Youmacon 2015 Photoshoot Roster Information

Includes masquerade, hall cosplay, Cosplay Shougi, the photo shoot gathering list, and guidelines.

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators, Cosplay Forums Moderators

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Old School Gundam...:)

Youmacon 2015 Photoshoot Roster Information

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:37 pm

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST!!! THE LINKS TO THE SUBMISSION FORM AND THE LINKS TO THE ROSTER FILES ARE IN HERE!!!

WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE MULTI-STAGED YOUMACON 2015 PHOTOSHOOT LIST!!! I AM YOUR HOSTESS, MISS RAIJI, ALSO AFFECTIONATELY KNOWN AS MAMA KARKAT. I AM ASSISTING LAUREN AND HER YOUMACON CREW THIS YEAR TO TRY AND HOPEFULLY AVOID LAST YEARS FIASCO… @_@

NOW IF YOU'RE HERE IT MEANS YOUR ARE EITHER PLANNING A SHOOT OR LOOKING TO SEE IF ONE’S GOING ON FOR YOUR FANDOM!! SO COME IN, JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THE MASSIVE BLOCK OF TEXT BELOW FIRST. YES IT’S LONG, BUT TRUST ME LOTSA IMPORTANT INFO, AND TIPS AND STUFF… AND IF YOU READ IT ALL, MOST OF YOUR INITIAL QUESTIONS SHOULD BE ANSWERED...>.>
THIS INCLUDES POSSIBLE INFO PASSED TO ME BY LAUREN AND CREW FOR YOU TO KNOW/BE AWARE OF!!!

You can reach me (Miss Raiji) at raijimagiwind(at)gmail.com (USE "YOUMACON 2015 PHOTOSHOOTS" for a subject) or message me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/raijimagiwind
You can contact me here to add info for shoots, adjust days, times and so on...

To reach the Youmacon Live Events Staff, one can email lauren(at)youmacon.com or message Lauren Broschat on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chiyokorose

============================================

FIRST OFF THE BIG, BAD, UGLY AND NITTY GRITTY STUFF… PLUS IF YOU READ THE WHOLE THING, YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE TO ASK THE FAMOUS: “IS THERE A SHOOT FOR THIS?” TRUST ME THAT’S REALLY ANNOYING…>.>
IF YOU DON’T SEE A TIME, WELL, THEN FIRST USE THE MIGHTY SEARCH FEATURES ON THE YOUMACON FORUMS, FACEBOOK AND TUMBLR TO SEE IF ONE AIN’T GETTING PLANNED. IF ONE AIN’T THEN, WELL START ONE!!

THIS YEAR MISS RAIJI IS GETTING ALL FANCY… IF YOU WANT TO SET UP A PHOTOSHOOT YOU'RE GONNA GO FILL OUT THIS LOVELY FORM HERE: YOUMACON PHOTOSHOOT 2015 SUBMISSION FORM

CURRENT TENTATIVE SHOOT LOCATIONS FOR 2015:
-These are subject to change as locations are determined for sure by Youmacon Staff, but here’s the list I submitted of places for Youmacon to look at… and are some spots to consider...
REN CEN SIDE:
1. Wintergarden: LARGE SHOOT FRIENDLY!
2. Andiamo Mural - WGarden Level (Under Right Side Escalators When Facing WG)
3. Ren Cen Fitness Wall - WGarden Level (Under Left Side Escalators When Facing WG)
4: Riverfront Plaza Strip: LARGE SHOOT FRIENDLY!
BETWEEN RC AND COBO:
1. Mariners Church - Back Side: A nice location for smaller to medium groups. Also great for groups looking for a sort of Gothic architecture motif, or 'religious' styled backdrops. Such a spot would be optimal or a great backdrop for series' like Hellsing, D. Grayman, Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist) to name a few...
2: Hart Plaza: LARGE SHOOT FRIENDLY!
3. The "Stargate" - HPlaza: Nice for small shoots or shoots looking for a sort of alien world or portal like backdrop... so potential for things like Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, or other sorta sci-fi-ish shows...
COBO HALL:
1. South Atrium - Lower Level (Level 100): If a shoot goes here or chooses this space, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND a sign so ones fandom can find the photoshoot. @_@. I know I tried to find a few shoots last year here.
2. South Atrium - Upper Level (Level 200): LARGE SHOOT FRIENDLY!
3. "Gardner Wall": Behind Escalator to the People Mover

--ASSUME ALL SHOOTS ARE IN SPACE FOR ONE HOUR, UNLESS NOTED!!!! SOME MASSIVE SHOOTS MAY BE ALLOTTED TWO HOURS.

