Introductions

Other topics not relating to Youmacon and general conversations.

Moderator: Public Moderators

sessel
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew

Re: Introductions

Postby sessel » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:40 am

Hello! My forum name is "sessel", but in other places, I respond to A.J. I've only really been into anime for about three years, even though I've been watching it for as long as I can remember. I think I could be doing a lot more productive stuff then watching anime, but meh, who cares? I like exercise, running/jogging, and meeting new people with common interests. I'm not that shy of a person, but I'm pretty under-spoken most of the time. I love rhythm gaming. My experience includes FlashFlashRevolution, Stepmania, about a year of DDR and various other rhythm games. I also used to be a major CoD fan, but I'll still hop on once in a while. Also, as you could probably conclude from my profile picture, I'm a brony, I guess. My very first anime convention was Alma '13, but I'm attending Youmacon '13 and hopefully many other conventions in the future as well. It has been nice meeting all of you! It's going to take me a while to read all of the info, but I guess in the end, it wouldn't hurt to make a few new friends.

See you guys at the con(s)!

Oh, and feel free to contact me by PM'ing me or Skyping me at sethjcoleman14
Pinkie Pie kind of reminds me from Felicia from Darkstalkers. Am I the only one?

Cicero
First Anime: Lupin the 3rd

Postby Cicero » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:36 am

Hi, I'm Zack.

I haven't been to Youmacon since.... ****, can't remember. I think I was at the very first one... I was YOUNG. Anywho...

I'm 22, i'm what you'd call a "Con Veteran" (Youmacon will be my 56th convention adventure). I'm currently going to school for Photography.

My first anime was Lupin the 3rd when I was very young... not a show youngins' should see... Anyways, I don't really know what to put here... So... Hi.

I will be Cosplaying as Cicero from Skyrim a majority of the con. I might throw in some Booker DeWitt from Bioshock Infinite or maybe I might do Scarecrow from Batman (the suit one from the movie). Hope to meet a lot of new friends. Live long and prosper.

KnitChick
Guest Relations Staff
First Anime: Sailor Moon

Postby KnitChick » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:10 am

Hi there! I'm KnitChick, and this year will be my first Youmacon but definitely not my first convention! It is my first out-of-town convention, though. And it's all Cactusmomma's fault.

I've been attending conventions in the Chicago area since 2007, when I really got into cosplay. I've been to Wizard World Chicago, Chicago TARDIS, Anime Central, KollisionCon, C2E2, and Cyphan. :) I've been staffing Anime Central since 2009 and this year I'm adding Youmacon and Chicago TARDIS and C2E2 to my staffing roster. Because I apparently don't like actually seeing stuff at cons.

Let's see...when I'm not busy with work (as a cataloging associate) or being a frazzled department head for Acen, I knit, cosplay, watch far too much Doctor Who, fundraise for the American Cancer Society through the Relay For Life of Norridge/Harwood Heights, and make appearances as a member of Ghostbusters: Chicago Division. Oh and spend way too much time online. :D
Second year at Youmacon!!
Con/Cosplay list:
Youmacon 2014: Uncertain but probably Ace, maybe 50s Sailor Mercury
Chicago TARDIS 2014: 50s style Dalek, Jamie MacCrimmon, Ace
Chi-Fi 2015: Nightcrawler (X-Men), Fires of Pompeii Donna Noble

keito_hime

Postby keito_hime » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi! I'm Kate! Please feel free to message me. I love to chat.

-A Short Timeline-
2005: Youmacon started the year before I graduated Highschool. I'm guessing there wasn't a lot of advertising for it or I would have been all about attending it!
2006-2012: I graduated and immediately went into the military, returning the summer of 2012. I got to attend Youmacon for 1 day, strictly to see Steam Powered Giraffe.
2013: I will be attending Youmacon while wearing my first serious cosplay! (GodTier Jade!)

The Con This Year:
- Youmacon 2013 will only be about my 4th or 5th con.
- I want to make lots of friends this year, both via this forum and at the con. I am seriously so excited about this that it's like waking up way to early Christmas morning and counting the seconds until everyone else wakes up for gift opening. I want to talk and talk about it. Daydream about it. I think my over excitement has almost everything to do with this being my first serious cosplay and attending with my two new friends along with my husband! (Newly weds! Woohoo!)
- I also have a yellow business card stored on my iTouch for people to photograph in order to keep touch with me during and after the con. In addition I will have about 50 hard copy cards to hand out to those without cameras. (More if I get more ink and have the time.)

