Interesting Things Found on the Floor

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our third year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Dark_Shinigami

Postby Dark_Shinigami » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:22 pm

i didn't find anything but i know i left my fma 1 my bleach 1and 3 and one of my most prized possesions: my limited addition, double-disc, with extra commentery book, with limited adition postcard, fma conquerer of shamballa dvd. :cry:
Youmacon [2008]possibly-
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Revy (Black Lagoon)
Halibel (Bleach)
Captain Yoruichi(Bleach)

Yakushi

Postby Yakushi » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:49 pm

eheh ^^; i came into possession of a plastic grenade I believe the Hunk Cosplayer dropped (probably after posing for a picture)

I made it my mission to chase him down all day but alas I never found him

I failed >.<....~ but now I have a nifty souvenir ^^; donno if I'll ever meet ya dude but sorry about that- i tried

I also found more weapons, a pair of fake iron knuckles; but just to be sure someone wasn't coming back for em, i moved them a little out of harms way (they were in the parking lot!) and checked back later to make sure the owner came back- they were gone so i was hoping so; bet they belonged to an Asuma-san?

well either way twas a most amsuing event; ^^ i myself gave away several shurikens to a chosen group I have befriended

yes, yes most wonderous times

Stuckonharuko

Postby Stuckonharuko » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:40 pm

Yakushi wrote:eheh ^^; i came into possession of a plastic grenade I believe the Hunk Cosplayer dropped (probably after posing for a picture)

I failed >.<....~ but now I have a nifty souvenir ^^; donno if I'll ever meet ya dude but sorry about that- i tried

I also found more weapons, a pair of fake iron knuckles; but just to be sure someone wasn't coming back for em, i moved them a little out of harms way (they were in the parking lot!) and checked back later to make sure the owner came back- they were gone so i was hoping so; bet they belonged to an Asuma-san?

well either way twas a most amsuing event; ^^ i myself gave away several shurikens to a chosen group I have befriended

hmmm *starts looking for his chakra knives* i dont think i lost mine. and cabbit isnt here to tell me where they are *^_^* i always end up asking her where things are. she always knows.

cabitt511

Postby cabitt511 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:29 am

Stuckonharuko wrote:
Yakushi wrote:eheh ^^; i came into possession of a plastic grenade I believe the Hunk Cosplayer dropped (probably after posing for a picture)

hmmm *starts looking for his chakra knives* i dont think i lost mine. and cabbit isnt here to tell me where they are *^_^* i always end up asking her where things are. she always knows.

I actually think I might have taken them home with me by accident, but, other wise they're probably in the spare room with the rest of the Naruto cosplay stuff (underneath the maid cosplay and on the chair), lol.

I want a grenade! Haruko won't let me play with explody stuff. ;_; Or sharp objects.... XD
I think I've just tied my arm to my obi: kimono 911

Naiiki
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Naiiki » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:28 pm

The Commodore wrote:Free money, and you didn't take it?

I saw someone drop $5 the other day at school. It became mine.

Just like that $1, eh? xD

cattycat

Postby cattycat » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:36 pm

Tatsu_loves_Akito wrote:
cattycat wrote:Not this year, but last year I once found a lot of delicous snacks in a corner that nobody seemed to claim. Unfortuanately, the ingrediants were in Japanese and my allergist told me strictly not to eat anything where the ingrediants are illegible especially if they are of an oriental origin since the Asians tend to use peanuts a lot.

I know what you mean I can't eat something unless i know whats in it but thats because Ima vegetarian and it only sucks when i find something like that or get offered food i have to make sure it doesn't have animal products other that milk or eggs in it

Yeah, but you chose to be a vegetarian or you can always become an omnivore again, I can't, I got my allergy because my mom made the mistake of feeding me peanuts too early when I was a baby and it scarred my immune system, and now its with me forever and there is no way for me to have peanuts, even though there is said to be cures, I'm not sure if they are safe.
Okay! I am 100% confirmed that I will be going to Youmacon one way or another. Look for me as Ana from Earthbound Zero and Splash Woman from Megaman 9 while you are there.

Yakushi

Postby Yakushi » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:25 pm

cattycat wrote:
Tatsu_loves_Akito wrote:
cattycat wrote:Not this year, but last year I once found a lot of delicous snacks in a corner that nobody seemed to claim. Unfortuanately, the ingrediants were in Japanese and my allergist told me strictly not to eat anything where the ingrediants are illegible especially if they are of an oriental origin since the Asians tend to use peanuts a lot.

I know what you mean I can't eat something unless i know whats in it but thats because Ima vegetarian and it only sucks when i find something like that or get offered food i have to make sure it doesn't have animal products other that milk or eggs in it

Yeah, but you chose to be a vegetarian or you can always become an omnivore again, I can't, I got my allergy because my mom made the mistake of feeding me peanuts too early when I was a baby and it scarred my immune system, and now its with me forever and there is no way for me to have peanuts, even though there is said to be cures, I'm not sure if they are safe.

hey we're one in the same then; I am deathly ill to all forms of nuts and their contaminants due to my severe allergies; i feel your pain : ( I can only eat one brand of candy bar and pretty much chocolate from other sources other than japan.

