should I be afraid?

Other topics not relating to Youmacon and general conversations.

Moderator: Public Moderators

RenassanceMan1
First Anime: Tetsuo the Iron Man

should I be afraid?

Postby RenassanceMan1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:59 pm

I'm a concerned renascence center employeee and I've seen people walking around dressed as various characters. Is there any thing I should keep in mind when approaching or attempting to communicate with the participants? Some can be quite scary and down right intimidating.

thirdy042115
First Anime: Sakura

Re: should I be afraid?

Postby thirdy042115 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:38 am

Hi,

I had the same feeling before. Employees, participants, and some people intimidate me with their costumes and attires. I sometimes stayed in the corner and just watch people. I'm not so confident to interact with them.

dementor2017
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby dementor2017 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:52 am

Yes, It is scary for the first time but if you keep attending the conventions and meetings you'll probably gonna get used to it.

thirdy042115

Postby thirdy042115 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:56 am

dementor2017 is actually right you just need to have a self-confidence and always bear in mind the reason why you'll attend conventions and meetings. You also need to look forward the things that you're going to learn after the conventions or meetings.

dementor2017
First Anime: Inuyasha

Postby dementor2017 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:57 am

Exactly :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thirdy042115

Postby thirdy042115 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:19 am

Like I've said I experienced this before, It's awkward for the first time, it's intimidating, it's a whole lot of emotions and you just want to go home and get away from there, and I did, but just think about it. You go to the event for a reason like you want to learn something new, have some fun, and make some friends but you can't because you don't have self-confidence. I tried searching and looking for answers to boost my self-esteem, my self-confidence or let's call it ego. I went to different sites and forums just to get an answer for my self-problems. I ran to this site https://ponbee.com/how-to-boost-self-esteem/ and read it a couple of times, I tell you it's hard when you start changing and boosting your self-esteem but it's worth it. Now I attend almost every event, conventions, anime cosplays, and meetings.

Return to “Can't Sleep, Con Will Eat Me...”