--THE RIVERFRONT, HART PLAZA, WINTERGARDEN, COBO HALL UPPER LEVEL SOUTH ATRIUM (AKA LEVEL 200; YOU CAN SEE THE CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL ACROSS THE STREET) ARE THE BEST SPOTS FOR LARGE AND MASSIVE GROUPS. JUST REMEMBER, BE NICE AND COOPERATE WITH EACH OTHER!! IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE GROUP IN AN AREA AT ONE TIME, THEN RAIJI SUGGESTS THE ORGANIZERS OF EACH SHOOT TAKE A MOMENT TO CONFER TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BEST UTILIZE THE SPACE AND KEEP FROM EACH OTHER STOMPING ON EACH OTHER.
ALSO BE WARNED, SHOOTS AFTER PROBABLY 6PM, OUTDOOR PHOTOSHOOTS MAY FIND LIGHTING TO BE A BIT IFFY, SO THOSE WITH POINT AND SHOOTS MAY WANT TO SWITCH TO A ‘HIGH ISO’ SETTING TO COMPENSATE. AND SHOOT LEADERS, TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION FOR YOUR PHOTOGRAPHERS FOR AFTER DARK SHOOTS. UNLESS YOU’RE PRESSED FOR TIME, GIVE A FEW EXTRA SECONDS FOR THEM SHOTS…

--FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY...STAY OUTTA THE GM CAR SHOWROOM!! WHILE THE IDEA OF TAKING EPIC PICS BY COOL CARS SOUNDS AWESOME, PLEASE SHOW SOME RESPECT TO OUR GM HOSTS AND JUST DON’T. BUT IF YOU MUST INSIST, SERIOUSLY BE RESPECTFUL AND STAY OFF THE EXPENSIVE MERCHANDISE... IN LIGHT OF THAT WARNING, IF YOU ARE ASKED TO LEAVE THE SHOWROOM SPACE, RESPECTFULLY COMPLY. DON’T GIVE THE GM BIG WIGS A REASON TO CUSS OUT OUR HARD WORKING YOUMACON STAFFERS. AND DON’T SOIL THE REPUTATION OF YOUR FELLOW FANS BY BEING THE DOUCHE WE COME AFTER WITH PITCHFORKS… >.>

--Please remember if you do move outside (or a different location from your original), a shoot whom already has claimed that space (by logging a request for the space) DOES get first rights. So if another shoot is already got dibs, then as the Riverwalk and Hart Plaza, are both quite huge, one can either move down a bit to a open area, or one should be civilized and converse with the other shoot organizers in the area and negotiate a way to share the space peacefully...This goes for any location, including other indoor locations.

--Shoot organizers should strongly support Cosplay is NOT Consent (and drill it in at the beginning of the shoot and again before pairing/shipping shots). This means for all shots, and pairings, if you want to do something with another person, YOU ASK!!!! AND RESPECT THEIR RESPONSE!!! And please keep it Con friendly folks. When in doubt ask the age of the person before doing something. You could get the shoot runners badge pulled (Yes some cons ARE doing this, holding the shoot organizer responsible for the whole group's actions), or they get arrested/charged for illegal or inappropriate shenanigans. Don't be surprised if they feel the urge to throw you in the Detroit River (and you REALLY don't wanna take a swim in there, trust us). Put it simply, if it’s not legal in the state of Michigan (or in the city of Detroit), or would be conduct that would be cause for badge revocation by Youmacon regulations, don't do it. Seriously, IT’S NOT WORTH IT!!!! IN OTHER WORDS IF THE SHOOT IS NOT LABELED 18+/AFTER DARK, KEEP IT PG-13!

You host may also happily turn you over to con staff, the local authorities or other agencies as required.
In lieu of this, this especially extends to kissing people. Just don’t. Unless you ask the person and they are fine with a ‘stage kiss’ or such, just don’t. Likely your shoot organizer will probably laugh at you if the other party smacks you. If you and the other party are close enough or know each other well enough (BFF’s, Couple, etc) and don’t mind actually locking lips, then fine, but still no sucking face like you’re a soul sucking Dementor from the Harry Potter universe….

Also, if at ANY TIME during a shoot, if you feel uncomfortable, due to harassment, or other issues DO NOT HESITATE to come see your shoot organizer and report it!!! A DECENT SHOOT ORGANIZER WILL STOP the shoot to take care of it. THEY SHOULD NOT TOLERATE ANY FORM OF HARASSMENT OR BULLYING!! Either within the group or from other con goers outside the group who come to try and 'Heckle the (Insert Fandom here)'.

--One does suggest you be on time, cause if you miss your shot, pairing or other such related shenanigans involving your character, then you're outta luck,cause some shoot organizers will not redo a shoot set, unless there's time(especially if it’s a large group and you have a lot of shot sets or pairing/shipping shots to get through). Some MIGHT consider doing a free-for-all or 'late arrivals' set at the end of the shoot (or before they get into pairing/shipping shots) for those who showed up late, but don't always count on it. Besides it’s a little rude (unless you have an emergency or something) to the host who spent all the time to set up the shoot for you and all the fellow fans when you're late and come crashing in and acting the fool.

