Best Memories from the Con

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our second year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Ichigo Ikane
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Best Memories from the Con

Postby Ichigo Ikane » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:20 pm

^^ I was wondering what everyone's highlights of the con were. Like meeting new friends, hugging your favorite character, or any of the planned events!! ^^ I didn't think I saw a thread like this, and so I wanted to create one!!

I wanna say mine to start off!!!

I think my most memorable moments were the AMV competition, and meeting all of my favorite KH characters, and others as well. I loved the fact I met a bunch of new friends there, and when I bought my friend a paopu fruit! ^^ it was so much fun sitting in front of the DDR machine, the balcony, and the halls with my new friends, and acting silly. Oooh, and the ramune was legendary!! Along with the pop in the bathtub!
Help my eggs out with clicks! ^^

Ginji-kun
Video Programming DH
First Anime: Voltron/Go-Lion

Postby Ginji-kun » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:12 pm

MST4k with Brett Weaver. The movie sucked...in the future!!!!
Are you the cancer killing your fandom? - http://www.fancancer.wordpress.com
"All human knowledge is contained in these words: Wait and Hope." Count of Monte Cristo.

Kakashi

Postby Kakashi » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:31 pm

My funniest/best memories, hm...? (I copied and pasted what I already wrote down somewhere else.)

When we came into the hotel on friday, I got glomped by a Kakashi, since I was dressed at Iruka....XD And they already took pictures, there. I love Kakashi!

And on Saturday, there was that HUGE conga line! *LOL* We saw it (Naruto and I) and just joined in. It was very funny. It went all around the tables there and up the stairs. We wanted to continue, but we collapsed...XD

And later, an Itachi stole my Kakashi plushie. I glomped her from behind and held on to her, trying to get it back. We fell to the ground, looking like we were humping each other and I just wanted my plushie back, but her grip was too tight! XD So Naruto sat down on my butt, while I was lying on top of Itachi, and it looked even worse than before. People took pictures and filmed it, too. I laughed and laughed, but still tried to get it back and another girl sat down on Naruto! She spilled water over us! XD It was really disturbing! But funny!
¬_¬ .... ^.~ .....8D

Maj. G

Postby Maj. G » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:58 pm

- Even though it took like, 5 yrs, finally meeting Captain N. I LOVED the look on his face when I just placed my Zapper down in front of him.
- Doing the masquerade...even though I didn't at least win for best presentation.
- Hanging out with the 3 cute ninjas & Shino
- Glomping the Glomp Girl
- Taking pictures as Keitaro

moogleboy64

Postby moogleboy64 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:25 pm

My highlight of the weekend was probably Saturday night, when the Bards played a crapload of really good songs in a row. It was like the medley of... awesome. Or something. If I remember correctly, the order was: One Winged Angel, the FF Victory Fanfare, Spoony de Chocobo, Gerudo Valley, Vamo 'alla Flamenco, Slam Shuffle, Those Who Fight Further, and they finished off with Korobeniki. I don't think I've ever had so much fun in my life, dancing and singing along and whatnot. x3

Also I made two new friends! Yay for that. : D

I Ate My Lava Lamp
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby I Ate My Lava Lamp » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:28 pm

Oh wow. xD There were so many wonderful moments then. Well, to highlight a few...

---I was heading back to the con on Friday from my room, when I saw my friends walking past me in skimpy clothing. I hadn't seen them change, since they were in a different room than I. So, I said, "..Where in hell are you guys going wearing THOSE?"
Them: We're going to the pool!
Me: You're at an anime convention...your FIRST anime convention...and you're going SWIMMING!?
Them: Yeah!!!! *runs to pool*
Me: *shakes head and walks to dealer's room*
---Two of my favorite glomps I received: the really painful ones.
1. I was in the lobby, talking to my friend Erin, when someone just nailed me on the back, and I staggered a little. Then, someone jumped on them. Then someone else jumped on them! We all tumbled to the floor, and they signed me.
2. Walking through the hallways Saturday night, I was talking to Erin and Amanda when Maj. G comes running from behind us and glomps me to the ground. That REALLY hurt. xD
---The girls that first glomped and signed me, after Sats, Mimi, and Michelle. When deciding where to sign me, one of the girls looks me over then says, "Do you have any limits as to where I can sign you?" I told her no, since she's a girl, and she signed ALL over my crotch. xD It was the best.
--- My friend discovering cross-play for the first time. "That's a GUY!?!?"
--- My sister discovering the con suite. "ZOMG IT'S HEAVEN."
--- Of course, the Youmaconga. And conga-ing outside and doing the wave.
--- This is just required: the Naruto threesome turned orgy with Itachi, Iruka, Naruto, and partly Temari.

