AMV Contest, Help with

Includes the AMV/Fan Video contest, the AMV Wars, and Fan Video panels.

Moderators: ngsilver, Public Moderators

OuranKyoyaShadow
First Anime: Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and DragonballZ

AMV Contest, Help with

Postby OuranKyoyaShadow » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Can any official help me with how to register AMVs for the 2012 Youmacon, and give me the deadline, and earliest date they can be uploaded? If possible, send me the stuff to my email as well as leave a comment on here so that I can definately get this important info.
Also, what's the max limit of videos you're allowed to register per category and total, as well as the categories that will be offered, thank you :)

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Re: AMV Contest, Help with

Postby ngsilver » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:51 pm

FAQ on the Main Site wrote:When will the AMV Contest Rules be posted?

Sometime in June.

So... wait till June when the rules are posted and you'll be able to get the information that you need. Believe me, there will be plenty of time once June hits for you to get your video(s) into the contest.

OuranKyoyaShadow

Postby OuranKyoyaShadow » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:15 pm

I already finished one of the videos, :) it even touched some of my classmates who aren't even anime fans, as well as a commercial I made for MK7

OuranKyoyaShadow

Postby OuranKyoyaShadow » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:44 pm

NG, so, DVDs are acceptable to submit? (I read last years), for each of the categories, do they have to be on a separate DVD, or can they all be on the same DVD with just something very simple to separate them on the DVD like menus?

OuranKyoyaShadow

Postby OuranKyoyaShadow » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Also, about the formatting of the entries, I need to know asap because basically, after May, I'll no longer have any time to work on the AMVs and burn them to a disc because I use the school's Adobe Premier Pro (the same type professional companies use in most instances), and I can't really afford that program, so, I need to do all my work in only a few months :( and it's A LOT of stuff

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby ngsilver » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:06 pm

For formatting requirements, look into last year's rules as they will for the most part not change (though they are changing)

As for DVDs, yes, you can put more then one video onto a DVD. But also note that it states that the DVD can not be authored like a DVD that will play in the DVD player. IE, the DVD must be setup as a data disk. Any DVD authored disk will be disqualified.

The rules will be released when they are scheduled to be released. No advanced listing will be provided as all entrants must work within the same constraints.

Return to “AMVs and Fan Created Content”