Best Memories from the Con

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our second year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

LeeFan2012

Postby LeeFan2012 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:22 am

Meis wrote:Your fave anime sucks was hilarious.
and the silent masquerade. all you norm poeple waitin in line the live feed room was to much fun XD yay fer speakers not working,
**** you nikolai !?

I remember that! XD We had just walked out of there when you hugged me, lol.
Labeled as the "Free Hugs Rock Lee"
--Member of Live Action Mario Party '06 winning team! Team Hentai!--
[2009 Cosplay]
Rock Lee
Kaoru

Meis

Postby Meis » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:04 pm

LeeFan2012 wrote:
Meis wrote:Your fave anime sucks was hilarious.
and the silent masquerade. all you norm poeple waitin in line the live feed room was to much fun XD yay fer speakers not working,
**** you nikolai !?

I remember that! XD We had just walked out of there when you hugged me, lol.

hehe, well
me n kingy, the miroku, were prob the loudest ones.
GO MC MC MC woot he almost had it silly card captor will.
I am Stab Kitty
Stab kitty <3s you
Java Witness #2
PRAIsE HOJO!?

*~ShadowRosekasumi~*

Postby *~ShadowRosekasumi~* » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:22 pm

ngsilver wrote:well I have to say, being forced to keep all you crazy people at the AMV contest on Friday night entertianed while the sound guys got the sound back up was one of my favorite parts of the con. I have to appologize about the yaoi joke though, it was horrible.

Of course, being in charge of the night AMV events was fun as well. Nothing was better then watching all the horrified looks when we showed my creation from HIE ^^
I loved it when you auctioned off Guss xD That made the delay worth it all. Plus, your video was great, even though it was just a bunch of really horribly pixelated gifs that looked like crap.

My favorite memories would have to be:

Para Para since I sucked so badly xD Good thing I was in the back!

Karaoke Saturday night: I skipped your favorite anime sucks because I had so much fun there, I'll never forget the fruitados. Plus, even though I sucked so badly at Akatsuki no Kuruma, people still cheered. >w<The>w<

Ichigo Ikane
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby Ichigo Ikane » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:21 am

XD Mentioning Miroku made me remember the DiZ at the KH photoshoot who was talking about being Miroku, and demonstrated his..."likeness".

If anyone was there hearing a puppy-like scream, that was I. (When he grabbed my arse, after asing me to bear his child) XD Truly funny!!
Help my eggs out with clicks! ^^

Sachiko

Postby Sachiko » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:59 pm

Heh, my most memorable moment from the con was on Saturday night when myself and two friends were eating pizza in a corner of the hallway. Many of the people who passed us gave us weird looks, and one even asked us if we got the pizza from the Con Suite. It was pretty funny. XD

Also, having many people ask for my picture/a hug when I was cosplaying as Natsuo. I didn't know Loveless was so popular. XD

--Oh, and to that one girl who asked me where Youji was, next year, I'm definately going to have a Youji with me! ^^
Youmacon 2007 Cosplay:
I'm not sure anymore :|

cattycat

Postby cattycat » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:52 pm

My best memory was when my buddies and I were waiting for the masquerade and we saw this really gross piece of pizza on the floor and we were counting how many times people stepped on it. We got a total of 34.

Unfortunately somebody picked it up and we were bored again so we chatted and chatted and from our chit chats I became a Narutard!
Okay! I am 100% confirmed that I will be going to Youmacon one way or another. Look for me as Ana from Earthbound Zero and Splash Woman from Megaman 9 while you are there.

The Commodore
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby The Commodore » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:23 pm

I think my best memory was just being there. Youmacon was my first anime convention, and I didn't really know what to expect going in. Though I didn't really get involved in any of the activities (I was only there for a few hours) I still had a blast just walking around and taking in the con. Seeing so many cosplayers inspired me to try my hand at cosplay too, so next year I will be dressed up! Next year I'm bringing a video camera, so hopefully I can catch some of the wild and crazy con action on tape! And I will be joining in on some of it myself! :D

Pikajane

Postby Pikajane » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Me...I was Misty...and my best moment was every single moment. I wish the youmacon was an all-year thing...I would live there. Anime is my element, and next year I am going to be prepared with more costumes, more money, and I want to make more friends!!!! I LOVE YOUMACON!!!

ninsaijin
First Anime: DBZ and Sailor Moon - CN

Postby ninsaijin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:44 am

my favorite moment was the anime hell program called "billy's balloon"
the whole con was awsome
"I will not fear for fear is the mind killer. I will let my fear pass over and through me and when it is gone only i will remain."
-- Paul Atreidies
Dune

Rei

Postby Rei » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:46 pm

Oh ****, it's so hard to choose....

I LOVED Midnight madness and Anime hell, I think it was XDD that was insane.

Going around and being initiated into greed's harem... definately one of the best parts XDD Plus, THE YOUMACONGA AND OTAKU RUN. best. things. EVAR.

Plus dancing up on the balcony to Sephy's theme song with the harem XDD Great great fun x3

Though the moment that beat it all was laughing liek a MANIAC at the Maquerade XDD My poor mom didn't know what the hell was going on x333
Cosplays for '09:
Medusa(stage 2) from Soul Eater
RED Scout from Team Fortress 2

The Commodore

Postby The Commodore » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:33 pm

My mom was sort of lost too, haha. She let my friend and I wander around and went and sat in the bar! But it was kind of cool that she was impressed with everyone's cosplays.

Rei

Postby Rei » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:53 pm

The Commodore wrote:My mom was sort of lost too, haha. She let my friend and I wander around and went and sat in the bar! But it was kind of cool that she was impressed with everyone's cosplays.

My mom just kinda sat in a chair the entire time sleeping xD Though I managed to pull her into the AMV contest and Midnight Madness xDDDD I think she had fun owo

this year my mom trusts me more and since I have more friends going I'll be able to run around the hotel xD
Cosplays for '09:

Medusa(stage 2) from Soul Eater

RED Scout from Team Fortress 2

The Commodore

Postby The Commodore » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:45 pm

Yeah, my mom thought it seemed safe, and she said this year if we get a room, she's gonna leave and go hang out with my aunt or go shopping during the day and just let me run rampant through the hotel. xD

ninsaijin
First Anime: DBZ and Sailor Moon - CN

Postby ninsaijin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:45 am

i had to show my mom around the convention .
i took her to the con suite the midnight madness(which due to her nosiness i missed part of) and the video game room just to show her that there would be things to do and i could stay there for three days. she wanted to pick me up after she got out of work(she works till midnight) on friday and i was like no. i almost was made to leave but fortunately i found someone i knew and they helped me with my story and i got to stay for three days straight! it was amazing!!! one of the biggest rushes i ever had was convincing my mom that i could stay for three days straight.
"I will not fear for fear is the mind killer. I will let my fear pass over and through me and when it is gone only i will remain."

-- Paul Atreidies

Dune

Kyora

Postby Kyora » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:05 pm

....Yeah some of my friends drove me there after school on Friday... And then after my SAT II's, my dad dropepd me off on Saturday. ^^; I didn't have to bother with a parent. My parents aren't interested and see it as a good opportunity for me "to be independent." xP
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kyora&sclick=1]Image
ImageImageImage[/url]

Return to “2006 Memories”