MUST READ: Forum Rules and Regulations - Updated 6/20/2010

Forum-wide announcements posted by staff.

Moderator: Public Moderators

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH
First Anime: Sailor Moon

MUST READ: Forum Rules and Regulations - Updated 6/20/2010

Postby ngsilver » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:48 pm

Youmacon General Forum Rules

- Flaming and spamming will NOT be tolerated. If we catch you doing any of this, you will be disciplined!

- Use the edit button. Do not double post.

- Search for threads before creating a new topic. We don't need ten threads about how cool Youmacon is.

- Do NOT post links to illegal material in this forum; you will be banned and the proper authorities notified.

- This forum is PG-13; keep it that way. To help with this we have enabled censoring on the forums. You may opt-out of censoring in your user control panel.

- Please refrain from posting large images to the forums. Use hyperlinks to help reduce loading time.

- If you are intending to advertise, you must follow these steps or risk being banned. 1. send a message including the post you wish to make to a moderator (myself would work) 2. Wait for said moderator to reply with an OK before posting (aprox 2-3 day turnaround) 3. If you are denied, DO NOT POST IT.

- When replying to a post, only quote what you are replying to, not everything in the whole thread (please refrain from "nesting" quotes).

- When replying to posts that contains images, please remove the images or replace them with links if you quote the post.

- Links in your signature are alright; however, images must be kept smaller than 400x200 pixels, and the total signature length cannot exceed 5 lines or the equivalent of 5 lines in normal font.

- In general, we use a three-strike system. If you do something very bad, it may count more than once. Three strikes and you get banned, either for a certain amount of time or even permanently depending on the degree of offenses.

- Attempting to evade the actions or rulings of a moderator is a very serious offense. If a moderator deletes a thread and tells you it was unacceptable, do not recreate it. If you are banned for a period of time due to misconduct, do not create another account to evade the ban. Anyone who is caught evading moderation will be permanently banned from the forums.

These rules will be enforced from this moment and forward. Hi, I'm your newest admin, so don't make me have to admin you.
Last edited by Medieval on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Altered the rules to include info about censoring. Also to ensure all users see this I have also made this a gobal announcement. Addendum by Medieval: I locked topic to prevent spam bots posting to it.

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH

Signature Rules Clarification

Postby ngsilver » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:39 am

Ok, it seems there is some confusion as to the signature rules so let me break it down for you all. (this also means I'm going to not be as easy going to future rule breakers)

The rule states that you can post text, images, and links to your signature. However, any image posted to your signature must be kept within the limits of a 400x200 image (which is a fairly large image for those still using 800x600 screen resolutions.)

People have been having a hard time figuring out what this is, so let me show you visually:

That clear? Good. Lets move on.

The signature rule also states that your signature cannot exceed 5 lines of text or the equivalent of that (when images are added.) Take a look at this image to see what 5 lines of normal text look like:

Now this by all means does not limit you to a width for your text, just an image width. However, the max length of your signature is 5 lines (and on my screen it takes a lot of text to wrap around and fill up more lines.)

Ok, that clear? Good, cuz' here's the tricky part. Images and text in your signature.

We use the general rule that an image that has a 100 pixel height is equivalent to 3 lines of text. Taking that into count if you use an image that is at the full allowed resolution in your signature, you are filling up 6 lines of text, which would leave you with -1 with which to use for text in your signature. Now, a 400x100 image would take up 3 lines, leaving you with 2 lines to work with for text. And so on and so forth.

Keep in mind, blank lines COUNT toward your line total. However, if a blank line is what makes your signature 6 lines long, it will most likely be overlooked (I mean, technically you can post 6 lines by posting an image.)

Do realize that signatures cannot be enforced everyone at once. We can only notice long sigs when we see them in a post. So don't think that someone else is getting let off light if you get stung while someone else doesn't. They'll get their turn in due time, unless you turn them in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enforcement of this rule will begin with a reprimand and a request for compliance. If the request is not met in a timely manner we will remove your signature all-together. Excessively large signatures may be edited even before this point, such as turning images into links.

Failure to comply or multiple infringements will grant major strikes and/or bans.

Thank you and happy posting ^^

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH

Postby ngsilver » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:32 am

Guess this needs a bump. Seems not many are paying attention lately to the rules.

Let it be known, you only get one strike as far as signatures go. If I catch you with a large signature a 2nd time the friendly reprimand will be accompanied by some form of ban (be it a timed ban or some form of loss of privileges including loss of signature privileges.)

Thanks ^^

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH

Postby ngsilver » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:25 am

- If you are intending to advertise, you must follow these steps or risk being banned. 1. send a message including the post you wish to make to a moderator (myself would work) 2. Wait for said moderator to reply with an OK before posting (aprox 2-3 day turnaround) 3. If you are denied, DO NOT POST IT.

Let me bring further attention to the newest alteration of the forum rules. This outlines the process for getting your advertising requests approved. Users who do not follow these instructions will receive a ban.

What exactly is an advertisement? Any post that may be considered as a means to support monetary gain. As well as anything the forum moderators deem as such.

To play it safe, if you are not sure, send in a request. It may take a few days for the approval to be given, but at least you don't run the risk of getting banned.

ngsilver
Fan Art Theater DH

Re: MUST READ: Forum Rules and Regulations

Postby ngsilver » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:21 am

ngsilver wrote:- This forum is PG-13; keep it that way. To help with this we have enabled censoring on the forums. You may opt-out of censoring in your user control panel.

Let me take a moment and bring some attention to the alteration of the rule above. As you might have noticed we have enabled censoring on the forums to help maintain the pg-13 content of the forums. Censoring however is opt-out. If you feel you are old enough and mature enough to handle some cursing you can turn off censoring for yourself via the user control panel.

The control for censoring is located in: User Control -> Board Prefs -> Display options -> Enable Word Censoring

Keep in mind however, this is NOT an invitation to curse on these boards. Keep in mind the rule still states PG-13. So please, keep it that way!

Return to “General Announcements”