Modern Kanabo for Cosplay Prop?

Includes masquerade, hall cosplay, Cosplay Shougi, the photo shoot gathering list, and guidelines.

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators, Cosplay Forums Moderators

Arsenul
First Anime: HSOTD

Modern Kanabo for Cosplay Prop?

Postby Arsenul » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:12 am

So I made this modern kanabo for my cosplay prop. I got it approved for Shuto Con but I still need a to know if I can use it for Youmacon. It's made from a wooden baseball bat and domed head furniture nails on the outside. The domed heads are pretty much smooth and flush against the bat's surface. Here's a photo.
Also I have a scabbard for it.

Arsenul

Re: Modern Kanabo for Cosplay Prop?

Postby Arsenul » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:14 am

I realize it's big but click the image for the full photo.

Arsenul

Postby Arsenul » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:31 pm

A answer for this would be amazing.

ISOS_Duke
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew/Pokemon

Postby ISOS_Duke » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:17 pm

This is just copy/pasta'd from the Youmacon Faq page (URL included > Here <)

"No metal weapons, real firearms, or props loaded with high-velocity projectiles. Realistic weapon props may be peace-bonded at the discretion of security or masquerade staff. Props should be carried and posed with in a way that does not inconvenience or injure other attendees."

From that, I would surmise that it will be directly up to Youmacon staff as to if they see the weapon as something safe. Personally I wouldn't see so much of an issue, but I'll also be carrying around a 6+ foot tall scythe >.>

Ahh, the page also says that you can email cosplay@youmacon.com for a "good solid answer".
Cosplays
2015 - Mega Rayquaza (Pokemon)
2015 - Inquisitor Levallen (Dragon Age Inquisition)
2014 -Queen Elsa (Frozen)
2013 - Ruby (RWBY)

Arsenul

Postby Arsenul » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:53 pm

ISOS_Duke wrote:This is just copy/pasta'd from the Youmacon Faq page (URL included > Here <)

"No metal weapons, real firearms, or props loaded with high-velocity projectiles. Realistic weapon props may be peace-bonded at the discretion of security or masquerade staff. Props should be carried and posed with in a way that does not inconvenience or injure other attendees."

From that, I would surmise that it will be directly up to Youmacon staff as to if they see the weapon as something safe. Personally I wouldn't see so much of an issue, but I'll also be carrying around a 6+ foot tall scythe >.>

Ahh, the page also says that you can email cosplay@youmacon.com for a "good solid answer".

Love ya. Thanks!

ISOS_Duke
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew/Pokemon

Postby ISOS_Duke » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Oh not a problem! I've been keeping an eye on the rules myself for future costumes and props XP
Cosplays
2015 - Mega Rayquaza (Pokemon)
2015 - Inquisitor Levallen (Dragon Age Inquisition)
2014 -Queen Elsa (Frozen)
2013 - Ruby (RWBY)

Return to “Cosplay: General”