Best Moments of the Weekend

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our first year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

trekkieb47

Postby trekkieb47 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:54 pm

Anne Packrat wrote:
HEATHEN NON-ANIME FAN! ^_^ Kidding, totally. Make sure you ranger fans check out the parody greatness that is the Shinesman anime.

Already bought Shinesman long ago.

And I am a total anime fan, I just came to Youmacon for the rangers, not the anime.

Berry

Miki_KM
First Anime: Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, Sailor Moon

Postby Miki_KM » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:56 pm

KatharineFaith wrote:Hey, all! 'Tis I, that infamous bloody Duo cosplayer. :lol: Thought I'd drop by and say hi, since I was in the neighborhood. I had an AWESOME time hanging out with all of you, especially my friendly stalkers and OZ contingent!

LOL and it was awesome being your manager!!!! Using the kimono fan from my sleeve to keep the mob of fan girls off of you. Ha Ha! i was your first stalker of the con! who happened to turn into a 'manager....' lol other highlights....

-shougi (f'sho!)
-anime hell and midnight madness
-Brad (sam/Chi knows what i'm talking about)
-shougi
-meeting new friends, like duo-chan, chi-chan, and jupiter-chan
-shougi
-splugring on my best friend's x-mas gift
-did i mention shougi?
-oh yeah and chillin' with duo-chan, chi-chan and jupiter-chan
KoriStarfire
(The user name I have on these forums pre-dates my cosplay days! #ImOld)

NeoMikey

Postby NeoMikey » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:06 am

Well, there were a lot of memorable moments during Youmacon for me. I'd say the most powerful one, being a Christian myself, was getting to meet and talk in-depth with Vic Mignogna, Caitlin Glass, and Johnny Yong Bosch about their faith and their work in the anime industry :) (they signed my pizza box! XD ).

~ I also had a lightsaber-to-Ginsu sword fight with Kristina Sa (...who also signed my pizza box!)
~ being an attention **** and passing out the CD's with my AMV's ^_^; (I got to talk to some awesome folks that way!)
~ I know some might have thought it iffy, but I enjoyed "Your Favorite Anime Sucks". Their knowledge of anime astounded me...then they proceeded to make fun of it >_>
~ I sung the Samurai Pizza Cats theme song a capella and scared/impressed the karaoke room! XD
~ seeing a lot of, lot of impressive art in the Artist Alley! That was a concentration of some really great art and artists!
~ getting to play Soul Caliber 3 against a member of Eyeshine, then Johnny himself!
~ buying a Megal Gear Solid 2 figure with the dread it might have been Raiden, but then turning out to be Snake himself! X3
~ I was in Mobile Fortress Polysester for a bit >_> I have a picture I'll get on here eventually! Who knew a fort could groove?

This con rocked hard! =) I haven't been happier with a con for quite some time! The size of it all might have been small, but the content provided within was fantastic. Great job, and I hope to make it next year! ^_^
:D

Miki_KM
First Anime: Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, Sailor Moon

yay!

Postby Miki_KM » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:29 pm

*GLOMP* PIZZA CAT-SAN!!!!!!! i heart thee!!!
~Kristen/Tomoyo
KoriStarfire
(The user name I have on these forums pre-dates my cosplay days! #ImOld)

KatharineFaith

Postby KatharineFaith » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:47 pm

*restrains self from glomping Pizza-Cat-san as well*

Your costume rocked, man! I don't know if I got to tell you that in person, but it was very spiffy! *thumbs up*

ubersaurus

Postby ubersaurus » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:31 pm

NeoMikey wrote:Well, there were a lot of memorable moments during Youmacon for me. I'd say the most powerful one, being a Christian myself, was getting to meet and talk in-depth with Vic Mignogna, Caitlin Glass, and Johnny Yong Bosch about their faith and their work in the anime industry :) (they signed my pizza box! XD ).

