Introductions

Other topics not relating to Youmacon and general conversations.

Moderator: Public Moderators

I Ate My Lava Lamp
First Anime: Tenchi Muyo

Introductions

Postby I Ate My Lava Lamp » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:14 pm

I didn't see a thread like this elsewhere, so I thought it might be a good idea to start one. This is where you can introduce yourself and tell people who you are and all that yummy stuff. So, go on, it is inevitable to resist the attraction of this introduction thread......

Here I go:

My name is Lava~ A lot of people call that, or Rosie, whatever. JAFAX 05/Youma 05 was my first convention. I am a big anime fan, but I also love video games, music, cosplaying, manga, and such. I am a big Yuri fan, and I love meeting people at conventions. I know I'll be attending them for awhile. I'm going to college for Arts & Humanities with a focus in French and Japanese. I read all the time. My favorite anime are Utena, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Higurashi.

I keep editing this because I feel awkward looking at 2006-me.

Feel free to contact me; instant messaging is on that convenient little bar with the icons....

So, tell me a little about yourself!

[Stickied by 1337 m0d][reason: cool thread, needs to stay]
Last edited by I Ate My Lava Lamp on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:46 am, edited 7 times in total.
Youma 2012: Minako/FeMC (Persona 3)

the female eiri yuki
Location: In front of the computer or in front of the art desk.

Postby the female eiri yuki » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:22 pm

Huh, okay, I'll give this a shot and I'll try to keep it short.

My name is Sarah and I'm already old, I think. I like anime, manga, and yaoi thanks to my Shu-chan. Youmacon was our first convention, we don't know yet whether we'll be going again or not this year, we'll just have to see. Other than anime related interests I like reading and movies, the internet/webpaging, and drawing/painting. Oh, and I apparently make a mean ham. My current favoirte quote is "Dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians!"

Tatsuha
First Anime: Ranma 1/2

Postby Tatsuha » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:39 pm

Meh, i'll join in.

My name is Anthony. Most people call me Tatsuha, Tatsu-kun, Gir, Bridget, or Ant Ha. I love all aspects of anime, except Rozen Maiden. I'm an avid gamer, whether it be an MMO or music gaming; I love it. Youmacon 06 will be my 9th con, and my first time running a department.

My myspace is www.myspace.com/zukiyomi and my LJ is http://kenshinddrfreak.livejournal.com

So...who are you?
~2005 - 2007 Gaming Staff ( ADH, DH, ADH )
~ Winners of the 2008 Rock Band 2 Tournament ( Leader of Severe Fatality )

Satsuke

Postby Satsuke » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:36 pm

Meh Okay....

My name is Ashley, but no one really calls me that People call me Satsuke(Saht-sue-kay), Gojyo, Nikki, or whatever other nickname they come up with, lol. I Love anime, manga, video games, conventions, yaoi, yuri, and a bunch of other stuff. My current favorite quote is "Silence is golden, but ducktape is silver". I'm pretty easy to get along with and I laugh...A LOT!

I Ate My Lava Lamp

Postby I Ate My Lava Lamp » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:40 pm

Satsuke wrote:and I laugh...A LOT!

This I know well. XD

Satsuke

Postby Satsuke » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:51 pm

Pfft, of course you know XD you've had to keep me from falling over from laughter how many times now? XD

ChibiKitsune20

Postby ChibiKitsune20 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:39 pm

hmmmm let us see

My name is Mairi but friends call me Hakkai, Kitty, MarsBars, and my new one Lisa ((don't ask >>;;; )) lets see I love anime, manga, SiFi, computers, fantasy, Yaoi..........the list goes on people we'd be here all day >,>. Um YOumacon '06 will be....if all goes as planned my 6th con weeeeeeeeeeeee =D. hmmm lets see I've been into anime since I was 5 when my parents let me watch Princess Mononoke........and they wonder why I have mental problems -.-;;; *cough* anyways hmmmmm

Myspace ------------> http://www.myspace.com/kitsune20
msg board -------------> http://chibikitsune20.proboards106.com/index.cgi

yup....I'll think of more things later but yeah....lol bad memory
I remember the old days ¦<......

