Cosplay Balloon Question

Includes masquerade, hall cosplay, Cosplay Shougi, the photo shoot gathering list, and guidelines.

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators, Cosplay Forums Moderators

Blushing Bunny
First Anime: Bleach

Cosplay Balloon Question

Postby Blushing Bunny » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Hello! My friend and I are cosplaying from the anime Love Live!, and our characters' outfits have balloons attached to them. We wanted to attach balloons to our own cosplays to be more accurate to the original version, but we were not sure if this would be allowed inside of the convention. I have not seen any rules against them, and have heard of other people doing this before at Youmacon, but I wasn't sure if there are any rules against this. We would not have a lot of them, maximum 5-7 each.
If it isn't allowed, we could always just wear them outside and release them before we enter the convention, but we just wanted to make sure first so we are not breaking any rules.
Thank you! :)
"Be strong and of a good courage; fear not, nor be afraid of them, for the Lord is always with you; He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." - Deuteronomy 31:6

Soloscythe
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: Cosplay Balloon Question

Postby Soloscythe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:58 pm

I've seen people carrying balloons but never anyone wearing them (except for a friend who dressed as a bunch of grapes one year for a Halloween party). I don't think it breaks any rules but I'd be careful with the elevators and the people mover popping your balloons so bring lots of extras.
Youmacon Cosplays
2009/10: Yin, Darker than Black
2011: Anya Alstreim, Code Geass
2012 : Sailor Jupiter; Asuna, Sword Art Online
2013: Nonon, Kill la Kill
2014: Tuxedo Mask, Sailor Moon Crystal
2015: Dazzler, Marvel
2016: Aquaman; Yuki/Erina, Food Wars!

Blushing Bunny
First Anime: Bleach

Postby Blushing Bunny » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:25 pm

Soloscythe wrote:I've seen people carrying balloons but never anyone wearing them (except for a friend who dressed as a bunch of grapes one year for a Halloween party). I don't think it breaks any rules but I'd be careful with the elevators and the people mover popping your balloons so bring lots of extras.

Thank you so much for your response! <3 We will definitely be bringing lots of extras ^-^
"Be strong and of a good courage; fear not, nor be afraid of them, for the Lord is always with you; He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." - Deuteronomy 31:6

foomin
First Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby foomin » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:52 am

Please do not release your balloons at the convention or anywhere else. When they eventually pop and fall to the ground they litter the ground and present dangerous problems for wildlife. You can read more about it here!
2015 lineup:
Naruko (Yowapeda) | Hinata (Haikyuu!) | Umaru (Himouto! Umaru-chan)
Nonon (KLK) | Maya Fey (Ace Attorney) | Female Student #? (Battle Royale)

Soloscythe
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Soloscythe » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:28 pm

Yes because all the other litter produced at the convention doesn't pose a threat to wildlife....

I don't see a problem with this as long as they aren't being released into the air.
Youmacon Cosplays
2009/10: Yin, Darker than Black
2011: Anya Alstreim, Code Geass
2012 : Sailor Jupiter; Asuna, Sword Art Online
2013: Nonon, Kill la Kill
2014: Tuxedo Mask, Sailor Moon Crystal
2015: Dazzler, Marvel
2016: Aquaman; Yuki/Erina, Food Wars!

Return to “Cosplay: General”