Another reason to be on time...Your organizer might have other rules for you when the con (and event time) arrives, and these will be explained at the venue. This could include callings of the pairings (and shipping stuff),organizing the group and the photographers and so on. Trust me you don't wanna be the arse who gets yelled at for breaking the host’s rules because you weren't there to hear them in the first place cause you were late...

--REMEMBER Common sense…. and SEAL YOUR MAKEUP!!! If your character wears makeup, body paint or any sort of stuff that could get all over people, SEAL IT!!! Seriously. And if you still manage to get it on someone, at least be a gentleman (or woman) and offer to help clean it up or fix your error. It’s just respectful!
On the subject of cleaning up, YOU SHOULD LEAVE the space occupied CLEANER THEN YOU FOUND IT!!! That means pick up your crap, your wrappers and whatever else. Yes, even if it wasn’t you who chucked it. A good shoot organizer will likely have the entire remaining group help clean up the space before they leave the area. Remember, let’s show the venue, the city and our beloved Youmacon we have class (and are not a bunch of messy 3 year olds)….

Plus, tidying up your mess shows the city and venue you are all RESPONSIBLE adults (young or not), and will put on a good face for Youmacon when it comes time to renew contracts. Trust us, a venue remembers this sort of stuff. The con will have a much easier time renewing contracts with hotels and venues when its attendees act responsible and not like a bunch of fools...;) Not saying one cannot act a fool a little, but still, be responsible and know your limits man…

SEE YOU MADE IT MAN!!!! THAT WASN'T HARD NOW WAS IT? NOW ONTO THE FUN STUFF… THE PHOTOSHOOTS!!!!

============================================

|||
|||
|||
V
THIS YEAR MISS RAIJI IS KEEPING ALL THE STUFF OVER ON GOOGLE DRIVE...
EASIER TO MANAGE, EASIER TO LINK TO, AND JUST ALL AROUND LESS A NIGHTMARE TO DEAL WITH...

YOU CAN SEE THIS SAME INFO ABOVE WITH SHOOTS LISTED HERE --

Youmacon Photoshoot Roster - Trimmed Version
Youmacon 2015 Photoshoot List

OR

YOU CAN OOGLE THE SPREADSHEET FORMAT --
Youmacon 2015 Photoshoot Spreadsheet

The OFFICIAL con spreadsheet will go up after finalization and likely sometime after the 16th of October, when submissions close....
YOU'LL GO TO THE ABOVE LINKS SEE THE ACTUAL LISTS!!!!

- Love, Miss Raiji
Last edited by Raiji Magiwind on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf
--Go to my Scrib'd for the YoumaLingo Dictionary, Glomp Commandments and other fun stuff...

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee

Re: Youmacon 2015 Photoshoot Roster Information

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:16 am

UPDATES, NEW INFO AND NOTES

8-22-15:
Alright folks, some minor updates for the photoshoot stuff. Right now it looks as if the main OFFICIAL locations will be in Ren Cen and Cobo specifically, based on initial details.

Now for those who wish to still host their shoots at Mariner's Church, and Hart Plaza still can, but we may need to work out a set up for you of say, "Meet in Wintergarden, move to shoot location" scenario at least for the official side of things.. The Riverfront may also be included in this but that one is still up in the air. I will have more official final certainties on shoot locations likely in and around the end of September.

So shoots planning for one of the three locations above, please make sure to set up your shoots to announce you will meet at say the Wintergarden. Its the easiest location to meet for Riverfront, and those heading to Hart Plaza or the church. You can walk out as if going to Riverfront but just head along Atwater to the right till reach corner (Renaissance Drive) and go up that street away from the river. Literally the Church is at the corner of it and Jefferson pretty much and Hart Plaza just a touch further. You just have to be careful as you cross over, as you have to cross Renaissance Drive and the entry/exit to the Detroit/Windsor Tunnel.

Or just make sure those planning to attend or host them remind others to spread that for sake of official purposes the shoot will be listed as Wintergarden, but will migrate to the actual location.
Groups can do it this way to both have there shoot listed as 'official' while still catering to the group. While shoots at these locations will be at host discretion and we cannot guarantee if you won't be asked to leave. If such arises, comply peacefully and migrate elsewhere.

----------------------------------------------------

---PLEASE MAKE SURE WHEN YOU CREATE YOUR FB EVENT PAGE, YOU CHANGE THE SETTING TO PUBLIC!!!

HOW TO: Click "Events" on your side bar. When in your Event click Create Event.
Image 1: http://prntscr.com/8agrii

Image 2: http://prntscr.com/8agrpk
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf
--Go to my Scrib'd for the YoumaLingo Dictionary, Glomp Commandments and other fun stuff...

