Thanks youmacon!

Includes photos, reports, and suggestions from our first year.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Chibik3r0

Thanks youmacon!

Postby Chibik3r0 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:18 pm

For a first year con, you guys all did a spectacular job. It was definately worth the drive from Toronto for this con. I had a great time at the panels that I went to, the Anime Family Feud, the masquerade, and really enjoyed the small, cozy feel of the con despite a few minor delays which can be expected at any convention. I'll definately be returning next year!

OH YES!

Hikaru0
Artists' Alley DH
First Anime: Vampire Hunter D

Postby Hikaru0 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:18 am

OH YES!!!!!!!

It was great being in Otaku Family Feud with you Chibik3r0!!!! I'm so glad you had a good time! :D

It was fun seeing Team Ohio and Team Canada!

Puruto-sama

Postby Puruto-sama » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:12 am

I totally agree. My drive was only 15 minutes, but it was still worth going. The concert was amazing. Kristine Sa and Eyeshine were both wonderful. The voice actors you got were so nice. I'm sure some of the big name ones brought in more guests, too.

All the panels that I went to were great. I love how Caitlyn Glass did the origami panel, something other than voice acting. She is very charismatic and I hope to see her back there next year.

Who couldn't love The Spoony Bards?

The video programming always seemed to be running off the set schedule, so the only thing I actually knew what I was watching, and it wasn't the last episode were a few random PVs. Thats my only complaint.

Other than that little thing, I was really impressed. I've been to a lot of cons and this ran very smoothly, not even for a first year. I've been to (un-named con) where nothing ran right the entire time and they were around their 10th year.

Very good Youmacon. Much love. I'll be back next year. You're on my "every year" list.

kiki

Youmacon 2005

Postby kiki » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:22 am

Just wanted to say I really had a great time. It was my first time to an anime con and even though I was only there on Saturday, everything seemed to run very well.

The setting was great. Both the hotel staff and the con organizers were helpful and polite. (This hasn't been the case at other type cons that I've attended.)

Congratulations to everyone who worked on it. You did a great job. Hope to see you next year.

Medieval
Technical Staff
First Anime: Star Blazers

Postby Medieval » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:06 pm

Family and I had a great time. We definitely want to come again next year.

Though I think next year we will get a room at the hotel. Saves on driving back and fourth, and when our daughter gets sleepy rather than having to leave we can just take her to our room.

But I think our little girl had more of a blast than I or my wife. She got to see a lot of people and really enjoyed spending time several people in the artist alley, as well as with the group and Caitlin Glass at the reading she and Vic were doing in the lobby. I would of listened, but I was at that moment also trying to make sure she didn't touch any of the Spoony Bards equipment.

And if she annoyed anyone, I sincerely apologize. :?

Iceman_F1

Postby Iceman_F1 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:22 pm

OH YES!!

That was one of my favorite parts of the con ^_^

I hope to have some video of the Family Feud later. I tried to get as much as possible but I started to run out of mem. card so I had to only get select things and not much of the talking :(

Again, I'll probably go again since I was the one that drove Chibik3r0 to the con so it would be just as easy to go with them next year.
Iceman_F1
--------------
AMV Creator, PV Karaoke Timer and general Fansub helper. Work for #SD_Project and #Mognet.

Son Goku
First Anime: Sailor Moon/Ronin Warriors

Postby Son Goku » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:34 pm

I LOVED IT!! *flail* ^___^ This year was amazing! I had so much fun at the convention this year. I learned a few new Animes that I want to see thanks to the Video Programming, I had a great time with the AMVs, everyone was so nice and friendly.(Which is good especially for staff! I've been to 2 things this year where staff has been evil!) But everyone here as I said were very nice.

*thinks* Lesee, I LOVED all of the guests! :) All of them were really really polite, funny and just awesome! Thanks for making YoumaCon! It makes me so happy to know that we have an awesome con like this so close to home!

I can't wait for Next Year! ^___^
::Cosplay::
Turbo from Wreck-it Ralph
Banette Gijinka from Pokemon
Karkat from Homestuck

Shi

Postby Shi » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:01 pm

AaaHhhh YeeSsss!!!