~ I also had a lightsaber-to-Ginsu sword fight with Kristina Sa (...who also signed my pizza box!)
~ being an attention **** and passing out the CD's with my AMV's ^_^; (I got to talk to some awesome folks that way!)
~ I know some might have thought it iffy, but I enjoyed "Your Favorite Anime Sucks". Their knowledge of anime astounded me...then they proceeded to make fun of it >_>
~ I sung the Samurai Pizza Cats theme song a capella and scared/impressed the karaoke room! XD
~ seeing a lot of, lot of impressive art in the Artist Alley! That was a concentration of some really great art and artists!
~ getting to play Soul Caliber 3 against a member of Eyeshine, then Johnny himself!
~ buying a Megal Gear Solid 2 figure with the dread it might have been Raiden, but then turning out to be Snake himself! X3
~ I was in Mobile Fortress Polysester for a bit >_> I have a picture I'll get on here eventually! Who knew a fort could groove?

This con rocked hard! =) I haven't been happier with a con for quite some time! The size of it all might have been small, but the content provided within was fantastic. Great job, and I hope to make it next year! ^_^

So you were the pizza cat?

I recall in a drunken haze you and Sam Fisher hanging out in our room friday night. What a time that was.
"The drums, the drums, the drums, the never-ending drumbeat. Open me, you human fool. Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty! "

"Two minutes to Belgium!"

NeoMikey

Postby NeoMikey » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:03 am

XD Fangirls and a drunken guy.... Yeah, I remember ya, Kristen, and drunken dude, I think that was actually Solid Snake. Anyways, for the curious....

Blanket dance!

FrenziedFury
Guest Relations Staff
First Anime: Spectreman

Postby FrenziedFury » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:01 am

NeoMikey wrote:~ I also had a lightsaber-to-Ginsu sword fight with Kristina Sa (...who also signed my pizza box!)

I remember that! That was with my lightsaber!! That was part of the coolest part of the weekend for me. So many people wanted to try out my lightsabers and duel with them! Winning my first ever cosplay award as Hunky no Jitsu Tenten was the best! And the fact that it was awarded by a fellow staffer and Naruto crossplayer was pretty cool. That and seeing Chicago clean up at the Masquerade all made for a helluva weekend! The best had to be Sunday night's festivities after the con was over! For those who were there, you know what I'm talking about!
Jayson D. Clarkson
Youmacon 2006 - 2011 Guest Relations ADH

I came here to kick **** and chew bubblegum... and my feet really hurt right now.

FrenziedFury
Guest Relations Staff
First Anime: Spectreman

Postby FrenziedFury » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:12 am

Negative Zero wrote:Oh yea, and the man with the mad Jedi powers that while deflecting my shots stuck one of the darts on the saber's blade. That rocked dude.

Dude, I remember that! That had to be the sweetest thing I've ever seen! Please tell me you have pictures of that!
Jayson D. Clarkson
Youmacon 2006 - 2011 Guest Relations ADH

I came here to kick **** and chew bubblegum... and my feet really hurt right now.

ubersaurus

Postby ubersaurus » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:58 pm

NeoMikey wrote:XD Fangirls and a drunken guy.... Yeah, I remember ya, Kristen, and drunken dude, I think that was actually Solid Snake. Anyways, for the curious....

Blanket dance!

He may have been Solid Snake, but he'll be Sam Fisher in our hearts forever.

broken link?
"The drums, the drums, the drums, the never-ending drumbeat. Open me, you human fool. Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty! "

"Two minutes to Belgium!"

NeoMikey

Postby NeoMikey » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:39 pm

ubersaurus wrote:He may have been Solid Snake, but he'll be Sam Fisher in our hearts forever.

broken link?
Sorry, I took down the picture when I thought the forums were gone for good. There's your fort!