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:06 am

-BUMPITY BUMP-

Meanwhile the following are the shoots currently tentatively logged up...

Meanwhile Saturday is filling up FAST... not a whole lot of slots left... at least decent ones...

MISS RAIJI IS NOW SETTING AN ABSOLUTE CUT OFF DATE!!! ALL SHOOTS MUST BE IN BY 11:59pm EST ON OCTOBER 16TH. AFTER THIS DATE NO MORE SHOOTS WILL BE LOGGED!!! AFTER THIS DATE ALL HOSTS SHOULD KEEP AN EYE FOR CORRESPONDENCE FROM MYSELF (OR POSSIBLY LAURA) TO INFORM YOU OF FINAL SLOTS AND DETAILS. ONCE A SLOT GOES ORANGE, IT WILL BE HOW IT IS PRINTED ON THE FINAL SCHEDULE...

AS OF 9-10-15...

NOW LOGGED/"Registered":
Hetalia
Marvel
Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary
Noragami
RWBY
Homestuck
Doctor Who
D. Grayman
League of Legends
Akame ga Kill
Bioware
Assassin's Creed
Magi: Labyrinth of Magi/Kingdom of Magic
Kagerou Project/MekakuCity Actors
Death Parade
Final Fantasy
Psycho Pass (D-DAY 9/16)
Seraph of the End (D-DAY 9/16)
Yu-gi-oh
SMT/Persona and DARK HOUR: SMT/Persona
Rare/Obscure/Original
Fire Emblem
Mogeko - Games
Mikagura, School Suite
Cowboy Bebop & Space Dandy
Fairy Tail
Steins; Gate
Touhou Project
Kantai Collection (KanColle)
Naruto
Amnesia: Memories
Tokyo Ghoul
Akatsuki no Yona/ Yona of the Dawn
Fate/ Series (F/Stay; F/Zero; UBW)

I still need an event page or forum discussion thread for: Psycho Pass (“OJ Judd”), Seraph of the End (“OJ Judd”), Tokyo Ghoul (e-mailed and awaiting response)

If I do not hear something back from the current host who set up the shoots for Psycho Pass or Seraph of the End within the next week or if no one wishes to take over, both shoots WILL BE terminated from the schedule... D-DAY for Psycho Pass and Seraph of the End are 9/16/15…

Please feel free to keep tabs on the Youmacon Photoshoot Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Be aware times/locations are subject to change based on info as it is made available by the staff to me and various other factors. A green shaded cell is tentative and not officially locked yet as final time. Once it is 'locked' the cell will be shaded orange, meaning its the final time/location based on the fans and staff decisions.
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:08 am

-Bumps to the tune of the Imperial March from SW-

SHOOT LOG UPDATES...

AS OF 9-13-15...

NOW LOGGED/"Registered":
Hetalia
Marvel
Noragami
RWBY
Homestuck
Doctor Who
D. Grayman
League of Legends
Akame ga Kill
Bioware
Assassin's Creed
Death Parade
Final Fantasy
Psycho Pass
Seraph of the End
Yu-gi-oh
Rare/Obscure/Original
Fire Emblem
Mogeko - Games
Mikagura, School Suite
Fairy Tail
Steins; Gate
Touhou Project
Naruto
Tokyo Ghoul
One Piece **NEW**

I still need an event page or forum discussion thread for: Tokyo Ghoul (e-mailed and awaiting response)

Pleased to say the host for Seraph of the End and Psycho Pass did finally reach me, so the shoot are no longer on the chopping block, now just waiting on response from the Tokyo Ghoul host, so if you are the host for this one PLEASE check your email and contact me back....

Please feel free to keep tabs on the Youmacon Photoshoot Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Be aware times/locations are subject to change based on info as it is made available by the staff to me and various other factors. A green shaded cell is tentative and not officially locked yet as final time. Once it is 'locked' the cell will be shaded orange, meaning its the final time/location based on the fans and staff decisions.
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:44 pm

A REMINDER!!!! THE ABSOLUTE CUT OFF DATE IS DRAWING NEAR!!! ALL SHOOTS MUST BE IN BY 11:59pm EST ON OCTOBER 16TH. AFTER THIS DATE NO MORE SHOOTS WILL BE LOGGED!!! AFTER THIS DATE ALL HOSTS SHOULD KEEP AN EYE FOR CORRESPONDENCE FROM MYSELF (OR POSSIBLY LAURA) TO INFORM YOU OF FINAL SLOTS AND DETAILS. ONCE A SLOT GOES ORANGE, IT WILL BE HOW IT IS PRINTED ON THE FINAL SCHEDULE...

We may even start as soon as Oct. 1st in contacting you on shoot slots...so likely expect withing October to start possibly seeing me ping back hosts to confirm final slots....

Meanwhile the listing as of 9-29-2015

SHOOT LOG UPDATES...

