The Official Youmacon Feedback Thread

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our third year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Operations DH
First Anime: Candy Candy

The Official Youmacon Feedback Thread

Postby tohru_tohru » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:49 pm

Well, another con has come and gone. We thank all of you who attended, and we'd like to know how we did. Please let us know the good and the bad, recommendations for improvements, and kudos (we like those too). If you'd rather remain anonymous, feel free to PM with the subject "Attendee Feedback". Thanks, and post away!
"Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now."
-- Alan Lakein

First Anime: Yu Yu Hakusho

Postby Sirene » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:10 pm

This was my first convention, and I have to say, it was absolutely amazing! I had so much fun. Everyone was incredibly friendly, and the atmosphere of the entire event was so positive and energetic. Best weekend of my life, seriously.

Thank you so much for securing Quinton Flynn and Jeff Nimoy as guests! Their panel was wonderful and absolutely hilarious. (omg they hugged meee~ :D)

One thing, though! The Registration line on Friday was pretty lengthy, and I'm sure it was that way on Saturday (though I didn't attend that day). We missed a few panels we would've loved to see because we were stuck in line so long!

Perhaps for next year (if the computers decide not to work again), you could hand the forms out and have everyone fill them out while they're waiting in line. It would save a lot of time, as everyone would just have to walk up to the window, turn in their money and any required forms, grab a badge, and head out!

It's just an idea, though~. (I think I heard another lady mention it to a staff member, too.)

Overall, though, Youmacon was amazing. I can't wait until next year! And at the Hyatt, too... It's going to be great~!
x. youma '12 cosplay
thurs: ???
fri: Super Sailor Jupiter (SM); Azula (ATLA)
sat: Batgirl (YJ); Asami (LoK)
sun: ???

Postby Nami_Kage » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:36 pm

I loved pretty much all of it but there was one thing i didnt really like. I think we need more room for the Masquerade next year because the room reached maximum capacity, my friend and i couldnt get in.
Sakura Haruno (Shippuuden, Naruto) -- 100%
Maka (Soul Eater) -- 100%
C2 (Code Geass) -- 20%
Rainbow-BakaProductions=Craziness XD

Postby Signaturezero » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:45 pm

it was fun and all. i was only there sunday.. but the only problem is i had no friends to talk to...
Youmacon 09 possible cosplays:
Kiba- Naruto
L- Deathnote

Postby mkkmypet » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:49 pm

youmacon on saturday was the most fun day of my entire life, no joke. everything was great. though it will help having the dealers' room being bigger next year, it was pretty cramped and my bare L toes got stepped on a few times x3

Postby Rei » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:56 pm

This year around was amazingly run. Much better then last year. Security was very fair, people were sweet as always, and the line for badges was actually fairly quick. I enjoyed this youmacon much more then I did last year. Very nice improvement, youmacon 07 staff!
Cosplays for '09:
Medusa(stage 2) from Soul Eater
RED Scout from Team Fortress 2

Postby Quii » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:00 pm

Signaturezero wrote:it was fun and all. i was only there sunday.. but the only problem is i had no friends to talk to...

Hah, look for Shippuden Sakura and Howl next year, we're always looking for buddies! <3

First Anime: Dragonball z

Postby shinigami2086 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:01 pm

As my first con I'll have to say that it was awesome even though comuniting from the embassy the the hilton sucked a night. The staff were awesome and everything.
Making contracts, one "person"at a time

Postby Gin-Rouge » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:02 pm

Loved how everything was set up. i havent had that much fun i a while

Postby Vinny » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:04 pm

I really did have a great time. The only things that ruined my time there in any way were my occasional costume screw ups ^_^;; But i always got them fixed and continued having fun. Next year I really hope you find a bigger hotel. with lots of windows to open so the heat doesnt kill the con goers with the really warm costumes like me. X_X Ugh that was evil. Oh and... EVERYBODY SHOWER PLEASE XD grrr

Postby emmers » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:05 pm

I went with a bunch of my friends and we had never been to a con before, so we were sort of nervous. But, when we got there, it was very, not relaxing, but, I dunno, I can't think of an adjective. The line was a little lengthy on Saturday to get badges, but we were so hyped up it didn't seem that long. My dad was with us, and he was a little, okay a lot overwhelmed by all that was going on...and the ladies at the registration desk were really nice and everything.

The Youma Note was really helpful, and we had no trouble finding anything. I didn't stay very long, but I can NOT wait until next year (Only 361 more days ^^;). It was amazing over all. (:
ha. o_o

Postby AyaYuna » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:11 pm

My youmacon experience was absolutely amazing. I was able to make it for the most part of all three days. I pre-registered so I didn't have to wait in the horrendous line! AH HA!

The panels were all fun and informative, and even just walking around was a blast. I adored the con suite, saved my life on friday. The the last times we went on saturday and sunday we managed to get there 5 minutes after we ended TT.TT

And every one was so nice. I made some friends.

Also, I LOVED the youma note. I thoght that was a really creative idea. Good job on that one!

Oh, and I feel a little bad for the hotel. I saw on sunday that one of pillars in the lobby got SMASHED. I heard it was from a little glomping gone wrong.
Youmacon plans-
Blossom- PPG
Koto- Yu yu Hakusho

Gaming Staff

Postby ashurii » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:14 pm

Some of the staff people were not very friendly. There were a few cases that occurred, but one that particularly sticks out is a conversation I had with one of the people hosting the game room. The schedule said that the Soul Calibur tournament started at 6:00 PM but when I arrived, I was told that it actually started an hour earlier. Of course I was upset, and I was complaining to my friend about it. One of the gaming staff was being really rude by trying to blame me by saying "oh, it's been posted for two days. you should've known, etc., etc." Never once did he actually acknowledge the inconvenience that the rescheduling had caused for people who actually followed the official schedule.

The problem that I'm upset about is not that the schedule is inconsistent. I was more upset about how the rescheduling of the tournament was not formally announced and how rude that staff guy was to me.

The crowds of people also seemed to make other staff members pretty grumpy as well. I know that sometimes crowds can be annoying, but as a staff member you have to know how to be polite to the attendees, even if they are super annoying.

Postby AyaYuna » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:16 pm

Hmmm. I had no problem with staff at all. I made friends with some of them, and others were very helpful when we had a few questions.

Youmacon plans-

Blossom- PPG

Koto- Yu yu Hakusho

Postby Katmouse » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:23 pm

Like I said in my thread, everything was great...except for the fan funk. There was just way too much of it, and one of my party actually got sick from the stench. My only other beef was panels not starting on time. :lol:

Everything else was great. LOVED THE YOUMANOTE.

Return to “2007 Memories”