things you learned about yourself @ youmacon

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our second year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

ninsaijin
First Anime: DBZ and Sailor Moon - CN

coffee

Postby ninsaijin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:25 am

i realized that in adesperate situation penguin con came through with high octane coffee and free pocky...mmm....free pocky....
"I will not fear for fear is the mind killer. I will let my fear pass over and through me and when it is gone only i will remain."
-- Paul Atreidies
Dune

desertpunkismyideal

Postby desertpunkismyideal » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:33 pm

I learned that even if you resgister as an adult ad have to show id to register(i did at least) that you still have to show id to watch the "adult" things. I also learned that random people will fly at you and miroku is a chick magnet and people will start a fan club full of screaming girls that jump all over you lol. (i meet such awesome people :D)

note, don't decide to make your costume a week before the convention.
I was the female miroku with the kagome following me.
~Jessica~

pockey is good for the soul.

desertpunkismyideal

Postby desertpunkismyideal » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:41 pm

also, i want people to follow me around with instruments playing too!!!

~Jessica~

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby ngsilver » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:13 pm

desertpunkismyideal wrote:I learned that even if you resgister as an adult ad have to show id to register(i did at least) that you still have to show id to watch the "adult" things.
That is actually something required by law. ID must be shown in order to buy pr0n or liquor and all of that stuff, as such to watch or attend an event showing such things you must show ID.

Also, as a note if we didn't check for IDs, and even if only adults made it into the event, if an officer were to come in a check for IDs, if 1 person doesn't have one it gets the con in BIG TROUBLE.

You sould have your ID on you at all times anyway, so it isn't much to ask for you to show it. A few seconds of extra time as you enter a room isn't really going to hurt now is it?

desertpunkismyideal

Postby desertpunkismyideal » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:43 pm

ngsilver wrote:
desertpunkismyideal wrote:I learned that even if you resgister as an adult ad have to show id to register(i did at least) that you still have to show id to watch the "adult" things.
That is actually something required by law. ID must be shown in order to buy pr0n or liquor and all of that stuff, as such to watch or attend an event showing such things you must show ID.

Also, as a note if we didn't check for IDs, and even if only adults made it into the event, if an officer were to come in a check for IDs, if 1 person doesn't have one it gets the con in BIG TROUBLE.

You sould have your ID on you at all times anyway, so it isn't much to ask for you to show it. A few seconds of extra time as you enter a room isn't really going to hurt now is it?

no and i understand that, it's just really hard to get to all the time when your pockets are under all your clothes i supose.

~Jessica~

Shino_Aburame
Dealers Staff
First Anime: Voltron

Postby Shino_Aburame » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:34 am

ngsilver wrote:

honestly everyone should carry ID anyway even if you not going to buy things that req it, u never know when something unexpected will come up and ull want to have it on the spot
7th year member of staff, El Presidente wants a cigar...

Cosplays
My Little Pony - Spike
Hellsing - The Major (Friday)
Axis Powers - Russia (Saturday)

desertpunkismyideal

Postby desertpunkismyideal » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:54 pm

Shino_Aburame wrote:
ngsilver wrote:

honestly everyone should carry ID anyway even if you not going to buy things that req it, u never know when something unexpected will come up and ull want to have it on the spot
yeah i just turned 18 before the convention so still getting use to that -_-.

~Jessica~

Pikajane

Postby Pikajane » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:39 am

I learned that pokemon is not dead!!! yay!!! I learned that everyone knows Misty! I learned that even though I am only 15, people still invite me to adult parties, and it's kinda creepy!!! Aritos Frutados forever!!! I learned that people are not afraid to invade other's personal space!!! I learned that I have a super-crush on Ash Ketchum!!!! (Although it is not either of the ones that were at youmacon, I am talking the real thing. Anyways, one of them was a girl...XP)

AAML!

Kaleigh-chan
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby Kaleigh-chan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:41 pm

Things I learned at the Youmacon:
1) There are about 1 million Akatsuki clones on every floor. XD
2) It's really, really, really easy to go a whole day with eating just Pocky. O_o
3) Glomping is my favorite sport...X3.
4) Yaoi is one of the greatest things to happen to the world...ever.
5) Ramune is the best drink in the world besides C.C. Lemon, in my opinion.
6) Cosplaying as Winry is fun...you can threaten the Ed's with a wrench. XO
7) I'm coming back this year...as Orihime, Mello, and Allen Walker! n_n
Cosplay for 2015:
Rapunzel - Tangled

Return to “2006 Memories”