I swear my heart is still there at the Con. XD YoumaCon is my very first convention. I've heard that first Con experience leave a great impression on the person and that some had a horrible experience that turn them off from going to more con and some had a great experience. So, I would really really like to thank you so much for doing just an awesome job with the con. All the programs run smoothly and like someone mention before, there are delays but, it's worth the wait because there are staff that help entertain us during that time. All the guests are super nice, cheerful, and you just love them. All the staff too. XD Love how they dress up as characters. I think Scott is so cool dressing as Howl from Howl's Moving Castle and the one dressing up as Jiraiya, pikachu, etc. You have make my very first con, my weekend, and drive worthwhile and fun. It is also close to home. I'll definitely go next year. So looking forward to it.

W00t!! Go YoumaCon!!

Nosredna
Platinum Attendee

Postby Nosredna » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:05 pm

I had a great time too! This was my first con too and it was a blast. I hope there's a next year!

I see we have some of the "Oh Yes!" team here, your team was fun to watch (as was the other team), but it was great to hear you yell out your team name

Arigato Youmacon!!!!!!!

Anne Packrat
First Anime: Ranma

Postby Anne Packrat » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:03 pm

Oddly enough I think this is one of the best cons I've attended since Anime USA 2001. And the con chair didn't seem to be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Which should tell you something about how organized it was.

Jeez, and everyone was so friendly.
Anne Packrat
Chief Masquerade Yeller and Cosplay Registration

"If life gives you lemons make orange juice."

NotDave
First Anime: Ronin Warriors

Postby NotDave » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:20 pm

I aswell would like to say that this was an excellent con, especially for its first time. Though there were those little bumps on the first day, it was a great first con for the con, and for attendees. The events were all quite cool, and you had excellent guests. As a plus, everyone was so friendly, even the extremely intimidating-looking security. One stopped me when I was running back and forth in a little chase, and I expected to be reprimanded or scolded as he started to talk, he told me I was 'it' and to "Go get 'em." I can't wait for next year's con, and am anticipating it greatly.

Iceman_F1

Postby Iceman_F1 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:23 pm

Nosredna wrote:I see we have some of the "Oh Yes!" team here, your team was fun to watch (as was the other team), but it was great to hear you yell out your team name

I wasn't ON the team...but I was part of their "Cheering" section =P

Such a fun running gag that was XD
Iceman_F1

--------------

AMV Creator, PV Karaoke Timer and general Fansub helper. Work for #SD_Project and #Mognet.

Ochika

Postby Ochika » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:27 pm

i was suppose to be on the OH YES team, but i gave up my spot very last minute cause chibik3r0 knew more then me XD. i was probably the loudest one there...and also the one who made the chicken noise XD

but **** this is one of the BEST cons iv been to, second only to otakon. i loved it so much, from all the great people who were at my cosplaying panel, to everyone in general, it was so smooth and didnt seem like a first year at all

<3 congrats to the staff on a con well run

and a big yaybo to everyone who knew who i was on saturday <3 demon diary

Nikolai
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby Nikolai » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:41 pm

Puruto-sama wrote:The video programming always seemed to be running off the set schedule, so the only thing I actually knew what I was watching, and it wasn't the last episode were a few random PVs. Thats my only complaint.

Yeah, sorry about that. I did my best to try to keep things on schedule after the late start; Video 1 was prettty much on time by late Friday night and Video 3 was always on schedule, but Video 2 for some reason kept stopping at random times. >_< So I decided to let it run late instead of doing something like skipping forward right in the middle of an episode of Tsubasa Chronicle.

AiboshiIVORY

Postby AiboshiIVORY » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:10 pm

I enjoyed this con very much! I was never bored. Even riding the elevatoirs for hours was a heck a lot of fun (yes that was me along with my good friend, Jin). The security was so nice and the staff were calm yet had everything under control. Youmacon in it's first year, did so much better than a certain con since it first started! i was so happy! It was definitely worth going. The guests were really good choices (yay vic!)and you have some VERY good events and panels. I was so sad it ended T.T
Cosplayed Yuber from Suikoden 3.

Return to “2005 Memories”