STOLEN WIG!!!

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our second year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

TheNurse

Postby TheNurse » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:45 pm

i remember seeing it on sunday while we were in the elevator a few times we went up and down.. i was wondering why it was there
and then a few times later it was gone
i wasn't aware anyone had taken it, best of luck to you on finding it.. xox;;
Youmaconga.
it was our line, let it live.

we hate stairs
we hate stairs
i know.

Chibik3r0

Postby Chibik3r0 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:16 pm

I remember seeing a pink wig in a bag on the floor across from the elevators at the edge of the corner because one of my friends tripped right over it >_> Sorry I can't be much help beyond that.

deepplum

Postby deepplum » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:12 pm

Bondage Sora wrote:Thanks, but I didn't leave it out in the open. It was hidden. Hidden so well that no one knew it was under there, minus the person who moved it in front of the elevator. I want to know who moved it to in front of the elevator. I left it hidden.

If you moved it as a practical joke, please, let me know. Or if you saw the person who moved it let me know. It'll bring me one more step to finding it. I'm not giving up on this. I'm not the kind of person to give up.

It doesn't matter if people saw the wig or not, you left something unattended in a public (VERY PUB|LIC) area. Things like this happen. Again, sorry.

hathor_sg1x
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby hathor_sg1x » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:11 am

You should never leave anything left alone at conventions, unless you got a friend sitting right by it.
I didn't even trust one of my roomies with how she was actting and I had to keep stuffing my money into my Jedi boots when I didn't have my bag with me.
Heck my group at 6pm when we did our photo shoot couldn't let our FX sabers out of our hands, we had 4 guys and 1 girl pretty much rip them out of our hands and break them or would have if we didn't keep a close hold on them.(They may be cool props but seriously 85 bucks and up isn't chunk change everyone has these days and the props are not to be dropped, and so forth.)
Some of the people that attended this year we're way out of hand and needed to be put in a room for 10 minutes or more to cool off and get a grip.
I just hope that the wig being stolen didn't ruin everything, but hopefully you will be able to make a new one again for yourself.

dual_wielder

Postby dual_wielder » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:05 am

I think this person has gotten enough "Don't be stupid and leave things lying around" admonishments. I think they probably realize that by now.

Their question was whether or not anyone had seen it/knew who took it. Perhaps we can focus on that instead?
<I>Original Prankster</I>

Bondage Sora

Postby Bondage Sora » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:25 pm

dual_wielder wrote:I think this person has gotten enough "Don't be stupid and leave things lying around" admonishments. I think they probably realize that by now.

Their question was whether or not anyone had seen it/knew who took it. Perhaps we can focus on that instead?

Thank you, that was my original intent. The wig wasn't left "unattended". I had people watching it. If you can't really help, please don't post. @_@
Traveling Yaoi Girl #1

fma_01_fan

Postby fma_01_fan » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:59 pm

yupp. i am that very nice kairi cosplayer[erika] that helped out finding the wig. holaa.. it really suxx that someone stole your wig. i feel bad that we didnt find it and i hope someone will give out clues or something to help you find your wig.
<b>[THE]</b>FullmetalAlchemist01FAN
~got it memorized..?

"If they ain't rockin', you roll."

Bondage Sora

Postby Bondage Sora » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:57 pm

I hope so too, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. -.-
I just don't know where I'm going to get the money to buy another pink wig. Especially since now I have to save every penny for my unborn baby. *sighs* Fate really hates me this year. >.<
Traveling Yaoi Girl #1

susuwatari

Postby susuwatari » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:10 pm

That sucks...I kept a death grip on my rucksack the entire time. I'd've been heartbroken if it was taken...there were some old irreplaceable plushies in there that I love to death and am never without. :(

Medieval
Technical Staff
First Anime: Star Blazers

Postby Medieval » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:48 pm

dottiness wrote:AH! the wonders of detroit! hahaaaa.
sorry that someone took it. i would surely be pissed!!!
good luck!

As someone who actually lives in Detroit, I find comments like this a bit offensive. I would like to point out that the con was held in Troy and not Detroit. Its often counted in among the Greater Detroit Metro area, but it is not Detoit.

This is a bit ironic though, considering that Troy is on the list of the FBIs safest cities to live in.

To the OP: Sorry your wig was taken.

thatguychuck

Postby thatguychuck » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:10 pm

I second what Medievel said. It has nothing to do with the city of Detroit, Saginaw, Flint, or even Troy. It's a large gathering of people. Heck, ANY gathering this size has bad elements.

Having said that, I'm sorry you've had your wig stolen. I hope you have nothing stolen in the future.

Bondage Sora

Postby Bondage Sora » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:24 am

As do I, and I knew it had nothing to do with location. It never does.
Hell even at Tsubasacon some people had some thing come up stolen/missing. And that is the smallest convention I've ever been to. I believe only about 300 people showed up in total.
Traveling Yaoi Girl #1

dottiness

Postby dottiness » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:56 am

Medieval wrote:
dottiness wrote:AH! the wonders of detroit! hahaaaa.
sorry that someone took it. i would surely be pissed!!!
good luck!

As someone who actually lives in Detroit, I find comments like this a bit offensive. I would like to point out that the con was held in Troy and not Detroit. Its often counted in among the Greater Detroit Metro area, but it is not Detoit.

This is a bit ironic though, considering that Troy is on the list of the FBIs safest cities to live in.

To the OP: Sorry your wig was taken.

umh. it was a joke. HAHA HEHE. it's not like i was serious or anything. and i know it was in troy, but detroit was like riiight there, and i don't doubt a lot of people at the con were from detroit. if you don't like hearing things like that, don't live in the city where most crime happens and stuff like that. geeze.

fma_01_fan

Postby fma_01_fan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:39 pm

i don't think most of the crimes happen in detroit. crimes are everywhere.
*cough* anyways..
we need some clues to find that wig! *sigh* maybe the person that took it isn't gonna confess. i sure do hope the person does confess...
<b>[THE]</b>FullmetalAlchemist01FAN

~got it memorized..?

"If they ain't rockin', you roll."

Mimette
Guest Relations Staff

Postby Mimette » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:03 pm

umh. it was a joke. HAHA HEHE. it's not like i was serious or anything. and i know it was in troy, but detroit was like riiight there, and i don't doubt a lot of people at the con were from detroit. if you don't like hearing things like that, don't live in the city where most crime happens and stuff like that. geeze.

I am going to blatantly honest. You NEED to amend your statements. Saying things like that aren't only inflammatory but they are also ignorant. You are insulting an unknown number of people with not only your first comment by now with "don't live in the city where most crime happens and stuff like that". When the fact of the matter is that maybe some people don't CHOOSE to live in Detroit but have to because they can't afford to live anywhere else. Not everybody can afford to live in suburbia and has to live where they can. Making such comments is not only rude but can be an utter slap in the face to those that can't afford the high cost of living in the suburbs because they don't have the well paying job or the parents that afford them a place to live somewhere else. Please amend your comments as you come off as stuck up, rude, and overall ignorant to the ways of the working/real world.

As to the OP. I did see your wig in the hallway as I was walking through to leave after closing ceremonies. I found it odd that somebody would just leave a wig there and I actually stood around for a few minutes to see if anybody was coming to claim it. When nobody did I looked at my phone (only clock on me) and realized I had to leave. I wanted to wait and see who would claim it but having been on a schedule I had to run. I am sorry that your wig has gone missing/was stolen. I recognized who it belonged to by the style and I can only extend my sympathy for your loss as I know how much goes into styling a wig and overall how much wigs cost in general. Good luck in finding it.

Return to “2006 Memories”