My Fandoms: Supernatural, Doctor Who, Homestuck, Harry Potter, Night Vale, (old) World of Darkness, The Walking Dead, (And so many more...)

My Idol: Joss Whedon
Last edited by keito_hime on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ISOS_Duke
Platinum Attendee
First Anime: Tokyo Mew Mew/Pokemon

Postby ISOS_Duke » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:46 am

I don't recall having posted here, so just in case I haven't:

So, my name is Duke, though if you really insist I can tell you that you can also call me Samantha, if you really want to.

2013 will be my second year attending Youmacon, my second convention ever attended, and my first time cosplaying. I'm putting myself out of my comfort zone with my costume as my strong point has always been special FX makeup; I worked as the lead makeup artist for a haunted house for about two and a half years, though special FX makeup has been something I had always done for fun since around 2006 or so.

I am currently in my final semester of my bachelors in accounting degree, though I was originally going for graphic design. In all reality, I'm really hoping to use my degree to open my own business in the future.

I'm a big anime/manga buff, though I've been tending to read lesser known stories online than larger ones (would be why school work and my cosplay have slowed down a bit...). I'm also an avid gamer, though I've been taking a slight break to actually allow myself to do something other than that. Game-wise, I've been into MMOs lately (new and shiny for me, even if they've been out forever) and I plan on rebooting my WoW account once Youma comes to an end. I do also greatly enjoy Dawn of War (Farseer, I shall cosplay you one day!) and Age of Empires III.

This year for Youma on plan on cosplaying Ruby Rose from Roosterteeth's newest series RWBY and can't wait to see what else I decide on for future cons!
Cosplays
2015 - Mega Rayquaza (Pokemon)
2015 - Inquisitor Levallen (Dragon Age Inquisition)
2014 -Queen Elsa (Frozen)
2013 - Ruby (RWBY)

SapphireDragonDX
First Anime: Either Dragonball Z or Pokémon

Postby SapphireDragonDX » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Greetings to all of you! My name is SapphireDragonDX. It's my usual internet alias, to be precise.

I actually got started going to Youmacon all the way back at 2009, mainly because A) A good, local friend of mine was suggesting me to check it out; and B) Doug Walker and Linkara were going to be there and I'm a fan of their work. It was only for 1 day though, but I discovered how cool Youmacon is with all the neat anime/manga/videogame-related stuff. I've been able to continue going to the con for years 2011 to 2013 and I look forward to next year and beyond.

It's kinda funny that I just now started joining the forums despite being a fan of the con for a few years. Perhaps I just didn't give it much thought until now. Anywho, I'm kinda hoping that the discussions in here will be just as fun (or awkward? :lol: ) as they are at the con.

BlackKnight

Postby BlackKnight » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Hello! I am Nikolai Montoya. Someone here killed my father. They should prepare to die.

Lol, j/k. :)

Ok, seriously, my name is Niko, and I live in Taylor. I just went to my first con ever this weekend and wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been into Anime, Gaming and Japanese culture for as long as I can remember, and I basically grew up with it. My first Animes were Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball, though at the time I just thought they were regular old cartoons. Can you blame me though? I was like.... 6, 7 or 8 at the time lol. Anyways, as I got older, I began to discover that the cartoons I grew up with were actually Animes, and developed a taste for it. And I still am a big fan of Anime today.

So there you have it. The short story at least ... I can go on for pages about all of the Anime I have seen in my life. ;)

Ashura09
First Anime: Soul Eater

Postby Ashura09 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Hey, I'm Alaina~ My first con was Youma 2010 and it was an absolute blast. I was immediately hooked to the convention scene and hope to continue to come to every Youmacon event for as long as I'm into anime (which I don't think will be over anytime soon lol)

AoShun
First Anime: Rurouni Kenshin

Postby AoShun » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:27 pm

I'll keep my name off here for now, but 2013 was my first Youmacon, it was a blast. The rave was spectacular even though I broke my ankle the first night and still went the second night to bounce around.

I really look forward to meeting more people next time and maybe getting to be more outspoken and less reserved.

I plan to make Youmacon a yearly tradition for me to be at so keep an eye out for me.

Hoping to start doing real cosplay next year and kicking back and enjoying the fun times!

Return to “Can't Sleep, Con Will Eat Me...”