2014 Gathering

Discussion and promotion of events besides Youmacon. Read the rules inside for restrictions on starting new threads.

Moderator: Public Moderators

herenity86
First Anime: Sailor Moon

2014 Gathering

Postby herenity86 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Hey guys so I know I am clearly not the only one who misses all my friends during the convention cause I am away at different panels so an idea came to mind why not on a Friday at some point during the night since well we don't get much sleep normally why don't we all have a meet up say at Winter Gardens at 9 10 or so and just like have a massive huge hang out there. I'll probably share a ton of pockey and probably take tons of photos of all my friends with their awesome cosplays that I rarely get to see during the convention and the same for all of you too. Then it'll be a great opportunity to finally like actually meet the people we miss all the time. I am doing this mostly because I live three hours away in Canada and the conventions around me suck big time compared to youmacon and are way too expensive as well even for small ones. So I thought this would be a neat idea and another great way to meet new people make new friends and have a chance for everyone to swap numbers and facebooks. I was also thinking it would be awesome if I maybe brought my laptop and I could host karaoke myself that has actual lyrics show on the screen and can give out prizes to the winner. So please let me know if you guys are into it or not cause I so totally am.

Torma Ximnus
First Anime: Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Slayers

Re: 2014 Gathering

Postby Torma Ximnus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:55 pm

There is a significant chance that you and I have never met, but I like the way you think. I would definitely love to participate in something like this. This, this right here, is a large part of what cons are all about. The problem is that we are all making our own schedules and only coming across people in passing, which kind of sucks.

herenity86
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby herenity86 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Torma Ximnus wrote:There is a significant chance that you and I have never met, but I like the way you think. I would definitely love to participate in something like this. This, this right here, is a large part of what cons are all about. The problem is that we are all making our own schedules and only coming across people in passing, which kind of sucks.

Sorry about the UBER late response but I am not going due to unforeseen financial circumstances. I would love for someone else to maybe still organize it for sure. It's also a great way for people to get over shyness too.

reeta
First Anime: dss

Postby reeta » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:14 am

Fine night tonight isn't it?~ :rotfl:

Watome_shasuki
First Anime: Cowboy bebop

Postby Watome_shasuki » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:24 pm

herenity86 wrote:
Torma Ximnus wrote:There is a significant chance that you and I have never met, but I like the way you think. I would definitely love to participate in something like this. This, this right here, is a large part of what cons are all about. The problem is that we are all making our own schedules and only coming across people in passing, which kind of sucks.

Sorry about the UBER late response but I am not going due to unforeseen financial circumstances. I would love for someone else to maybe still organize it for sure. It's also a great way for people to get over shyness too.

I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it!!!! :D
GIF.! RUN!!!!!

SaitoKojima
First Anime: Hokuto no Ken

Postby SaitoKojima » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Seeing how there's nothing major going on Friday night for me, so far, I might come by and hang with you folks that day on the 31st. :kirby:
Cosplaying as:
Sans - Undertale

Whoo859
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Postby Whoo859 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:14 pm

I might be game.

Watome_shasuki
First Anime: Cowboy bebop

Postby Watome_shasuki » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:28 pm

I will bring my cards against humanity with me to the gathering. So we can beg to see at the end who the worst person is in the group!
GIF.! RUN!!!!!

Whoo859
First Anime: Dragonball Z

Postby Whoo859 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:26 pm

NICE :clap:

Return to “Other Cons, Events, and Gatherings”