NOW LOGGED/"Registered":
Hetalia
Marvel
Noragami
RWBY
Homestuck
Doctor Who
D. Grayman
League of Legends
Akame ga Kill
Bioware
Assassin's Creed
Death Parade
Final Fantasy
Psycho Pass
Seraph of the End
Yu-gi-oh
Rare/Obscure/Original
Fire Emblem
Mogeko - Games
Mikagura, School Suite
Fairy Tail
Steins; Gate
Touhou Project
Naruto
Tokyo Ghoul
One Piece
Black Butler **NEW**
Fullmetal Alchemist **NEW**
Love Live **NEW**
Pokemon **NEW**

SPECIALLY LOGGED (Requested via Youmacon for Addition):
--These groups are one that have been specially logged to be added per the cons request. They are open shoots with no set host or set up, so it will be at the discretion of the fans involved to figure out how they wish to run these shoots.

“FANDOMS”: Square Enix/Disney, Steampunk, Comic Book Heros/Villains, Dance Party, Internet Memes, Furry/Fursuiter/Anthro, Horror Manga/Anime/Video Games

Still need an event page or forum discussion thread (or someplace folks can go to learn more/get in touch with you) for: Pokemon

NEED SHOOTS: Confirmed To Get A Shoot/No Times Yet Set
--These fandoms are confirmed for getting a shoot in some form during the weekend of the list I was given of shoots to make sure are on the list (minus the ones that have already got a slot set up or fans have submitted for). Of course, Miss Raiji MUCH RATHER slot it into a slot the fans want (barring conflicts), then wherever she’s got free on the blocks, which are mostly at this point large swathes of Thursday night, Friday and Sunday…>.>

FANDOMS: Sword Art Online, Kill la Kill, Sailor Moon, Bleach, Soul Eater, Madoka, Attack on Titan, Uta no Prince-Sama, Sports anime & manga, Supernatural, Avatar/ Korra, Welcome to Night Vale, Orphan Black, Clone Club, Dramatical Murder, Borderlands, Capcom/ Tekken/ SNK (KoF), DC, Dongan Ronpa, Soul Calibur/ Guilty Gear/ BlazeBlue/ DoA, Hunter X Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hellsing, Free!, Vocaloid, My Little Pony, Valve, Bethesda, and Blizzard
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:54 pm

TENTATIVE UPDATES IN REGARDS TO THE GM MASK/WEAPONS RULE THAT WENT INTO EFFECT LAST YEAR!!!

AS IT STANDS THIS YEAR, BASED ON MY INITIAL CONVERSATIONS WITH LAUREN, IT APPEARS THE GM MASK/WEAPON POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR 2015.

BUT FROM THE UNDERSTANDING, IT SOUNDS AS IF THIS RULE WILL MAINLY BE MOSTLY IN EFFECT FOR THURSDAY AND FRIDAY BEFORE 5PM, WHEN GM IS STILL CONDUCTING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. AFTER 5PM THURSDAY AND FRIDAY AND DURING SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, WE SHOULD BE IN THE CLEAR. I SHALL UPDATE ON THIS AS I HEAR ANY UPDATES OR CLARIFICATIONS FROM LAUREN ON THIS MATTER. I OPTED TO ASK AS I FIGURED THIS WOULD BE A CONCERN OF GROUPS THIS YEAR AFTER WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR.

FROM MY INITIAL SCAN OVER, IT SEEMS MOST OF THE GROUPS PLANNING FOR USE OF THE WINTERGARDEN AREAS BEFORE 5PM SHOULD BE OK, THOUGH IF YOU FEEL YOU MAY NEED TO SHIFT TIMES FOR YOUR GROUP DUE TO THE WEAPON/MASK THING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND WE CAN FIGURE SOMETHING OUT FOR YOUR GROUP.

THE MAIN CONCERN OVER THIS MATTER WAS SINCE SOME GM MEMBERS SEEMED UNCOMFORTABLE OF THE MASKS AND WEAPONS DURING AT LEAST THE BUSINESS HOURS ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. I PERSONALLY FEEL I CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE THEY ARE COMING FROM IN THIS REGARD, PARTICULARLY WITH A LOT OF THE RECENT INCIDENTS SUCH AS SHOOTINGS AND OTHER SIMILAR EVENTS OVER PAST FEW YEARS.

I KNOW FROM LAST YEAR, THE MASK THING, WHEN I ASKED FOLKS FROM GM ABOUT IT WAS MORE CONCERNED ABOUT FULL FACE MASKS, THOUGH MIGHT BE FINE WITH LIKE HALF AND 3/4 STUFF BEING ON WHILE TAKING PHOTOS. I HAD ASKED FOR CLARIFICATION ON THAT PART LAST YEAR MYSELF SINCE I WAS COSPLAYING PHILEMON FROM PERSONA, WHOM HAS A 3/4 MASK FOR THE VERSION I DO.