Those are only some of the best. xD
Youma 2012: Minako/FeMC (Persona 3)

youjik33

Postby youjik33 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:56 am

Saturday night, when I was insanely tired and needed coffee and the con suite saved me, was a pretty nice moment.

I can't really single one moment. There were quite a few really cool people who came by my AA table and I loved making buttons for people who really loved them. Made me feel kinda warm and fuzzy. (The money didn't hurt either, haha.)
Youmacon 2011 cosplay: Aveline Vallen (Dragon Age 2)

Panels:
Do You Dream In Anime? (Sunday, 12 noon, Panel 2)
Lost in Translation ( Sunday, 3 pm, Panel 4)

I Ate My Lava Lamp
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby I Ate My Lava Lamp » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:20 pm

youjik33 wrote:Saturday night, when I was insanely tired and needed coffee and the con suite saved me, was a pretty nice moment.

I can't really single one moment. There were quite a few really cool people who came by my AA table and I loved making buttons for people who really loved them. Made me feel kinda warm and fuzzy. (The money didn't hurt either, haha.)

Are you the one with all the Ouran buttons? On Friday, when you were still setting some things up, I was the one who ran up and compulsively bought every member of the host club. xD That was a lot of fun. But I lost them. D:
Youma 2012: Minako/FeMC (Persona 3)

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH

Postby ngsilver » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:31 pm

well I have to say, being forced to keep all you crazy people at the AMV contest on Friday night entertianed while the sound guys got the sound back up was one of my favorite parts of the con. I have to appologize about the yaoi joke though, it was horrible.

Of course, being in charge of the night AMV events was fun as well. Nothing was better then watching all the horrified looks when we showed my creation from HIE ^^

FullMetalNinja

Postby FullMetalNinja » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:59 pm

The whole con was so much fun! I was so happy I got to travel all the way to Michigan and attend *lives in Virginia*

But, if i had to pick favorites, it would be: The WHOLE Naruto photoshoot. Some people were just most amazing, and I'm happy I got to pose for people and they liked me >w<

Another would be being dragged around on the leash..because...that doesn't happen often...XDDD

And then It was awesome when sometime in the afternoon on Saturday, the people playing music started playing the Pokemon theme song, and my Sasuke and I started singing along really loudly. The guy who had the mic seemed to not know all the words, so we backed him up. XD

Oh! And then my group and I started taking yaoi pictures near the entrance to the game room (we were hard to miss...XDDD) And these guys come up and started taking pictures of us! One of them goes, "Okay...so like, what website do we go to to get these?" I couldn't stop laughing.

And then the last would be hugging all those lovely people. XD Many Sasukes wanted huggles, and then I think I hugged an Itachi and Deidara too~ <3

All in all, it was amazing! *o*

moogleboy64

Postby moogleboy64 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:54 pm

FullMetalNinja wrote:And then It was awesome when sometime in the afternoon on Saturday, the people playing music started playing the Pokemon theme song, and my Sasuke and I started singing along really loudly. The guy who had the mic seemed to not know all the words, so we backed him up. XD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xIaCI4moKXs

:?:

Shino_Aburame
Dealers Staff
First Anime: Voltron

Postby Shino_Aburame » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:28 pm

these... dont even say it... i know

ShinoXKankuro forever rofl
and
the borrowing of the Hinata

Last edited by Shino_Aburame on Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meis

Postby Meis » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:24 am

Your fave anime sucks was hilarious.
and the silent masquerade. all you norm poeple waitin in line the live feed room was to much fun XD yay fer speakers not working,
**** you nikolai !?
I am Stab Kitty
Stab kitty <3s you
Java Witness #2
PRAIsE HOJO!?

thefrozendestiny

Postby thefrozendestiny » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:52 am

I think my favorite part of the convention was while I was waiting to get my cosplay judged raptor jesus came over and ate me. I was cosplaying as gendo at the time. It was a pretty dramatic feeding- anyone else see that? Also I think the amv competition was really fun as well! Also the maid cafe was really awesome too!
One True Love: AMV Competition Youmacon 06.
Cosplay 06: Fri: gendo Ikari
Sat: Flik (suikoden 2)
Cosplay 07: Fri-Sun Roy Mustang (with/without overcoat, Pool Side, Suit Version)

FullMetalNinja

Postby FullMetalNinja » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:39 am

moogleboy64 wrote:
FullMetalNinja wrote:And then It was awesome when sometime in the afternoon on Saturday, the people playing music started playing the Pokemon theme song, and my Sasuke and I started singing along really loudly. The guy who had the mic seemed to not know all the words, so we backed him up. XD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xIaCI4moKXs

:?:
LOL We were right next to you~ That's why you couldn't see us~ XDDD You know the girl in blue and white that stopped and took a picture? She was taking a picture of us. XDDDDD

Return to “2006 Memories”