Guest announcements 2014

Questions and info pertaining to convention invited guests of honor

Moderators: Bo, Public Moderators

spiked_vash
First Anime: Doraemon

Re: Guest announcements 2014

Postby spiked_vash » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:40 pm

True that on securing seats for what may be a packed concert(s) given the work these 2 have done.

My friend was hoping Yoko Kanno may somehow be invited even if chances of it is quite low, when I told him about Raj and Origa.

Deitylink, did you go to Yoko's concert at Otakon 2013? If so, how was it?

deitylink1
First Anime: Cowboy Bebop

Postby deitylink1 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Went to the Yoko Kanno Concert in 2013, it was fantastic. Very high production value, my gf who knows nothing of her music even enjoyed it.

Soul Eat3R
First Anime: Happy Lesson

Postby Soul Eat3R » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:26 pm

so is that it....the checklist hasn't been updated, but so far it seems to have stacked very well for the event
Attending since 07...YESSIR!!

Stu728
First Anime: Dragon Ball/Sailor Moon

Postby Stu728 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Yoko Kanno would be fantastic. The guest list is pretty epic, the only thing it does need is a Japanese guest of note. I'm still waiting for a con I can attend to get Shinichiro Watanabe, wink wink.

spiked_vash

Postby spiked_vash » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:17 am

I hear you about Watanabe. I get him confused with Shinichi Watanabe aka Nabeshin from time to time when he's announced to be at a con, getting my hopes up for no reason. Just once it will be nice for the Bebop director to come to the US.

spiked_vash

Postby spiked_vash » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:19 am

It's true that he's been to Otakon and AB recently, but I meant to say for him to be at a con near MI.

cactusmomma
Guest Relations Staff
First Anime: Speed Racer

Postby cactusmomma » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:07 pm

I knoooow! I am so sorry about not keeping up with the checklist. I just finished up booking everyone's flights and hotels. All of our announcements are on the main part of the site. Goodness, we did try for Ms. Kanno and Mr. Conte, but things didn't work out.

As for the answer to seating, first come, first serve. No cuts and play nice. We're going on the grandmother system here. (Would your grandmother and/or nearest and dearest cookie baking neighbor approve? Don't be a jerk.) There will be albums sold at the concert if you would like to partake in purchasing. You guys don't even know how excited every single one of our guests are to come out this year. Some of them are even bringing their families out to the con to see everything and meet you guys because they've heard how high energy the attendees here are. Shall we show them?

And until I can take care of that list, have a cat tax:
Guest updates and random con shenaniganry: http://beegobuzz.tumblr.com

Stu728
First Anime: Dragon Ball/Sailor Moon

Postby Stu728 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:44 am

Thanks for trying. I guess it comes down to if I would want to meet her or have her working on more superb soundtracks, and I will definitely go with the latter every time.

spiked_vash

Postby spiked_vash » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Yes, I agree. Thanks a bunch for trying. I didn't know they're contacted. It's super that Origa and Raj were obtained. Definitely can't wait for the con to start!

Return to “Guests of Honor”