AS FOR THE WEAPONS SIDE, IT SEEMED LAST YEAR THEY WE'RE MORE CONCERNED OVER REALISTIC WEAPON PROPS IF ANYTHING FROM WHAT I HAD SEEN AND DEALT WITH. SO THE FOCUS SEEMED TO BE TOWARDS PROPS THAT COULD BE MISTAKEN AS A REAL WEAPON, LIKE GUNS, SWORDS, WHIPS, ETC. I DON'T RECALL HEARING MANY ISSUES AS FAR AS STUFF THAT WAS OBVIOUS IT WASN'T A REAL WEAPON OR WAS SOMETHING THAT YOU COULD TELL WAS AN OBVIOUS FAKE...

EITHER WAY FOLKS, USE ONE'S SOUND JUDGEMENT ON THE SITUATION AND PROCEED WITH CAUTION AT LEAST BEFORE 5PM THURSDAY AND FRIDAY.

I CAN UNDERSTAND THERE WISH TO MAKE SURE STAFF FEELS SAFE DURING BUSINESS HOURS AND TO AT LEAST RESPECT POSSIBLE INTERNATIONAL GUESTS THEY MAY HAVE COMING IN HOUSE FOR MEETINGS WHO MAY NOT KNOW OF THE EVENT BEING HELD THERE THAT WEEKEND. SO PLEASE RESPECT THE GM STAFF AND OUR TIRELESS YOUMACON STAFFERS IF ASKED TO ABIDE BY THIS RULING AT LEAST FOR THURSDAY AND FRIDAY BEFORE 5PM. :)

Copy of conversations with Lauren for verification purposes:

Last edited by Raiji Magiwind on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:56 pm

THE FINAL REMINDER!!!! Meanwhile the deadline fast approaches for submitting to the photoshoot submissions....THE GOLDEN HOUR IS OCTOBER 16TH at 11:59PM. At MIDNIGHT, the register will close and final slotting will commence....AFTER THIS DATE NO MORE SHOOTS WILL BE LOGGED!!! AFTER THIS DATE ALL HOSTS SHOULD KEEP AN EYE FOR CORRESPONDENCE FROM MYSELF (OR POSSIBLY LAUREN) TO INFORM YOU OF FINAL SLOTS AND DETAILS. ONCE A SLOT GOES ORANGE, IT WILL BE HOW IT IS PRINTED ON THE FINAL SCHEDULE...

This includes the fandoms that have no shoot hosts...if it's a block in orange and the fandom isn't happy with the slot I chose (since on 'Must Have' List but no one stepped up to submit a shoot), you have till Friday to speak for a change or forever hold your peace...seriously. Crocodile tears, pitchforks and attempts at cursing me will only end poorly... I'm fair usually but tough...

REMINDERS FOR PANELISTS/SHOOT HOSTS....
ATTENTION!!!! For any panelists whom have also opted to host a photoshoot as well, please let me know so I can confer with you alongside Lauren if needed in case we need to adjust your photoshoot times so they don't interfere with your panel times if applicable. We do wanna try and make sure you can still do both. Preferably without you having to attempt a 2 minute lung bursting sprint through the City of Detroit from Ren Cen to Cobo or vice versa...@_@.
So if you are a photoshoot host AND panelist, please message me with you panel names and times as well as the shoots your running... if needed so I can make sure your not having any conflicts with any shoots you are running. This is if you notice any conflicts.
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE CONTACTED ME, YOUR GOOD. IF NOT, BETTER HURRY!!!!

Meanwhile the whittle down begins and with it the shift from green to orange for photoshoots. Once the shoot goes orange, unless something comes up, to which I will notify the hosts, it is set in stone for time/location/date.

ANOTHER REMINDER: For shoots at Hart Plaza, Riverfront, Mariner's Church and the Stargate.... The 'block' on the official schedule for your shoots will be labeled as "WINTERGARDEN: MEET AND MOVE". SHOOTS IN THIS BLOCK WILL BE FORMATTED AS SUCH: Example- Assassin's Creed (Mariner's Church). The 'actual' location chosen by the hosts will be in parentheses after the fandom name. This was one of the ways I worked to try and compromise to make both sides happy. So if you are attending these shoots, be aware that the location to go to will be in parentheses after the series name...

Meanwhile the listing as of 10-10-2015

CURRENT REGISTERED SHOOTS: 91 FANDOMS/SERIES REPRESENTED ROUGHLY @_@ :bow:
SWEET JEGUS CHRISTMAS TREE...THAT'S LITERALLY LIKE ROUGHLY 2 SHOOTS PER HOUR FOR THE DURATION OF YOUMACON FROM 5PM THURSDAY-6PM SUNDAY (ROUGHLY 73 HOURS GIVE OR TAKE)...>.>

SHOOT LOG UPDATES...

