Question about the Masquerade

Includes masquerade, hall cosplay, Cosplay Shougi, the photo shoot gathering list, and guidelines.

Moderators: MagiusT, Public Moderators, Cosplay Forums Moderators

ToxicBeauty
First Anime: Inuyasha

Question about the Masquerade

Postby ToxicBeauty » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:53 am

Hi, I had a quick question about the cosplay contest. I had emailed the cosplay division quite some time ago about entering a genderbend cosplay into the contest, I was told this wasn't aloud. I however looked over your rules and you said that you would accept Gijinka versions of pokemon, as long as you have a reference picture. Now my question is Why would a genderbend cosplay not be aloud, even if it follows the characters looks except made feminie (refrence pictures of orignal character would be provided), but Gijinka cosplays which are fanmade are aloud?!

Thank you for your time
<3 Amanda

Hikaruchan
Live Programming Staff
First Anime: Battle of the Planets / Gatchaman

Re: Question about the Masquerade

Postby Hikaruchan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:28 am

The main problem I see is that if you are changing the design of the outfit, then your score for accuracy could go down to 0 depending on how drastically you are changing the design to make it femme. Like instead of armor & puffy pants & a straight wig you have the character in bows, a short skirt & huge pigtail wig.

ToxicBeauty
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby ToxicBeauty » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:20 am

Thanks for the reply Hikaruchan

My design idea for Gaara isn't changing anything drastically, I just took his different aspecs and made it feminie. For example his pants I made into thigh high leggins, his long coat is now split into a top and skirt seperately, and his coat top is still long sleeved on one side and the other has a seperate sleeve. Otherwise Everything else is Exactly Gaara, hair, makeup, gourd, belts, vest even th kazekage hat.

Would I still beable to enter and just take the chance that my acuracy would drop?!

Hikaruchan
Live Programming Staff
First Anime: Battle of the Planets / Gatchaman

Postby Hikaruchan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:00 am

You could check to enter when you get to the con, but there is no guaranty you would get a spot especailly if the head said no earlier. With what you describe your points would more be for your gourd, wig and makeup & what parts of the outfit that exactly match what Gaara wears. Since you sounds like you would be losing major accuracy points there on clothes, you probably would be out of the running for the major awards but could still be in the eligible pool for judges award.

Return to “Cosplay: General”