Poor Communication re: Artist Alley

Topics about the convention that don't fit into one of the other categories.

Moderator: Public Moderators

First Anime: InuYasha

Poor Communication re: Artist Alley

Postby Blazegryph » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:26 am

Hey there. I'm looking for who to contact (preferably by email) regarding Artist Alley. I messaged Beth directly on Facebook and did not get a response.

I'm quite disappointed with how table announcements went down this year. I know many tables were given to MMX artists (rightfully so), while the rest of them were announced on... Facebook. ONLY Facebook. Youmacon.com/artists-alley is the official page and yet it has not been updated since March 2016. I'm certainly not the only one who had been checking that page on the regular but completely missed the mark. I hold Youmacon in high regard and I really expected a higher level of professionalism from them. Social media is important but if you have an official website... use it?

I'm currently in collaboration with some of the music guests attending the con and we're trying to see if a table for me can be added to theirs. As Beth won't respond to me, who is the next person to get in touch with regarding dealers room layout?

Operations Staff
First Anime: Ranma 1/2

Re: Poor Communication re: Artist Alley

Postby lunaslayer13 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi Blazegryph

I can not speak for the AA process, all I know is it sold out within mins this year. Also I sorry you have not heard back from your email.

When a guest has a special request they usually work with their guest relations contact to see if it is something we can do or not. If they already have a table and want to see if another can be add it would be best to add this request to the original.

Sorry this does not give you an quick solution, but I believe this is the best route for you since both AA and Dealer room is sold out.

Kind regards,

"Why are you so crazy?"
Mario to Toad

First Anime: Dragon Ball

Postby beegz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:23 am

I'm surprised how fast the tickets being sold out.

First Anime: Don't remember

Postby CritterCarnival » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Too bad communication with the vendors is sooooo crappy. I have never experienced such a total lack of professionalism.

Return to “General Discussion”