Iron Editor Competition 2005

Includes the AMV/Fan Video contest, the AMV Wars, and Fan Video panels.

Moderators: ngsilver, Public Moderators

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Iron Editor Competition 2005

Postby ngsilver » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:10 pm

Ok guys and gals, I need some feedback.

If I decide to run an Iron Editor competition at the convention, would you be interested in attending? Like certain cons I've been too we would hold the Iron Editor competition during the Masqurade as something for the attendees who don't want to deal with that event.

Also, out of the AMV editors we have in the area, who whould like to compete in this competition? Since it would be the first year for the competition both competitors would be challangers. But the winner would need to return the next year to defend his/her title.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those who don't know what an Iron Editor competition is allow me to explain. We give two AMV creators a certain amount of time to create an AMV. Both creators must come up with an idea and create a video in this alloted time. The video and audio sources will be provided by the staff. At the start of the competition a secret ingrediant will be given that both editors must incorporate into their design.
When time is up the videos will be exported and displayed to the judges and audience. The judges will then decide which video is best and in turn will declare the creator the Iron Editor.
While the competiton is going on AMVs will be played and gameshows will comence. We will also take AMV requests.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think about it.
Last edited by ngsilver on Fri May 19, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Medieval
Technical Staff
First Anime: Star Blazers

Postby Medieval » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:22 pm

Sounds like a fun idea to me...

I'd consider competeing, but I'm extremely slow when it comes to putting videos together. :cry:

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH

Postby ngsilver » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:04 pm

Well, Iron Editor videos generally are only about 1 to 1 1/2 mins long. So you wouldn't be making anything long which would require a lot more work. But it is a different challenge then making a video normaly.

AiboshiIVORY

Postby AiboshiIVORY » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:26 pm

Sounds interesting. Would it be free style or just be with one specific anime and song.
Cosplayed Yuber from Suikoden 3.

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH

Postby ngsilver » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:28 pm

Well, as per iron chef style, there will be a certain anime that must be used, and most likely a theme, but after that the creators are allowed to be as creative as they want to be with it.

AiboshiIVORY

Postby AiboshiIVORY » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:35 pm

ahhh i get it. So it'd be around 60-90 seconds long then? It does sound interesting. I'd like to see it if there'll be such an event.

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH

Postby ngsilver » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:37 pm

Well, I'm asking if people would be willing to go. If I get enough of a positive reply we will have the event. I'd be happy to run it.

So if you want to see this happen, just let me know! ^^

AiboshiIVORY

Postby AiboshiIVORY » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:44 pm

I would love to see it, but i wouldn't compete in it. AMVs aren't my specialty. 8)

ZhouYu

Postby ZhouYu » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:48 pm

that does sound interesting. but how would the competition work? (by votes or judges?)

AiboshiIVORY

Postby AiboshiIVORY » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:52 pm

I think that the people who watched them should....but one may have more friends than the other and that wouldnt be fair. Probably by votes of the staff...thats how it's usually done in cosplay contests.

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH

Postby ngsilver » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:40 pm

the way judging usually happends at an event like this is that a panel of judges are chosen. They are usually pulled from staff, guests, and attendees. They then watch the videos made at the same time as the audience. they then deliberate on which one is the best. At which point the winner is chosen.

I plan on forming the judging much like this, since as was stated, having teh audience judge could be unfair because there would be more friends (groupies) for one creator then another there.

As soon as the go ahead is given for the even we will start looking into judges as well as creators to compete. Look for threads reguarding each when this happends.

Medieval
Technical Staff
First Anime: Star Blazers

Postby Medieval » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:53 pm

Would equipment be provided or would we have to bring our own?

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH

Postby ngsilver » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:08 pm

Unfortunatly at this time we are unable to provide equipment, so for the editors involved, they would need to bring their own PC, monitor, mouse, keyboard, and headphones (it is recomended that you have them).

Other devices such as network cables, sound cables, and video cables to hook the PCs up to the projectors will be provided by me.

Perhaps in the years to come we will be able to supply the equipment. But as of right now that isn't a possibility.

Iceman_F1

Postby Iceman_F1 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:11 pm

Well, it does sound interesting, but I am pretty slow on making them and no way would I drag my comp down. I would offer to be a judge though since I am helping with the judging on the regular AMV contest as well. Meh. Whatever it is I'll help out if needed.
Iceman_F1
--------------
AMV Creator, PV Karaoke Timer and general Fansub helper. Work for #SD_Project and #Mognet.

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH

Postby ngsilver » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:13 am

Glad to have volunteers ^^ When we're ready to look for them I'll post something reguarding it.

I'd like to have a different set of judges then for the AMV contest itself. But we can have one or two of the same judges since I would like to see 6 judges for this competition.

Return to “AMVs and Fan Created Content”