Youmacon

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our first year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

kimba

Youmacon

Postby kimba » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:30 pm

Wasnt to happy about this one , nothing good to say, even for a first time convention

deepplum

Postby deepplum » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:10 pm

Way to be critical without offering any suggestions for improvement. Also, way to join the forum just to leave a critical one-liner. And if this isn't JUST about video programming, you're pretty much in the wrong place.

The video programming had issues but it went pretty well overall.

Hikaru0
Artists' Alley DH
First Anime: Vampire Hunter D

Postby Hikaru0 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:51 pm

o.O yeah....just saying that one sentance doesn't tell us much...what didn't you like about the con? just the video programming? What do you think we could've done differently?

That sort of stuff helps, y'know :/

Son Goku
First Anime: Sailor Moon/Ronin Warriors

Postby Son Goku » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:40 pm

Personally, I loved the Video Programming. It really opened my eyes to a few new animes. One that I was told was alot like Fushigi Yuugi. Indeed it was, but I see the differences between the two series and it REALLY has me intriqued, Thanks for the cool programs!
::Cosplay::
Turbo from Wreck-it Ralph
Banette Gijinka from Pokemon
Karkat from Homestuck

the female eiri yuki
Location: In front of the computer or in front of the art desk.

Re: Youmacon

Postby the female eiri yuki » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:22 pm

kimba wrote:Wasnt to happy about this one , nothing good to say, even for a first time convention

I agree with the others. That was a pretty pointless post. If you didn't like it you should say why so that improvements can be made for next year.

As for the video programming while we were there:
We were at Youma on Saturday from around one till around seven or so. We randomly switched back and forth between the vid rooms. I'm not sure what all anime we actually watched was, but in general it wasn't too bad. They didn't necessarilly appeal to us, but I think that's because we didn't get to watch a bunch of eppies in a row. And for some reason that's the way I get hooked. Sorry I'm not sure on the titles to be more helpful...

Oh and to those people who felt then need to talk to me during showings and I didn't know who you were: Please don't do that! It's rude! Wait until a show is over or something. Not while the show is playing. And stop trying to predict what's going to happen before it happens or announcing it if you already know. It ruins it for others who've never watched the show before.

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby ngsilver » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:26 pm

moved the thread as it didn't pertain to video programing

FlyingElf
First Anime: Slayers

Postby FlyingElf » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:40 am

Yes, please offer criticism if you didn't enjoy this year's convention. I personally thought it went off wonderfully, but theres always room for improvement and if theres something you think that we need to improve upon, please let us know.
Anime Punch!
http://www.animepunch.org

bar1scorpio
Artists' Alley ADH
First Anime: Robotech

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:49 pm

You don't understand, this isn't criticism in way of improving. This is complaining in order to be "cooler than thou". Happens all the time in the fandom.

Note:

(A) Troll refuses to Identify self, or even make a complete Profile.

(B) Troll refuses to say what went wrong that ruined the weekend for them. Perhaps the staff kept this person from running amok in the hentai room & drinking underage or something, or restricted them from going into saturday & sunday functions when all they bought was a friday ticket.
"The world can be saved by steam!" - Professor Steamhead

"TANSTAAFL -There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!" - Robert Heinlen

Miki_KM
First Anime: Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, Sailor Moon

Postby Miki_KM » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:32 pm

bar1scorpio wrote:You don't understand, this isn't criticism in way of improving. This is complaining in order to be "cooler than thou". Happens all the time in the fandom.

Note:

(A) Troll refuses to Identify self, or even make a complete Profile.

(B) Troll refuses to say what went wrong that ruined the weekend for them. Perhaps the staff kept this person from running amok in the hentai room & drinking underage or something, or restricted them from going into saturday & sunday functions when all they bought was a friday ticket.

agreed people who leave bad one liner complaints really aren't even worth listening to because they're not gonna read this thread after their own post. Personally i wish the con was every weekend for the rest of time! lol
KoriStarfire
(The user name I have on these forums pre-dates my cosplay days! #ImOld)

Return to “2005 Memories”