Food

Other topics not relating to Youmacon and general conversations.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Watome_shasuki
First Anime: Cowboy bebop

Food

Postby Watome_shasuki » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:34 am

What kind of food is near the convention? Where are the best places to eat at that are reasonable priced?
GIF.! RUN!!!!!

lemonade
First Anime: Digimon

Re: Food

Postby lemonade » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:47 pm

The food court in the basement of the RenCen is the easiest/best in my opinion. It's really reasonably priced, and since it's a full food court, you don't get sick of eating the exactly same thing every day.
Youmacon 2015
Thurs: Eli Ayase (PJs) - Love Live!
Fri [Day]: Chiyo Sakura - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Fri [Evening]: Asuka Langley (Halloween) - Evangelion
Sat: Takane Shijou (My Dear Vampire) - The iDOLM@STER
Sun: Yukirin the 6th (Halloween) - AKB0048

Watome_shasuki

Postby Watome_shasuki » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Is their any good buffets close?
GIF.! RUN!!!!!

ki_chan
First Anime: Sailormoon

Postby ki_chan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:45 pm

No there aren't any buffets in downtown Detroit. Buffets are more about quantity than convenience and quality, and the downtown Detroit area is more about convenience or quality. Very industry heavy area so you need places where people can stop in quickly and get lunch. And it's also got a heavy night life so you get a lot of higher star quality restaurants.

The Renaissance Center and the Cobo Center have food courts. There's also places like Greektown which have restaurants. There's a lot of great places to eat in Detroit and I definitely recommend splurging just a smidge at least once over the weekend. See what Detroit has to offer.

http://bit.ly/ZHrv66

Follow the link and it will bring up a nifty bar at the top of the window where you can filter out restauranted by price range and rating and whatnot.

Watome_shasuki

Postby Watome_shasuki » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:58 pm

ki_chan wrote:No there aren't any buffets in downtown Detroit. Buffets are more about quantity than convenience and quality, and the downtown Detroit area is more about convenience or quality. Very industry heavy area so you need places where people can stop in quickly and get lunch. And it's also got a heavy night life so you get a lot of higher star quality restaurants.

The Renaissance Center and the Cobo Center have food courts. There's also places like Greektown which have restaurants. There's a lot of great places to eat in Detroit and I definitely recommend splurging just a smidge at least once over the weekend. See what Detroit has to offer.

http://bit.ly/ZHrv66

Follow the link and it will bring up a nifty bar at the top of the window where you can filter out restauranted by price range and rating and whatnot.

Thank you!
GIF.! RUN!!!!!

Return to “Can't Sleep, Con Will Eat Me...”