NOW LOGGED/"Registered":
Hetalia
Marvel
Noragami
RWBY
Homestuck
Doctor Who
D. Grayman
League of Legends
Akame ga Kill
Bioware
Assassin's Creed
Death Parade
Final Fantasy
Psycho Pass
Seraph of the End
Yu-gi-oh
Rare/Obscure/Original
Fire Emblem
Mogeko - Games
Mikagura, School Suite
Fairy Tail
Steins; Gate
Touhou Project
Naruto
Tokyo Ghoul
One Piece
Black Butler
Fullmetal Alchemist
Love Live
Pokemon
Tales of... Series'
Valve/TF2
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure
Dangan Ronpa/SDR2/DR:A
DC Universe
Godsibb: Xenogears/Xenosaga/Xenoblade
Capcom/ Tekken/ SNK (KoF)
Kill La Kill **NEW**
Vocaloid **NEW**
Kuroko No Basuke **NEW**
Steven Universe **NEW**
Five Night’s At Freddy’s **NEW**
Mad Max: Fury Road **NEW**
The Walking Dead **NEW**
Gravity Falls **NEW**
Yuri/Shojo-Ai (ID REQUESTED/18+ RECOMMENDED) **NEW**

SPECIALLY LOGGED (Requested via Youmacon for Addition):
--These groups are one that have been specially logged to be added per the cons request. They are open shoots with no set host or set up, so it will be at the discretion of the fans involved to figure out how they wish to run these shoots.

“FANDOMS”: Square Enix/Disney, Steampunk, Comic Book Heros/Villains, Dance Party, Internet Memes, Furry/Fursuiter/Anthro, Horror Manga/Anime/Video Games

Sailor Moon, Sword Art Online, Bleach, Soul Eater, Madoka, Attack on Titan, Uta no Prince-Sama, Sports Anime & Manga, Orphan Black, Clone Club, Dramatical Murder, Free!, My Little Pony, Uta no Prince-Sama, Supernatural, Welcome to Night Vale, Soul Calibur/Guilty Gear/BlazeBlue/DoA, Hunter X Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hellsing, Bethesda, Blizzard

PENDING LOGGING (Submitted, but in queue to be logged)
--Basically these are just awaiting me to plug them in.

“FANDOMS”: Borderlands (awaiting for host to officially submit the shoot via form)

Suggested: Legend of Zelda, LotR, Nintendo, Kingdom Hearts

Please feel free to keep tabs on the Youmacon Photoshoot Spreadsheet...
Last edited by Raiji Magiwind on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:55 am

Alright as these fandoms have not really gathered to give me a consensus on when they which to meet (not even at least some suggestions), especially those I know there has been discussion for... it is now time to divvy up these fandoms to MY whim.... Anything in these fandoms as it stands, unless I get a request in by FRIDAY the 16th, are gonna permanently stay at the slot I choose for location/time and date. If you are not happy as a fandom for it, you have TILL FRIDAY to petition a change, and as many of the prime slots are now full (especially for the 'choice locations'), I cannot guarantee you will get your new slot....

Anywho these are the fandoms on the 'block' for MIss Raiji's Choice:
NEED SHOOTS: Confirmed To Get A Shoot/No Times Yet Set
--These fandoms are confirmed for getting a shoot in some form during the weekend of the list I was given of shoots to make sure are on the list (minus the ones that have already got a slot set up or fans have submitted for). Of course, Miss Raiji MUCH RATHER slot it into a slot the fans want (barring conflicts), then wherever she’s got free on the blocks, which are mostly at this point large swathes of Thursday night, Friday and Sunday…>.>

FANDOMS: Sword Art Online, Kill la Kill, Bleach, Soul Eater, Madoka, Attack on Titan, Uta no Prince-Sama, Sports Anime & Manga, Supernatural, Avatar/ Korra, Welcome to Night Vale, Orphan Black, Clone Club, Dramatical Murder, Borderlands, Soul Calibur/ Guilty Gear/ BlazeBlue/ DoA, Hunter X Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hellsing, Free!, Vocaloid, My Little Pony, Bethesda, and Blizzard
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:16 am

ROUGHLY 36 HOURS REMAIN TILL PHOTOSHOOT SUBMISSION FOR YOUMACON 2015 ARE PERMANENTLY CLOSED!!! SO GET THOSE LAST MINUTE SUBMISSIONS IN. AS ITS MY DAY OFF TOMORROW. I WILL LIKELY BE GOING THROUGH STUFF MOST OF DAY....in between cleaning out the closet and deciding what stuff needs to go...>.>

THE GOLDEN HOUR IS OCTOBER 16TH at 11:59PM. At MIDNIGHT, the register will close and final slotting will commence....
AFTER THIS DATE NO MORE SHOOTS WILL BE LOGGED!!! AFTER THIS DATE ALL HOSTS SHOULD KEEP AN EYE FOR CORRESPONDENCE FROM MYSELF TO INFORM YOU OF FINAL SLOTS AND DETAILS. ONCE A SLOT GOES ORANGE, IT WILL BE HOW IT IS PRINTED ON THE FINAL SCHEDULE...

