Platinum Badge Questions; Post them here.

Questions on registering for the convention? Find info here!

Moderators: Greyshift, Public Moderators

broken-and-lonely
First Anime: Sailormoon!

Platinum Badge Questions; Post them here.

Postby broken-and-lonely » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:42 pm

I figured making a generic platinum badge post would be faster for the mods. Anyway, I do actually have a question too. Last year I bought a platinum badge and I never got a giftbag or w/e only a shirt. Were there any gift bags even?

P.S. I dont know how this got posted in 2007 memories when I clicked the post a new topic thing in registration.... Can someone move this? O.o

[Consider it moved][l33t m0d 1337]
AKA Spooky Elric
ConCount: 33
Artist Alley Count: 15
I have been a lot of things at cons: attendee, staffer, department head, vendor, cosplayer, artist, panelist and guest. I think my favourite thing to be is AT a convention :D

Greyshift
Vice Con Chair / Registration DH

Postby Greyshift » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:15 am

The t-shirt voucher was in the gift bags. The gift bags looked just like the regular bags, but had a few extra items in it. The three vouchers were the big ticket items, but the was also some designer soaps that had been provided by one of the companies that sent us stuff. (i think it was some liquid soaps but i don't remember exactly) i know that a small number of platinum members didn't get the soaps as there weren't enough. but if you got the vouchers and a bag with the program guide and such in it, then you did get the bag. (I know we ran out of physical bags sometime satuerday, man there were alot of people last year)
"Now All we need is a little Energon, and alot of luck"

End of line.

broken-and-lonely
First Anime: Sailormoon!

Postby broken-and-lonely » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:40 pm

I guess I had too high of hopes then =/ I was thinking maybe I missed out on something super cool...
AKA Spooky Elric
ConCount: 33
Artist Alley Count: 15
I have been a lot of things at cons: attendee, staffer, department head, vendor, cosplayer, artist, panelist and guest. I think my favourite thing to be is AT a convention :D

Mr. Robot
First Anime: Speed Racer

Postby Mr. Robot » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:46 am

So what exactly is special about the gift bags for Platinum except for the shirt?

I don't usually don't go to any of the stuff like the Masquerade for the seating to come in handy, nor do I care that much about the whole special access stuff (Not that it wouldn't be nice, but it's not essential to me), but I do care about the shirt, tourney, and Maid Cafe, which by my math without a Platinum that would cost $75 with a regular registration, so I'm kind of on the fence about a Platinum and I'm wondering what the extra stuff in the bag is to decide whether it's worth it for me to go Platinum :| .

Greyshift
Vice Con Chair / Registration DH

Postby Greyshift » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:23 pm

What ends up in the gift bags varies from year to year. It mostly depends on what swag we have access to. (this is why we don't say what it is, we won't know until almost con time.)
"Now All we need is a little Energon, and alot of luck"

End of line.

Return to “Convention Registration”