Nintendo DS madness!

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our second year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Invinciblemoron

Nintendo DS madness!

Postby Invinciblemoron » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:17 pm

Who had their DS and used it during the con?

I missed out on the Masquerade Line Pictochat sadly. (twas at the back of the line and out of range). Masquerade Tetris was insane! My hands wouldn't stop shaking towards the end and after. I'm sorry to everyone who got the tetrises dropped on them after my 2 stars. :wink:

Sunday was Children of Mana day for me. The gf and I played with a friend from another con (Hi Neil! :D) and his friend. That game is omgwtfbbq fun with 4 people...especially with the hammer! XD

What about you guys?
Shinigami Substitute Kurosaki Ichigo '06
Substitute Expada Hollow Ichigo '07
<3 Proposed at Youmacon '07 :D <3
Squall Lionheart + Naked Snake/Big Boss '08
Black Mage Squall Lioonheart '09 (recycled)
??? '10

thefrozendestiny

Postby thefrozendestiny » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:38 pm

Awww I totally missed out. I was in the masquerade so I didn't want to bring my ds. I tried a couple times to see if anyone was in a pictochat in various parts of the con- but alas to my avail there was none. I guess i just checked at the wrong spots in the wrong times.
One True Love: AMV Competition Youmacon 06.
Cosplay 06: Fri: gendo Ikari
Sat: Flik (suikoden 2)
Cosplay 07: Fri-Sun Roy Mustang (with/without overcoat, Pool Side, Suit Version)

Ginji-kun
Video Programming DH
First Anime: Voltron/Go-Lion

Postby Ginji-kun » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:11 pm

Personally I partook in some mario kart action many times during this convention. This time only justifies me buying my DS.
Are you the cancer killing your fandom? - http://www.fancancer.wordpress.com
"All human knowledge is contained in these words: Wait and Hope." Count of Monte Cristo.

AlgusUnderdunk
SPACE LANCE.

Postby AlgusUnderdunk » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:48 pm

I was holed up watching the Console Room all three days, and most of those three days was spent playing either Legend of Stafy 4, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Jump Superstars, or checking on Nook's goods in Animal Crossing.
I do say, I'm rather put off by these serpents aboard our aircraft.

The Commodore
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby The Commodore » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:22 am

I had my DS with me, I should have connected to Pictochat is my spare time...I guess I never really thought about it!

cattycat

Postby cattycat » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:45 am

I'm going to definitely bring a DS next year. I didn't have one at the moment unfortunately.
Okay! I am 100% confirmed that I will be going to Youmacon one way or another. Look for me as Ana from Earthbound Zero and Splash Woman from Megaman 9 while you are there.

youjik33
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby youjik33 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:39 pm

I Pictochatted a bit in the lobby Saturday night while waiting to get into Hentai a Go-go... I was talking to someone who turned out to be in the panel room next door. Kind of amusing.
Youmacon 2011 cosplay: Aveline Vallen (Dragon Age 2)

Panels:
Do You Dream In Anime? (Sunday, 12 noon, Panel 2)
Lost in Translation ( Sunday, 3 pm, Panel 4)

Jonwolf

Postby Jonwolf » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:05 pm

I was bummed I didn't bring mine. I'm still unsure of weather or not I am going to bring it this year. It all depends on how many sroage containers I can rig into my Nicholas D Wolfwood costume.

(That is right, after last year of carring around Axel blades, a camera, bags of pocky, a video camera, and other misc. stuff I decided to have one thing hold it all. ^-^)
I was the axel with the sprayed red hair and the one wheel blade with the points made from plastic fence posts.

ninsaijin
First Anime: DBZ and Sailor Moon - CN

Postby ninsaijin » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:45 pm

i am sad to say that i am selling my DS to help pay for my passport for when i go to japan :cry:
"I will not fear for fear is the mind killer. I will let my fear pass over and through me and when it is gone only i will remain."
-- Paul Atreidies
Dune

The Commodore

Postby The Commodore » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:45 pm

Jonwolf wrote:I was bummed I didn't bring mine. I'm still unsure of weather or not I am going to bring it this year. It all depends on how many sroage containers I can rig into my Nicholas D Wolfwood costume.

OMG another Wolfwood? :D

I brought my DS last year but never even thought about taking it out. I am definately gonna bring it again this year and Pictochat and whatnot while I have down time. Just today I was pictochating with a random passenger on the plane. :o

ZiTiM

Postby ZiTiM » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:15 pm

Carrie your gonna get people killed!

Naiiki

Postby Naiiki » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:53 pm

Man… I was pretty unhappy that I didn't bring mine last year. This year, mine's coming for the con! =D The only people I'ved chatted with my DS usually sit right next to me. *laughs*

Did you find the person you were talking to on the plane? =O

The Commodore

Postby The Commodore » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:55 pm

She told us where she was sitting, which was only a few rows in front of us, but I never bothered to go look for her, and I never told here where I was sitting so she couldn't come look for us. But I could tell she was a teenage girl and not some pedo by her ridiculous cutesy handwriting LOL.

Return to “2006 Memories”