Satsuke

Postby Satsuke » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:10 am

Heh XD ya, Hakkai, gosh why do you have mental
problems? Well.....O_O mine arn't any better..oh well XD
yay for anime inflicted(Is that the word I'm looking
for? o_O;; *just woke up*)mental problems :D

I Ate My Lava Lamp

Postby I Ate My Lava Lamp » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:00 pm

Satsuke wrote:
yay for anime influenced mental problems :D

Satsuke

Postby Satsuke » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:28 pm

Sankyuu, yes Influenced. Oh how poorly the brain works when it just wakes up XD

CyberBotX
Platinum Attendee

Postby CyberBotX » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:10 am

I'll join in for the hell of it. >.>

My name is Naram, it's of middle-eastern origin, but I was born in the states, my parents are from Iraq. I live up in Macomb, which at times can be so far away from everything else in the metro Detroit area. I go by CyberBotX or CBX online, but Naram offline, and sometimes online too, depending on my mood. I love computers and video games, and even since I got introduced to anime 4 or 5 years ago (I can't remember how long, but I believe I was 17 or 18 at the time), I've loved anime as well. Last year going to Youmacon '05 was my first con ever, so this year Youmacon '06 will be only my 2nd. I didn't cosplay last year, but I want to this year. I have some pictures of myself and where I used to live (Phoenix, AZ) here. I also took some pics at Youmacon 2005, seen here. I do mostly computer programming and playing video games, and just this month I started going back to school, going for a Bachelors in Game Design at IADT in Troy. I have a job at a printing shop that my uncle runs, but it's kinda a crappy job. If I could find other work, I would, but life's tough like that.

I don't have a MySpace page, don't believe in them. <.< Besides, I have my own webserver, I don't need no MySpace page! >.>

Watasi_no_Isu
First Anime: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Postby Watasi_no_Isu » Mon May 01, 2006 11:05 pm

Greetings to all from Watasi_no_Isu.. My screen name is in Japanese for
I haven't taken Japanese to not use it! It pretty much means that 'I'
have possesion over Isu 'chair'. Yes I said chair. So pretty much it says My chair.
Why? Because that is what I am called. 'Isu' Well actually 'Chair Ninja' It's a long story I rather not go into.
Anyways I have been an anime fan since I was about six. :lol: Err.. Yeah.
I enjoy computer games, ps2, x-box, and etc. I'm a big reader.
I'm not to good with introductions.. I also draw including anime style and fan-art. Also fan-fiction. I've been to conventions before not this one though. It will be my first time this year.
Not sure what else to say... Huh.

I Ate My Lava Lamp

Postby I Ate My Lava Lamp » Fri May 05, 2006 11:43 pm

Welcome, everyone! ^_^ You guys are fine at introductions!

Keep 'em coming!

chronostorm

Postby chronostorm » Sat May 06, 2006 1:37 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Ben and I'm a junior at Troy High School, which is actually like 5 minutes driving away from the Hilton Hotel that Youmacon takes place at. ..

I've had a crazy obsession and have been doing music for 11 years already, and i've played way too many instruments (piano, double bass, violin, bass guitar, guitar, trombone, baritone, tuba, clarinet, and more) and I've recently gotten into more electronic musics and jazz. I do alot of composing and improvising etc. I'm really into japanese music also, tho i can't understand alot of it ^_^;

My anime interest spike actually occured during my freshman year (2 years ago for those who cant count :] ) when i started taking Japanese in school.
I try to draw, but my stuff is only mediocre, which sucks cuz my older sister (just finished freshman year at U of M) is really really good at drawing. It makes me look even worse :[ I used to do some abstract 3d work, but because of school I had to stop.

I play alot of games. Mostly FPS, but oftentimes also RPGs and RTS. I don't really play MMORPGs, mostly cuz i have no money.

I'm obsessed with fixing stuff. Thus, I never throw any old electronics away... All of my friends come to me whenever they break something (xboxes, ps2s, computer etc.) I used to program a bit and did some modding with Halo and Halo 2 for a while also.

I used to write short stories for fun until school became too busy. I might write one soon just because my AP classes are pretty much done.

and I usually wear dress shirts to school, but it's getting kinda boring now. I'm looking for new stuff to wear, but my parents won't let me buy anything cool :[ and they wont let me dye my hair or anything

I'm more of a quiet type when it comes to talking, but if I become familiar with someone, I tend to talk about weird stuff o_0 haha not really, but until I become familiar with someone, I feel really awkward talking to them

Also, I suxx0rz at intros

ChibiKitsune20

Postby ChibiKitsune20 » Sat May 06, 2006 6:34 pm

Haha it's ok not knowing what they're saying is half the fun......unless it's a doujin T-T;;; *cough* sorry >>;; what kind of RPGs do you play? I've been heavy into D&D since like....6...lol anyways
I remember the old days ¦<......

Return to “Can't Sleep, Con Will Eat Me...”