Best Moments of the Weekend

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our first year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

trekkieb47

Postby trekkieb47 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:55 am

Hanging with the Power Rangers all weekend.

Awesome.

Berry

Anne Packrat
First Anime: Ranma

Postby Anne Packrat » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:09 am

trekkieb47 wrote:Hanging with the Power Rangers all weekend.

Awesome.

Berry

HEATHEN NON-ANIME FAN! ^_^ Kidding, totally. Make sure you ranger fans check out the parody greatness that is the Shinesman anime.
Anne Packrat
Chief Masquerade Yeller and Cosplay Registration

"If life gives you lemons make orange juice."

FlyingElf
First Anime: Slayers

Postby FlyingElf » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:14 pm

Meeting new people and hanging out with old. I go to cons mostly cause the people are so great and this con was no exception. Plus because I was stuck working gaming almost the entire time, I wasn't able to see nearly as much of the con as I wanted to. There were definitely some events I missed that I wanted to go to.

Still we got to rock out "Hit in America" in the karaoke room.
Anime Punch!
http://www.animepunch.org

Cacille
Guest of Honor

Postby Cacille » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:47 pm

- Playing with Eyeshine
-Spoony bards playing the star wars theme while walking behind a person cosplaying a Star Wars character, as they walked RIGHT INTO the grand ballroom where the whole of the convention was sitting!
-Ending up playing on stage in the ballroom while the con got stuff together. I just HAPPENED to have my dulcimer over in that general area for another reason.
-meeting the two artists in artist alley who didn't have a room, so we ended up sharing with them since we didn't have enough people in our room (we would have had to pay $200 between 2 people, then they joined us and it made it $50. What a financial load off my mind!)
-Getting free food and drinks from random places (totally not asked for, just offered) and free pocky!
-Ending up making friends with most of the artists.
-Seeing that prayer circle with Vic. That was powerful to walk by. (and I'm not even christian, but I can 'sense' the power built into that circle.)
-Having people ask for my signiture. Wow.

You guys have no idea how many small miracles happened to me this weekend. Youmacon was definitely a place that some Higher Power decided to smile on.
Spoony Bard: Rockin the Hammered Dulcimer - Anime Style!

k-wix

Postby k-wix » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:57 pm

~ Masqurade, most definitely. Snake+Irvine+Rikku=win.

~ listening to the Spoony Bards and then getting their autographs. Then discussing the 'community' with them. Then getting owned in Soul Calibur by them. Then.. listening to them some more. This was probably my absolute favorite thing at the con, beats it all out by a longshot - You guys rule and i hope to see you more.

~ The Blanket Fort. I can't possibly comprehend why.. how.. or.. what.. but.. yes.

~ Seeing how friendly everyone was. this was my first con experience and it was a fairly pleasent one, out of the 50-100+ complete strangers i talked at, only 1 was rude. Nice.

~ The Drive there and the Drive home. Yes.

~ The Rave Dance Saturday night.

~ Playing in the Super Smash Bro's Melee Tournament and getting my butt handed to me by a solid Metroid Player.. I self-killed myself atleast once but the battle was epic none-the-less, Congrats to the winner and runner-up, you guys know how to play jiggly+Peach Very well.

~ Playing Super Punchout all the way through on the Emulator you guys had going Friday Night.

~ Waiting in line for the masqurade and hearing people shout out favorite anime/anime characters. Whoever the 'line lady' was that coordinated that - kudo's

~ Being able to share my own remixed music with other people on-site :) Thank you laptops!

~ Playing Hugo (Street Fighter) on a game i've never played before and abusing his circle+punch attack that throws the enemy and takes quarter health to frustrate people.
<3

Ochika

Postby Ochika » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:32 pm

Definatly the Family Fued-ness XD the greatest moment of ANY con iv been too XD it was fun being loud and obnoxious without getting bad looks on occasion >_>all the people who came to my Cosplay Panel >_> <3 hearts for you. OH and when i made my chicken noise in the middle of the masq and everyone turned and looked at me and i was all like " DX< stop looking at me!!"

DarkPriestess

Postby DarkPriestess » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:45 pm

aahhh the Yaoi room!! ^_^ If your friend said he was scared away because a couple women screamed Yaoi it was my friends and I :lol:

~*~ Sitting in the yaoi room watching the movies was great, it was just my two female friends, myself, and a male friend. We had the room to ourselves and about 20 different men popped in and screamed "18 AND UP ROOM!! YES!!" We were all laying down across multiple chairs in the front row (except our male, he was laying on the floor) and we would pop up and they'd see us and go "WOMEN!!! DEAR **** YES ITS HEAVEN!!" We'd scream "Yaoi" they'd take one look at the screen and ran away very fast XD All except Sesshomaru. WE LOVE YOU SESSHY!!!

~*~ People actually knowing who I was cosplaying as on Saturday. Note to self: Remeber refernence material next time.

~*~ "Will Read Tarot Cards for Pocky!" One person actually took me up on that offer ^_^

~*~ Meeting Johnny Bosch as he was randomly wandering around the lobby at about 2 am or so.