Actually; Japanese food is the one place that is SAFE- they do not cook with peanut oil and their foods are such a basic structure that they see no point in including an ingredient that will not be tasted to its fullest. So for example, you will ONLY find almonds if it is almond flavored (or a snack mix but that is to be expected). Naturally i gorged myself- but i spent hours almost trying to lick something before first taking a bite of anything new

You don't have to believe me, I wouldn't either; I wouldn't even believe my host family. But rest assured i WILL go into anaphlyactic shock the second I lick a contaminated object

They do not use main contaminate product labels either; so if for example i ran across a box of pocky with a MAY CONTAIN statement; it was likely slapped on by the US industry

hmm there is a number of theories as to why people get allergies; I don't know your specific situation, but I don't think it is 100% your mother's fault; I myself probably would have become ill no matter what; could be weaker immune system that is passed down through years of dormant genes; could be the diet your mother ate when she was pregnant or even before it- i myself was at least over one year old I think when I tried my first sample

but hey- not trying to argue, it is none of my business, just thought I'd let you know there is people who sympathize

cattycat

Postby cattycat » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:34 am

Actually, it wouldn't be my mother, it would be her friend named Karen who suggested it.

Really? The safest? It might just be the Tai and Chinese food then, I don't know, I'm just following advice from my allergist you know since he knows best...

But yeah, I have anaphylaxis too, and my blood pressure will drop dangerously low and I can die within minutes if I don't get treated right away, infact, I was really close to dieing when I was four because of it and I'm not allergic to almonds or walnuts, just peanuts and thats it.

But I don't know... thats true, but to me, thats the most likely thing, either that or the injections that the doctors gave me weakened my immune system.

Edit: Yeah, candy bars, I can't have M and M's because the shells contain traces even if they are plain chocolate I still can't, I can't have Twix, Snickers, Crunch, Milky Way bars, the only thing I can really have is Almond Joy (seriously, almond are a godsend, they substitute peanuts in recipies easily!) and stuff from Canada.
Okay! I am 100% confirmed that I will be going to Youmacon one way or another. Look for me as Ana from Earthbound Zero and Splash Woman from Megaman 9 while you are there.

Yakushi

Postby Yakushi » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:45 pm

yes! Go Canada I hadn't had a kit kat bar since I was 4 until I found their PEANUT free stuff!

same here man, same here- instant death; not fun >.<
**** I can't even have almond Joy- all I get is woppers and a hershey cookies and cream bar (and the normal but no king size or mini)

but bleh ^^ glad ya see where I am coming from; yeah allergists are good people to trust, just letting ya know from personal experience Japanese food isn't all that scary ^.~ nice meetin' ya. Not enough of us allergy sufferers in the world- sometimes I feel like the only one

ahh well don't mean to clog up the forum with an allergy rant ^^; sorry guys
continue on with your youma-moments ^.~

Tatsu_loves_Akito

Postby Tatsu_loves_Akito » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:21 pm

cattycat wrote:
Tatsu_loves_Akito wrote:

aww im sorry :cry: (being serious) but its actually not a choice anymore though my body can handle it i can't mentally because i'm too sensitive and can't handle the thought of another creature dying just so i can have something as(my concious sees it anyway)frivolous as that(not here to argue just explaining why i can't) and basicaly it would take a LOT of mental reteaching for me to use animals in that way... again i'm not trying to argue i was just trying to say i know how you feel
[b][u]Tentative Schedule[/u][/b]
[b]Thursday:[/b] Iron Man
[b]Friday:[/b] Redcoat England(hetalia)
[b]Saturday:[/b] Mom(Homestuck), Snowman(Homestuck)
[b]Sunday:[/b] Raku(NSG)

xxxLain

Postby xxxLain » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:45 am

I found a condom on the floor.

It was akward to say the least. lol

Rei

Postby Rei » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:53 pm

xxxLain wrote:I found a condom on the floor.

****, that was mine.

XD I kid. I would have been laughing pretty hard if I found one on the floor.
Cosplays for '09:
Medusa(stage 2) from Soul Eater
RED Scout from Team Fortress 2

Xuchilvara

Postby Xuchilvara » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:56 pm

It could've been worse... it could have been a used condom. D:>

cattycat

Postby cattycat » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Xuchilvara wrote:

It could've been worse... it could have been a used condom. D:>

Yeah, I would so freak out!!

Naiiki
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Naiiki » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:15 pm

Xuchilvara wrote:It could've been worse... it could have been a used condom. D:>

Uh… I found one of those… T____T It was pretty gross.

Return to “2007 Memories”