Con Ja Nai XXI - Free Ann Arbor Anime Screening March 14

Discussion and promotion of events besides Youmacon. Read the rules inside for restrictions on starting new threads.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Kip
First Anime: Samurai Pizza Cats

Con Ja Nai XXI - Free Ann Arbor Anime Screening March 14

Postby Kip » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:52 pm

So once again it is time for one of my favorite conventions of the year: Con Ja Nai!
Who is going this year?

We have some people that are traveling from the Grand Rapids area this year, so if you are looking for a ride, feel free to post.

ABOUT:
Con Ja Nai (Eng: "Not a Con") takes place in Ann Arbor at U of M on Sat. March 14. The event consists of a full day of screening rooms showing everything from the very newest anime to classic series, and all things in between.

There are some game shows, a raffle, and a costume contest toward the end of the night, and a maid cafe, back by popular demand!

According to their Facebook event page, special guests this year include Jad Saxton (OMG, she looks adorable) and Tony Oliver.

As a bonus, CJN is located Downtown in Ann Arbor; that means we can take trips to Pinball Pete's, Bubble Island bubble tea, and a really cool Japanese restaurant called Totoro!!
Some of the most fun you can have at this show is just exploring Ann Arbor and hanging out between events!

Word on the street is this year CJN will be adding vendors for the first time, making their event... well... more like a con! XD

Here's last year's schedule of events.

Stay tuned to http://www.animaniaumich.com/index.php/con-ja-nai-xxi for updates.

Also: This year's theme is White Day, for March 14! In Japan Valentine's Day is when a girl gives a guy she likes chocolates, but White Day is the day the guys return the favor.

Edit: I just got word the show is running from 10:00 AM to midnight this year, despite the poster.
Cosplays
'15:
TBD

BigDoug
First Anime: Riding Bean

Re: Con Ja Nai XXI - Free Ann Arbor Anime Screening March 14

Postby BigDoug » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:58 pm

I am always there. I live in the Ann Arbor area so it's not too far away.

You're the Miazaki-san I see there and at Youma aren't you?!
Formerly PsychoLee
Cosplays for Youmacon 2017:
Gendo Ikari - Done but needs adjustments
Kyubey - Working on it... doesn't help that a lot of costume and other stuff is like "IN STOCK NOV 1".
MAYBE Lupin III

Kip
First Anime: Samurai Pizza Cats

Postby Kip » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:45 am

BigDoug wrote:I am always there. I live in the Ann Arbor area so it's not too far away.

You're the Miazaki-san I see there and at Youma aren't you?!

That I am! I'll see you there, then. No plans for a costume this year, though.

Also: THE SCHEDULE IS LIVE! www.conjanai.org
Cosplays
'15:
TBD

Marrigand
First Anime: Marrigand

Postby Marrigand » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:19 pm

I am a new member And want to talk to anyone. I always enjoy these topics.

Return to “Other Cons, Events, and Gatherings”