~*~ Meeting up with people that I had met at other cons, and then just meeting new people in general ^_^

~*~ The vendor who kept hitting on me and offering me 5 or 10 off EVERYTHING on his table I touched.... just because I was in a Kimono.

~*~ Even though I didn't win in the Hall Cosplay ( :cry: ) I think it went over very well, and I'm happy with the results, and the masquerde was very good too
Nina - Breath of Fire 2 (massive purple wings have been retired)
Jing - King of Bandits: Jing (retired for now)
Mushroom Girl Spar - Breath of Fire 2
Stalker - Ragnarok Online

KatharineFaith

Postby KatharineFaith » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:06 pm

Hey, all! 'Tis I, that infamous bloody Duo cosplayer. :lol: Thought I'd drop by and say hi, since I was in the neighborhood. I had an AWESOME time hanging out with all of you, especially my friendly stalkers and OZ contingent!

bar1scorpio
Artists' Alley ADH
First Anime: Robotech

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:17 pm

Things I'll agree with that rocked-

_ Recreating a famous Veitnam war photo with Duo.

_ Tomoyo finally having her hands on a camcorder.

_ Um... getting pWned when I fell asleep.

_ Eyeshine telling me about getting pWned.

_ Yuri Lowenthal "Bad thing is, now I want one of each badge!"

_ Autograph. "You have the Badge Jutsu!"

_ Well attended ANime Anatomy & Beyond Pinups panels (I just hope I was useful)

_ TECHNO ELEVATOR!

_ Um.. Techno Elevator was actually more fun than the dance itself... the music was teh suxxor, and they didn't play the Time Warp at midnight!
"The world can be saved by steam!" - Professor Steamhead

"TANSTAAFL -There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!" - Robert Heinlen

Iceman_F1

Postby Iceman_F1 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:31 pm

Ochika wrote:Definatly the Family Fued-ness XD the greatest moment of ANY con iv been too XD it was fun being loud and obnoxious without getting bad looks on occasion >_>all the people who came to my Cosplay Panel >_> <3 hearts for you. OH and when i made my chicken noise in the middle of the masq and everyone turned and looked at me and i was all like " DX< stop looking at me!!"

Those were INDEED the highlights for me as well...as well as basically everything I got on video...=D
Iceman_F1
--------------
AMV Creator, PV Karaoke Timer and general Fansub helper. Work for #SD_Project and #Mognet.

deepplum

Postby deepplum » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:32 pm

some of my friends were the blanket fort people.

gosh, what weirdos. :wink:

hathor_sg1x
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby hathor_sg1x » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:07 pm

I had a blast here, I wish I could have attended Friday but I am def. coming and staying in the same hotel for Youmacon next year.

-Meeting a bunch of people from cosplay.com and talking to non-Michigan people(Link, Kira_elric and others)

-Stalking fellow Ed's lol(I was the one with the lightsaber/glasses)

-FullMetal Fantasy

-Vic's Edward pants/him signing my Edward plushie YEH!

-DDR with other people

-Hanging in Artist alley and talking to some of the Artist

-Getting a lesson on how to draw/kill people in the drawing room lol our 'sensei' was quite funny ^_^

-FMA photo shoot(I had a ball with this ^_^)

-Winry and her wrench VS Edward Elric and his lightsaber(speaking of which anyone get pictures/a video of this?)

-The band! I loved everything they were playing Sat/Sun it was from relaxing, dance worthy and whatever else. They know how to entertain a big group of people. I hope they come again :)

-Lurking on the 2ed floor and getting pictures at different angles of people.

-JEDI! + Sith Lando (I KNEW I should have hog tyed them and brought those two home lol)

All in all I had a great time I know this is for sure I am not going to MCCC anymore but here. I think I may pitch in the 16 hours and help out next year ^_^

puppetgeneral39

Postby puppetgeneral39 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:04 am

deepplum wrote:some of my friends were the blanket fort people.

gosh, what weirdos. :wink:

Yeah we sure were on the ball that night.

the female eiri yuki
Location: In front of the computer or in front of the art desk.

Postby the female eiri yuki » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:09 am

KatharineFaith wrote:Hey, all! 'Tis I, that infamous bloody Duo cosplayer. :lol: Thought I'd drop by and say hi, since I was in the neighborhood. I had an AWESOME time hanging out with all of you, especially my friendly stalkers and OZ contingent!

Thanks for pretty much MAKING the con for my Shu-chan lol She was so ungodsly excited that you cosplayed him!

Cordelia LeFay

Postby Cordelia LeFay » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:38 pm

KatharineFaith wrote:Hey, all! 'Tis I, that infamous bloody Duo cosplayer. :lol: Thought I'd drop by and say hi, since I was in the neighborhood. I had an AWESOME time hanging out with all of you, especially my friendly stalkers and OZ contingent!

*glomp*

Dude! We need to hang out more!

aka Princess Jupiter
For cosplay commissions, check out this link!
http://www24.brinkster.com/sithkittie/portfolio.html

Return to “2005 Memories”