls M4745 was the pattern. I don't know if you'll find it since it was kind of in the clearance section. I'm happy with how my cosplay turned out. I just have to add on the decorations to the collar and I'm done.

Here's a pic for anyone interested.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4356_n.jpg
2013 Cosplays
-----------------
BrokenFang

Next

Return to Cosplay: Video Game and Other