AMV Question

Includes the AMV/Fan Video contest, the AMV Wars, and Fan Video panels.

Moderators: ngsilver, Public Moderators

tenchichan

AMV Question

Postby tenchichan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:29 pm

Hi. I'm an AMV maker, but I deal mostly in AMVs of Sentai or Live-Action Sailor Moon footage. Would these be accepted for the contest? There is the anime connection there, at least with the Live-Action Sailor Moon stuff.

I understand if the answer is no.

Also, do you restrict to only Japanese animation? Would an AMV of Justice League Unlimited be accepted?

Thanks!

-Tenchi

Son Goku
First Anime: Sailor Moon/Ronin Warriors

Postby Son Goku » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:08 pm

Oh wow, that' dbe cool if hte Live Action Sailor Moon stuff was included! :) I'd like to see that personally.
::Cosplay::
Turbo from Wreck-it Ralph
Banette Gijinka from Pokemon
Karkat from Homestuck

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby ngsilver » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:05 pm

Thanks for the questions. For the answer I shall point you to the AMV contest guidelines, posted both here and on the web site. They state the following in reguards to content of the video.
Entries must contain primarily anime footage.

As such, the answer would be no. However, if you had a video that used Live Action, but had primarily anime footage then that video would be ok. We are also going with the deffinition of anime as meaning japanese animation, so your second question would also be a no.

However, if you would like to submit your video(s) for the purpose of just being shown then that would be fine. They cannot compete but they can be shown. If so, simply state under category in the submission form that you are not competing.

This question should also have been asked in the rules/guidelines thread. As such, now that the question is answered, I will close this thread.

Return to “AMVs and Fan Created Content”