This includes the fandoms that have no shoot hosts...if it's a block in orange and the fandom isn't happy with the slot I chose (since on 'Must Have' List but no one stepped up to submit a shoot), you have till Friday to speak for a change or forever hold your peace...seriously.

Crocodile tears, bribes, pitchforks and attempts at cursing me will only end poorly... I'm fair usually but tough...

ANOTHER REMINDER: For shoots at Hart Plaza, Riverfront, Mariner's Church and the Stargate.... The 'block' on the official schedule for your shoots will be labeled as "WINTERGARDEN: MEET AND MOVE". SHOOTS IN THIS BLOCK WILL BE FORMATTED AS SUCH: Example- Assassin's Creed (Mariner's Church).
The 'actual' location chosen by the hosts will be in parentheses after the fandom name. This was one of the ways I worked to try and compromise to make both sides happy. So if you are attending these shoots, be aware that the location to go to will be in parentheses after the series name...

MEANWHILE ANY FANDOMS WHO ARE INTERESTED OR PLANNING IN DOING (Official or Unofficial) 18+ SHOOTS OR "AFTER DARK" MEETUPS, PLEASE CHECK ALL ID'S AND SET UP A METHOD FOR WHICH YOU CAN SHOW ID STATUS IS CHECKED (STAMP/MARKER ON HAND/WRISTBANDS/ETC.). THIS IS FOR ANY SHOOTS THAT DO 18+, YAOI, YURI, AND HENTAI. PLEASE SET THESE SHOOTS FOR AFTER 9PM, AS FOR MANY CONS THIS COMMENCES USUALLY "AFTER DARK" HOURS, WHEN USUALLY MORE 'ADULT ORIENTED' PROGRAMING STARTS.
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf

Raiji Magiwind
Platinum Attendee

Postby Raiji Magiwind » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:46 am

JUST ROUGHLY 15 AND A HALF HOURS REMAIN TILL PHOTOSHOOT SUBMISSIONS FOR YOUMACON 2015 ARE PERMANENTLY CLOSED!!! SO GET THOSE LAST MINUTE SUBMISSIONS IN!!!!

THE GOLDEN HOUR IS TONIGHT OCTOBER 16TH at 11:59PM. At MIDNIGHT, THE REGISTRAR WILL CLOSE AND FINAL SLOTTING WILL COMMENCE!!

AFTER THIS DATE NO MORE SHOOTS WILL BE LOGGED!!! AFTER THIS DATE ALL HOSTS SHOULD KEEP AN EYE FOR CORRESPONDENCE FROM MYSELF TO INFORM YOU OF FINAL SLOTS AND DETAILS. ONCE A SLOT GOES ORANGE, IT WILL BE HOW IT IS PRINTED ON THE FINAL SCHEDULE...

THIS INCLUDES THE FANDOMS THAT HAVE NO SHOOT HOSTS...IF IT'S A BLOCK IN ORANGE AND THE FANDOM ISN'T HAPPY WITH THE SLOT I CHOSE (SINCE ON 'MUST HAVE' LIST BUT NO ONE STEPPED UP TO SUBMIT A SHOOT), YOU HAVE TILL TONIGHT, FRIDAY OCTOBER 16TH, TO SPEAK FOR A CHANGE OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE...SERIOUSLY.

CROCODILE TEARS, BRIBES, PITCHFORKS AND ATTEMPTS AT CURSING ME WILL ONLY END POORLY... I'M FAIR USUALLY BUT TOUGH...

FINAL REMINDER: FOR SHOOTS AT HART PLAZA, RIVERFRONT, MARINER'S CHURCH AND THE STARGATE.... THE 'BLOCK' ON THE OFFICIAL SCHEDULE FOR YOUR SHOOTS WILL BE LABELED AS "WINTERGARDEN: MEET AND MOVE". SHOOTS IN THIS BLOCK WILL BE FORMATTED AS SUCH: EXAMPLE- ASSASSIN'S CREED (MARINER'S CHURCH).

THE 'ACTUAL' LOCATION CHOSEN BY THE HOSTS WILL BE IN PARENTHESES AFTER THE FANDOM NAME. THIS WAS ONE OF THE WAYS I WORKED TO TRY AND COMPROMISE TO MAKE BOTH SIDES HAPPY. SO IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THESE SHOOTS, BE AWARE THAT THE LOCATION TO GO TO WILL BE IN PARENTHESES AFTER THE SERIES NAME...

PLEASE READ FIRST POST FOR THE LINKS....
Raiji's Scrib'd Shelf

Return to “Cosplay: General”