Blind convention goer looking for a guide and a friend

Attendees looking to share a room or ride for Youmacon.

Moderator: Public Moderators

BlindGamerAdventures
First Anime: Bleach

Blind convention goer looking for a guide and a friend

Postby BlindGamerAdventures » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Hello,

My name is Fernanda. I am a 25 year old blind female who has had an interest in anime and gaming since childhood. I also have a three year old standard grey poodle named Koda as my Guide Dog. Due to a series of events my friends I usually attend this convention with cannot attend this year. Though I like to pride myself on my independence and mobility; even I can concede that walking around a crowed convention centre in downtown Detroit wouldn't be the safest of ideas.

Therefore I am looking for someone to help me. I am willing to pay this individual for their service. Tasks would include:
Guiding me where I wish to go
Reading panel list
Describing people's cosplay
Describing and helping me find something in the Dealer's Hall
Just imagine what you would want to see or experience if you had your eyes closed

By no means do I want you to feel as if you are some sort of Caretaker though. There are times when I am fine with sitting in the room for a while and you can do as you please. If I'm sitting in a panel or waiting in a line you are not at all required to wait there with me. I still want you to have a fun convention in your own right.

I will be cosplaying as Futaba Sakura from Persona 5. I'm more into JRPGS than anime these days. I'm introverted, but not exactly shy. In the end I just want to be interactive and enjoy the convention just like anyone else.

Please respond to this thread or PM me if you are willing to help me. I truly appreciate it in advance. Thank you.

BlueFlameRy
First Anime: Dragon ball Z

Re: Blind convention goer looking for a guide and a friend

Postby BlueFlameRy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:38 am

I wouldn't mind helping out but I do run a booth so if we can work around that be my pleasure and I could help with dealer room discount

Return to “Room and Ride Share”