...and everyone knows Snake could easily take Fisher, how could you compare? >_>

lunaslayer13
Operations Staff
First Anime: Ranma 1/2

volunteering

Postby lunaslayer13 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:29 am

It's me lunaslayer, april or the "line lady"
I had the time of my life volunteering, some of my greatest moment
~getting con op to sing the gofer song from caddyshack
~being super gofer
~bagde checking anime name that tune and only knowing one song from ccs
~dancing with fellow volunteers during anime hell to the fish fight song.
~evangelion redeath always great.
~getting 8 hours of sleep the entire weekend
~helping at anime shougi and explain what it was at the door.
~meeting a japanese business man and talking about anime with him
~playing with the line for the masquerde, everyone was very enjoyable and i will never forget it, i am glad you guys enjoy me in the moment nonsense, and me making a fool of myself.
~telling everyone that there were land mines next to the camera so people would not walk toward them.
~your favorite anime sucks
~tony or genji singing "dare to be stupid" at karaoke.
~Someone singing me to sleep over the radio, i hear it was billy.
~me and vic giving each other weird looks when ever we pass.
~closing cer. was funny and sad
ANd most importantly everyone i meet . josh, christina, steve, tony, morgan brad, owen, all of sercurity, jim, the jackville anime club, brad, joanna, chris,gus, all the tech staff i bother, and everyone else i still am trying to remember their name..Hoe? i love you guys
"Why are you so crazy?"
Mario to Toad

Ginji-kun
Video Programming DH
First Anime: Voltron/Go-Lion

Re: volunteering

Postby Ginji-kun » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:01 am

~tony or genji singing "dare to be stupid" at karaoke.

Yeah, I'm going to make sure that I sing that song at every Youmacon we have from here on out.
Are you the cancer killing your fandom? - http://www.fancancer.wordpress.com
"All human knowledge is contained in these words: Wait and Hope." Count of Monte Cristo.

ChibiKitsune20

Postby ChibiKitsune20 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:51 pm

NeoMikey wrote:~ being an attention **** and passing out the CD's with my AMV's ^_^; (I got to talk to some awesome folks that way!)

dude that was you passing out the cd with AMV's on it? O.O YOUR AUSOME MAN!!! I was the girl who asked for some Pizza xD. Listening to the Evangelion one so much my parents are screaming "PUT ON ANOTHER SONG!!!" xD

hmmm lets see good memorys

~Buying all that stuff in the dealers room eheh *huggles her CD*
~ Meeting Sanzo and Goku finally!!! haha SANZO!!!! *glomps*
~definately the concerts
~cosplaying
~ Sanzo ending up crashing in my room :D
~ when we went out to the car to get Sanzo's stuff I took my mom's fan and she told me to whack anyone who came near us with it lol
~ Playing in the groove till 3:30am >3
~ everyone who asked to take my picture made me feel so much better about my costume ^^
~ the whole con really since this was my first offical strictly 'anime' con :)
----Edit (yeah I rememberd more lol
~ lol Sanzo and I started waltzing and everyone was laughing xD
~ sitting out in the main entrence place with sanzo and goku listening to saiyuki music and the spoony bards
~ the dance also rocked >3 fear us for we are the dancing cats with light up ears o-o;;;

lol there are probably some I'm forgeting...yes...thats how bad my memory is....
Last edited by ChibiKitsune20 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I remember the old days ¦<......

I Ate My Lava Lamp
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Postby I Ate My Lava Lamp » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:58 pm

Wow. There was A.L.O.T.

***Haha, the Saiyuki Photoshoot was CHAOTIC!! It was so late, and I didn't have my monkey n.n; But she came and we got our pictures xD

*** MEETING LIRIN, HAKKAI, GOKU AND GOKU!!!

***And the dance was GREAT! Haha! I'm so glad I didn't stay in costume, I would have died.

***Haha...and the realization from Hakkai that I was me. X3

***And dancing with Hakkai on the balcony- And dancing with Sanzo!

***Fighting over Goku's Nyoi-Bo

***Getting about 30 minutes of sleep. Then coming down and spending the majority of the morning/night in the gaming room. Talking to the people who don't sleep!

*** Being so tired and needing my money in my purse so I could buy and pop but not being let back into the hotel room v.v;

***Getting HOT tea spilled ALL over me!

***That deja vu moment. I swear the girl was on my left! o_o; And I blink, and she's on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM!

*** Even More dancing!

***FULLMETAL FANTASY!

I'm sure there's more But I gotta run!
Youma 2012: Minako/FeMC (Persona 3)

Return to “2005 Memories”