Best Cosplay of the Weekend

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our second year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Puruto-chan

Postby Puruto-chan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:43 am

I was amazed at the Terra, myself.

I've seen armor Al's at a couple other cons and while he was good, I was in awe at the time and detail put into the Terra cosplay.

~Puruto-chan<3
Youmacon is my last con for a while. Silly study abroad and archaeology fieldwork for stealing con time away!

Doing it all in the name of fanfiction and cosplay since 1987.

la_toute_petite

Postby la_toute_petite » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:43 am

Hands down, armored Al. The costume was AMAZING.

But, the Freya cosplayer was wonderful, too.

So many people were dressed up so well! A few of the other really good ones were the Piranha Plant (who showed a little leg!), a spot-on Kakashi Hatake, and the wheelchair guy (I think from Silent Hill?) - I totally wanted a ride!

hathor_sg1x
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby hathor_sg1x » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am

Armor Al he won me over! I loved the detail he put into it, I always wanted to go find a fan for the poor guy and turn it on for him to help him cool off.

Malificus

Postby Malificus » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:55 am

first, Barry the Choper pwned Al.

But the best one was the Witch of the Waste.

Fuzakeru

Postby Fuzakeru » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:08 am

The Rider is beautiful. n_n Even though I wasn't there that day just seeing the picture alone makes her my favorite.

Fate Stay Night is coming in to American on December 2nd I believe on DVD. <3
ImageImage

Izuro

Postby Izuro » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:57 am

DEFINITELY Armor!Al. Though some people say "Well, it's been done..." It's NEVER been done SO well. My jaw dropped for like, an hour. xDD

Others I really enjoyed were Anne's Black Hayate and Menchi costumes ^o^, the Naruto and Iruka that Gary and me were talking with at karaoke, Yue, the mother/daughter Felicia and Sailormoon pairs, the Tales of Symphonia group (Cassandra and Asuka... and... I don't know the third person D: ), the Tsubasa group...

*thinks* And a lot more, I'm sure XD;; I know all weekend I was thinking to myself how fantastic all the cosplays were at this convention :D
Youmacon 2007:
Friday: Kain Fuery, "Fullmetal Alchemist"
Saturday/Sunday: Jin, "Persona 3"

http://dejikomewmew.deviantart.com

Saix

Postby Saix » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:17 am

I have to say I loved Armor Al too. I was waiting on the elevator and it opened up to a giant suit of armor. Wow that really took me back for a moment.

But really, EVERYONE had amazing costumes at this con. It really suprised me that for how small of a con this was how well the costumes were ^-^ Congrats to everyone who won awards for their costumes and those who just wore awesome outfits around!
Constantly talking is not necessarily communicating..

Shino_Aburame
Dealers Staff
First Anime: Voltron

Postby Shino_Aburame » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:16 pm

if you walk in the door and the only thing that stops 40 fangirls from glomp/raping you is a balcony and a floor between you... probley the best cosplay rofl
7th year member of staff, El Presidente wants a cigar...

Cosplays
My Little Pony - Spike
Hellsing - The Major (Friday)
Axis Powers - Russia (Saturday)

Carrie-san
First Anime: Pokemon

Postby Carrie-san » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:46 pm

Everybody looked great :D One of my favorites was the Freya.. the detail in the costume was just so amazing @w@;

Wolf Master
Live Programming Staff
First Anime: Transformers G1

Postby Wolf Master » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:57 pm

I loved the Armored Al. Wish I was able to think of something like that. Auron was a great one too.

Teb

Postby Teb » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:11 pm

I saw teh Armor Al. That was wicked, but I never really saw him at eye's level (I was on the balcony during the Naruto cosplay photo shoot). I also liked all the people cosplaying as Hyuuga Neji (but that's just because he's meh fave charie <3)
Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

-2007 Cosplay-
N.O.N.E.
Will be going as self n.n

nadia 2006

Postby nadia 2006 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:02 pm

I Loved the kakshi look alike who came around 6 on saturday! I took a picture with him! :D The armoured Al was great! Making the armor had to be hard.

Best detailed cosplay: Armoured Al
Best Look alike cosplay: Kakashi!
"Watashi wa domo koneko desu!"
Not really.

kumiko

Postby kumiko » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:47 pm

Yeah! Go Al. He was so amazingly dedicated. I saw him with his helmet off for a short while.... And holy crap! The guy was sweating bucketloads!!! He had it on for so long too. *hearts*

My other favourites was the Yuna and Rikku that were there ont Sat. I think they had two sets off costumes too... Yuna's sword (the one that looks like Tidus') was made of some sort of thick see-though plastic that she shaped and sanded to size. ...That must have been so much work!

Hmmm... Who else? Oh yes! That little boy who went as Avatar! *squee* Cute! He smile was ... so awesome...

FullMoonBunny

Postby FullMoonBunny » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:34 am

@ Puruto-chan and Flower Girl: Oh you guys, I'm so flattered! Thank you so much for the Terra love, I'm still psyched that I actually got an award for it. =DDD

I LOVED ARMOR AL. I'm not a huge fan of FMA, but still, that armor Al was DEAD ON. I also liked the girl who was best in show from skies of arcadia, and the sailor moon and sailor chibi moon that were in the masquerade. He made such a convincing Sailor Moon, I swear to ****, I thought he was girl when he walked in, and at a closer glance, I was completely floored.
Follow me:
Cosplay.com: effembee
Livejournal: xdistantmemory
Twitter: effembee
Youmacon 2010 plans:
Friday: [b]Rinoa Heartilly[/b] from Final Fantasy VIII
Saturday/Masquerade: [b]Terra Branford[/b] from Dissidia: Final Fantasy/Final Fantasy VI

ninsaijin
First Anime: DBZ and Sailor Moon - CN

Postby ninsaijin » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:27 pm

my favorites were the temari's.
(my crush is too much to bear)
"I will not fear for fear is the mind killer. I will let my fear pass over and through me and when it is gone only i will remain."
-- Paul Atreidies
Dune

Return to “2006 Memories”